Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, (and likely others)

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

What are these "AvP fans" you speak of?

Regardless if he doesn't believe in them or not the fact of the matter is that they HAVE been introduced. Sure enough they were nowhere near as good as alien but unfortunately he will still have to adhere somewhat to them now that the company linked avp to the alien saga.

Nonesense. Thats like saying tht Akira Toriyama would have to adhere to The stories and concepts of DBGT. He doesn't btw. DBO flat out contradicts DBGT's very existence.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I. Don't. Know. I've never met one :monster:

I'm under the assumption that they must exist somewhere, and that Fox or whoever has said AvP is canon. So I'm presuming that there might be folk out there who would get a bee in their bonnet if Prometheus or other Alien prequels/sequels contradicted that. Which would be strange as I'm fairly sure AvP managed to contradict its own canon a few times, even within one of the films :lol:

Thats why we're having this discussion now isn't it? Or have I not been paying enough attention?

EDIT: L posted while I was typing.

Sorry L, I didn't really get the impression you were a fan of AvP. Nor did I think you were particularly bothered about AvP being included in canon, that you were just stating that they were. My beef is with those who would decry anything contradicting AvP.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Avp was batshit crazy but still highly entertaining and the concept of the predators using the aliens as the ultimate prey is rather convincing : P

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Don't get me wrong, I find the idea of AvP a good one. I squeed when I saw the Alien skull in Predator 2, and I've enjoyed the AvP comics. I just felt like the films were a bit of a let-down, and in places just got a bit silly (like Ressurection did) So I prefer to treat them as a stand alone thing. Obviously Fox seems to have other ideas.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I rather liked the ending of requiem just for the section where weyland are introduced as knowing about the aliens/predators.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah, I think there were some interesting elements in the films. I would actually like to see Aliens, Predator and Blade Runner universes tied up together in a way that made sense but at the same time was optional.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I hope the connection to Alien and Prometheus is similar to the connections for FF7 and FFX.

A single sentence mentioned by some kid in a air ship that no one remembers or gives a fuck about.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I hope the connection to Alien and Prometheus is similar to the connections for FF7 and FFX.

A single sentence mentioned by some kid in a air ship that no one remembers or gives a fuck about.

Oh god why did you bring that up!? :lol: I remember, and it still sticks in my craw to this day. OHGODITWASSOFUCKINGSTUPID!:wallbanger:

I don't really mind too much, it depends on how it is done I guess, and also whether or not Prometheus is a good film.

I mean, it could just be that the Space Jockeys were engineering all sorts of biological weapons, and what we see in Prometheus is just some examples of stuff they have made, with a few nods towards Xenomorphs but nothing overt (the murals) That way it wouldn't shit all over Alien too much.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It's all clear now, Elizabeth Shaw has been harrassing Weyland for weeks and he's like 'We'll see about that!' :lol:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's also worth nothing that, while this is a transmission to Weyland, the whole clip is being analyzed by Yutani. I wonder if the W-Y partnership came about from corporate espionage and blackmail...

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I won't be watching any more trailers, tv spots etc :P
I try to keep myself as unspoiled as possible from now on.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
MUST. RESIST. SPOILER.

happy-pfftch_bigger.jpg

Ghost X

Lol. Yeah, I haven't been paying much attention to media on the film for a few weeks. I think seeing the last trailer was probably a bit much, even. Seeing the aliens (or at least some of them) n' such.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah, it seems to be the way things are done these days. Perversely there I guess you get a lot more entertainment from the dribbles of info and trailers and such, getting all juiced up is part of the experience. It's kind of a trade off, because often the films just arent that good, or don't live up to how its been built up in your head (NOT THIS THOUGH RIDLEY WONT LET US DOWN?!!1!11?)

I remember all the stuff about Blair Witch Project, it was really interesting to me and I got spooked out just reading all the viral stuff, even the spin off 'dossier' was scary. But the film itself? Eh......it just didn't live up to the hype.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I didn't think it was that spoilerish, I mean they've already made it obvious that at some point Shaw has the creature inside her haven't they?

Anyway, should make things more interesting for me :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Thats what I thought too Tets :lol: I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it, but one of the things I liked about Alien was how it turned that whole sex/rape/pregnancy thing on its head, and that men would feel uncomfortable about it too. I feel like these days nearly every horror film has some sort of sex/rape element, which usually involves women. It's kind of become par for the course. I just hope something different can be done with this.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I didn't think it was that spoilerish, I mean they've already made it obvious that at some point Shaw has the creature inside her haven't they?

Anyway, should make things more interesting for me :monster:

I was more referring to the fact that they mention that the creature evolves over at LEAST four stages (the Xenomorph is only a three-stage evolution).

i still dont know what i'm supposed to be afraid of idgi

I was just referencing this quote:

...it grows and changes, sometimes "organically" in a way that [actress Noomi] Rapace calls "every woman's worst nightmare."

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Quick
everyone think of a thing that might be a "woman's worst nightmare"

Top Bottom