Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, (and likely others)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I wonder why I get really freaked out by the android trailers... :|

Because robots and synthetics don't exactly have a good reputation in these things.

Also, looking back over David's video there, can anyone else see Apple doing something like this in 40 years time? Only with a smug twee little song playing over it?

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Its kind of hard to tell, I can't get a good sense of scale from the top pic, and I always thought that the Space Jockey was much bigger than a human, like 9-10ft tall. From here I can't how tall that guy is?

.....Actually from these Alien screenshots:
Space-jockey-alien-3_1199468861_640w.jpg

SpaceJockey.jpg

The Jockey seems even bigger than I first thought.....and that guy in the pic you posted looks pretty big.

:/ I dunno. Am I the only one who thinks that kind of sucks? The Space Jockey was always very creepy and 'unknown' and to find that its just a humanoid giant in a suit feels like a letdown. Even if that humaniod giant is an alien himself.

On top of that the Space Jockey in Alien definitely looks more organic than the one in Prometheus. Like maybe the 'suit' is somehow biomechanical which would account for the fossilisation but....gah. I just don't like it :(

It could be the suit that makes him look so large.

Here's another photo with the suits in the background,

Iy0i1k.jpg

And here's a close up of the guy,

Man-in-jockey-room.jpg

...obviously humanoid, but he doesn't look human. And, I'd bet he's the same dude we see at the beginning of the extended trailer,

prometheus-trailer-2-03.jpg

There's a possibility he could be an android. We obviously know they're bald when they come out of the test tube. And they wouldn't need a helmet out in the open like this guy. But, if he is a humanoid, it would explain the huge fucking head sculpture.

Prometheusposterfixed.jpg

Last edited:

Ghost X

As far as apple making an android, they say their "next big thing" will be made known (at least) in the next 8 months :awesome:.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
OMG GIANT SKELLINGTON HEAD AT 0.36!!?11!!!!

I'm all juiced up now....again. But at the same time I feel like we're seeing too much y'know?

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I would really like to see the main difference in Xenomorph's if they were created from spacejockey DNA.

Such as.

Alien: Normal Human born Xenomorph

Alien+Movie.jpg

Alien 3: Xenomorph evolves from the dog dna

Alien+Runner.jpg

Alien Resurection: Xenomorph born from Human/Xenomorph queen from Ridley clone's womb.
Alienresurrection.jpg

Alien vs Predator 2: Xenomorph born from Predator DNA
images

As is shown throughout the movies, the organism that the facehuggers attach to essentially create different versions of the Xenomorphs. All with different abilities (Predator xenomorph being shown as more powerful etc)

I really wanna see what space jockey Xenomorphs would look like :P

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Sorry for the double post:

Interesting new International trailer...

If the creature they encounter has anything to do with the xenomorph we know (and some love), then I would like to know how the evolution happened...

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If the creature they encounter has anything to do with the xenomorph we know (and some love), then I would like to know how the evolution happened...

To me it looks like a pre-evolved form of a facehugger....and I'm speculating that somehow they assmilated human DNA....and thats why the facehuggers have human looking fingers *shudder*.....

oh fuck

the fingers aren't the only 'human' feature on a facehugger...

ohfuckohfuckohfuck

:sickmonster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
To me it looks like a pre-evolved form of a facehugger....and I'm speculating that somehow they assmilated human DNA....and thats why the facehuggers have human looking fingers *shudder*.....

oh fuck

the fingers aren't the only 'human' feature on a facehugger...

ohfuckohfuckohfuck

:sickmonster:

aw c'mon woman
one word: chestbursters

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
In all fairness it's safe to say no-one has seen a xenomorphs original form. They require a host body to mature/create a queen and that hosts genetic makeup determines the xenomorphs attributes.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
aw c'mon woman
one word: chestbursters

What I meant was
I was always aware of the uh....genitalish (?) nature of the facehuggers underside, and the phallic head shape of the chestburster and xenomorph. It's kind of hard to get away from in Gigers art. But now I'm starting to think they're going show a reason for that, other than Giger being a naughty man.

Also
Does anyone think they're going to reference the whole 'pod/egg' thing in Prometheus? I can't help thinking if that had been left in the cinematic version we wouldn't have had the Aliens being turned into hive minded insects in Aliens

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I assume that it just involves the assimilation of human DNA into its reproductive cycle, rather than any specifics.

Also-

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Tom Rothman, CEO of Fox has stated that “Not one frame of Prometheus will be cut“. He goes further and says “If that means it’s an R rating, so be it“.

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It's FULL of spoilery goodness, but io9 has breakdown of the new stuff from the trailer with screenshots. After looking at a couple of them, I've decided that I'm gonna try my damndest to be on media blackout for Prometheus from now on, though I might still poast things here.

Yeah, I'd try and avoid all the spoilery goodness but I have the willpower of a dead squid.

I do think they're going overboard with all the trailers and stuff. The first trailer, the one that was very similar to Alien was probably the best (and scariest) But I guess thats the way things are now. I dunno for sure, but I'm guessing thats just the way Fox insists on things being done.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I just have one request:

When this movie comes out, someone please tell me about it. PM me, I want to be spoiled.

I cannot watch this kind of movie, 'cause I'll be freaked out. Bad enough I already am.

No face hugging, chest bursting, brain eating, nearly indestructible creatures in real life for me - thank you.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
:lol: aw come on Ari, I'll be going to see it, by which time ill be 7 months pregnant. I'll probably be getting kicked while I'm watching all the gore. It'll be the ultimate interactive experience :monster: If I can do that and I'm a big chicken then you certainly can.

Plus this is the kind of film you just have to see at the cinema, won't be the same on tv.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
There's supposed to be another International trailer that has
some alien creature coming out of the mouth of one of the dead crew members
Trying to find a clip...

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Thanks. It happened so fast (like duh!) I missed it before.

Ugh. Every time I look into this my stomach starts to hurt and feel queasy.

Octo - for real: be careful. Sudden surprises can throw a woman into premature labor.

Though, if you and I were closer to each other, maybe we could see it together; then, I'd bitch at you through the trip to the hospital as you go into aforementioned premature labor... :P

But seriously... I just can't. Even thinking about it makes me - ugh.

Okay - but Ridley said this is NOT a direct prequel to Alien, though there are going to be snippets ?!? So... I don't know what to think. I also read that the alien life form(s?) is (are) very sexual.

Anyhow... it's all neat stuff; very interesting topic.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo - for real: be careful. Sudden surprises can throw a woman into premature labor.

Though, if you and I were closer to each other, maybe we could see it together; then, I'd bitch at you through the trip to the hospital as you go into aforementioned premature labor... :P

:lol: Well after witnessing a live birth you'd probably think Prometheus looked like Teletubbies or something :monster:

Nah I'll be careful, if things get too intense I can always waddle home with my tail between my legs. Plus I've kind of got so jaded that I can usually predict when those 'jump scares' are about to happen. I'm hoping Ol' Ridley isn't going to stoop to that though.

Damn, the last horror film that actually scared me was the Japanese version of Ring and that was 14 years ago! :/

EDIT:

Ok so I already thought Shaw was awesome, but now I'm really liking Vickers, even if she is a corporate hard-ass.

Fangu

Great Old One
Damn, the last horror film that actually scared me was the Japanese version of Ring and that was 14 years ago! :/
Oh God, the horror. That film. So scary.

(I like to call it "the original version" rather than "the Japanese version" btw.)

I saw the trailer for Prometheus when I went to see The Avengers, and now I am excited about this movie.

Top Bottom