Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Happy to hear development is going well so far. But yeah, I'm not really expecting anything major until after FFXVI is released now that it sounds like the game is coming within the next year. I think SE learned their lesson over the way-too-early reveal trailer in 2015 (along with other games like XV and KH3) and focus on one big project at a time.

SO RELEASE SOON!!!! :monstersmash:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I think they have iteratively. But 16 is the first clean sheet project to have come after the chaos of the PS3 and early PS4 development cycle to really show whether they have learned their lesson from the get go or not.

Also, I actually think they might want 7R hype to cool a little bit. Not too much, mind, but enough that they feel like they have time to finish without rushing and/or fan pressure. It explains why they allowed 16 to kick off at all, even though they could have gotten away with keeping the mainline series on ice until the 7R parts were finished.

If they stagger development, they avoid long gaps in releases, and also take the focus off of the team that has more to still finish by focusing on the hype of the product coming out sooner.

It helps that Yoshi P has earned a lot of goodwill with the gaming public. And if it succeeds, I'd not be surprised if he became overall shotcaller for the IP. Final Fantasy certainly needs it.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Also there might understandably be a bigger gap between the releases of Part 1 and Part 2 than between the releases of Part 2 and subsequent parts since presumably Part 2’s design/game mechanics/world structure will be more similar to the latter parts than the first installment, which was limited to Midgar an enclosed locale, compared to the latter parts having to adapt/figure out how to portray traversing locations over an entire planet and how to scale/section that out.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Neat, is there any info indicating when and where the interview took and came from?
This interview has already made it to some FF content creators' YouTube channels, and someone mentioned in the comments that the interview is taken from FFVIIR Material Ultimania, which contains interviews with other JP VAs as well. Last year someone was translating them on Twitter via Google lens, so I'm not sure about accuracy.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Yknow...

To be honest, in retrospect, Yoko Ono was the pioneer. It seems like all Japanese avant-garde art is just like that.

It only seemed weird to my folks, I guess, cuz they weren't babysat by a lil grey Nintendo Box like I was

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I think that this is about the themes that they're putting into place with Wutai for Remake following what they've previously established with Yuffie's story back in OtWtaS. Essentially, despite focusing on the prospect of saving the world and making things better for everyone, those acts don't always have an immediate positive impact on the people who are close to you and who you care about most deeply, and so that path can be an extremely difficult one to follow.

X :neo:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah that Yuffie is awesome. I really want to see more too.

Also Tres, they've warned us since the first Ultimania released for the game: expect the FFVII story to still go as it did. But I do expect a *LOT* of changes, just like the Midgar part was. In the end, we'll still find the important beats in game from the OG. They want to incorporate stuff from the Compilation *into* FFVII (Nojima's words), and they're doing it, so the world feels more cohesive. Events will be streamlined. They're not only thinking about the OG, but also the Compilation and how everything must make sense whithin it. This is why Remake is part of the Compilation. It encapsulates it.

I've fought so many times in this forum about this concept, I'm pretty happy that Nomura confirms this (again). The overarching story is the same. Cloud is not himself. Tifa will help him in the Lifestream. Aerith will discover more about the Ancients before dying. And right now, at the end of Remake part 1, Vincent is still sleeping; Cid is still with Shinra.

The fact that there is another Sephiroth, that Zack is seemingly alive, etc. All of this matters *less* in the grand scheme of things. They will have their importance, at some point, but not for the general story and its (long) run. Whatever happens with them will be solved in another dimension, later on, maybe even in the Lifestream. I kind of wonder if the Lifestream binds all versions of the Planet if Zack really is an alternate world, but that's for another post ^^

Top Bottom