Remake Demo Listed on PSN (UPDATE: The Full Intro is on YouTube)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I imagine SE, while they could ask, ultimately don't have the authority to tell Sony to update their store early
(Though I don't doubt they will be stubborn anyway)

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
me calling nomura to ask for the demo to just be officially released already

1425277214.gif

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
I haven't played any of the FF7 prequels. Heidegger mentions they are looking into if Avalanche was responsible for a previous attempt on Shinra's life. Was that a part of another game?

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Should there be a dedicated datamining thread? There is so much leaking right now.

I haven't played any of the FF7 prequels. Heidegger mentions they are looking into if Avalanche was responsible for a previous attempt on Shinra's life. Was that a part of another game?
I have never played Before Crisis but apparently the original Avalanche crashes a speech and he gets shot.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho

Yup, Before Crisis has the original Avalanche trying to kill the President. But not sure if it'll be the same Avalanche here. Barret's profile mentions that there are other members of Avalanche out there and that he's just a leader of one cell. Also mention that they weren't a fan of his extreme methods, gotta wonder what he did!

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Oy, probably should have a separate leak thread, then, so people don't get accidentally spoiled, with big clear warnings on the thread title. I wonder what SE's going to do about all this?

And back to the demo, I never realized until they were getting into the elevator just how much smaller Jessie is than Cloud and Barret. She is a tiny little thing.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Oy, probably should have a separate leak thread, then, so people don't get accidentally spoiled, with big clear warnings on the thread title. I wonder what SE's going to do about all this?

And back to the demo, I never realized until they were getting into the elevator just how much smaller Jessie is than Cloud and Barret. She is a tiny little thing.

How is this not the separate thread? :P

Jairus

Well, Ite, it started off about the demo, not about any leaks. Just saying maybe the topics should be split?

Jairus

Just curious, but why would SE put the demo and the game up on PSN before they were set to launch? Didn't they know that doing that was practically begging for it to be leaked?

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I don't think it really matters anymore. If this went up, say, literally Jan 31st just before releasing as an anniversary thing, then all this would just be happening the first week of Feb. Sure, that's a whole month less of leaks, but this is bottoming out at 100mph

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
I don't think it really matters anymore. If this went up, say, literally Jan 31st just before releasing as an anniversary thing, then all this would just be happening the first week of Feb. Sure, that's a whole month less of leaks, but this is bottoming out at 100mph

Pretty much. With the level of data mining in this day and age no amount of encryption can stop it. The moment they decided to have a demo it was just a matter of when the leaks will happen. They probably knew this was coming but didn't care anyway.

@Lex Boy I opened that thread, saw Red and had to immediately close it. I'm struggling enough already to prevent myself from being spoiled to death. The urge to keep scrolling further was so, so real.

Only two months to go. Must. Not. Cave. In .:wallbanger:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
You're just seeing video compression. The game will run at 4k when it's released. That video is just 720p and depends on how good your internet bandwidth is at any given moment. It was fairly clear on mine, for what it's worth. I have fiber to the home, though.
Yeah I know the vid was pretty heavily compressed, and I know it depends on bandwidth, etc. Except I downloaded a copy and was going through it frame by frame, and this band of pixelation was still there. So I was hoping it was due to the recording and not a flaw in the intro video render.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Yeah I know the vid was pretty heavily compressed, and I know it depends on bandwidth, etc. Except I downloaded a copy and was going through it frame by frame, and this band of pixelation was still there. So I was hoping it was due to the recording and not a flaw in the intro video render.
There’s a 1080p uploaded by Andrew2007 out there now, and I don’t see any artifacts in it at that part.

So, it was either compression, recording or a different build. Most often something like that is a compression issue.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Just curious, but why would SE put the demo and the game up on PSN before they were set to launch? Didn't they know that doing that was practically begging for it to be leaked?
Anything that's to be listed on PSN needs to go through a lengthy certification and setup process that takes about two weeks minimum to complete. With the holiday season currently underway I'm also going to assume that some of the people who would normally be making sure that everything is going according to plan might be out on vacation.

AKA
Alex
They should just release the demo and get ahead of it :awesomonster:

The problem, as was pointed out on a stream by Maximillian Dood this evening, is that it's not as simple as saying "release this". Many people in Japan are still on holidays. To get a demo like this out, you'd need to make sure you have the staff and resources to ensure that it's properly uploaded, distributed, patched (if needed), etc. He also pointed out that there are elements in the intro alone that he didn't see in the E3 closed-doors demo.

The only thing that seems clear is that there's a notice at the end of the gameplay to purchase a copy of the base/deluxe edition, suggesting it will be released at some point. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if S-E scrubs the whole thing entirely and lets speculation run rampant until launch day, stemming further leaks where they can.

Top Bottom