Report Bugs

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
AFqCb4n.png

mIjJsoN.png

edit: nevermind, I did exactly as Lex said... turned em off.. closed firefox... turned em on.. they worked. :monster: thanks bud

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I love how the old "Did you try turning it off and on again" still does the trick, :monster:

(it even has bonus FF T-shirt)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I know. I hate to be that person who doesn't try it until a last resort, and it's what ends up doing it. :monster: But you can't argue with ol' faithful.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There was an Incident this afternoon; Fangu reported TLS wasn't loading for her. I tried to log into the site remotely, but that timed out as well; it seemed completely inaccessible.

I triggered a reboot from our host's control panel, which brought the site back online after a few minutes. I did some digging into the logs, but could not find any traces of a DDOS or malice or anything like that; all I could find was that somehow, something triggered a shutdown of the server. I couldn't find anything that triggered it though.

Random theory popped up; could have been unplanned server maintenance or a power outage at our host, which in turn triggered an emergency shutdown. or something. That's probably reaching though, and I'd expect our host to inform us of that. Can't find anything about that either.

TL;DR unexpected server shutdown; I don't think it's related to any recent events or discoveries (like that backdoor script I found last night).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, might as well send in a ticket just to be sure, they do list 24/7 support after all, which means I am paying for that :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
My animated gif for an avatar isn't working when I upload it. :sadpanda: It worked last time I uploaded one

I tried uploading and by link

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm pretty sure the forum software resizes it to our conservative size without retaining the animation; how big is it (dimensions / KB)? I could tweak the limits, I guess, although we also have mobile users to consider.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I got bitten to death at the allotment by nosee'ums. Face, tits, neck, legs, the works. Little fuckers.
Now I've reported it, what're you gonna do about it?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
You're fucking damn right it's an issue! I got targeted because I'm a menstruating female and that is sexual harassment and gender bias of the highest order. It's also speciest and now I'm triggered.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Sorry to bug ya Yop. Turns out the gifresizer was lying to me about the size and it was too big for the allotments when I thought I was staying within them. :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
So, I clicked the reload button for new posts and
i6UQZCa.png
happened. It got fixed by logging in again but I thought you might want to know anyway.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's odd. Probably a glitch in the latest poasts thing where it loaded the wrong page. But I can't think of a reason why it'd show the smilies list there.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I think my login timed out or something. Maybe the glitch was because you're not supposed to see those stats unless you're on but they were already there so they couldn't just disappear until I refreshed the whole page. I wonder what would've happened if I tried to log in from the glitched section.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's probably it; I checked out which URL the 'refresh' button loads, and it's http://thelifestream.net/forums/misc.php?show=latestposts&resultsnr=10. If you open that page without being logged in, you'll see the smilies page, which is http://thelifestream.net/forums/misc.php?do=showsmilies. I'm guessing the showsmilies is the 'default' action; if you open up http://thelifestream.net/forums/misc.php, you get it too. Kinda weird decision to make it like that... but then, so is implementing getting a list of smilies and fetching the latest posts in the same code file.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I forgot to bring this up but the site's IRC occasionally gets all weird when I log in, which sometimes persist when I leave and come back. All the text gets offset diagonally and symbols next to names appear in colored boxes.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Weird. That's probably more of an issue with the client we use though. Could you make a screenshot of that when it happens too?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but oftentimes lately when I log in, I'll click on a thread or my profile to view them, and when the page loads up I've been logged out and I'll have to log back in.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I've been getting error messages the past 2 days trying to access the IRC channel. When the page actually loads, it's also the messed up version I've had to deal with before and stays that way no matter how many times I refresh.
7O5b3jo.png
a screenshot from when I first brought it up but couldn't upload. Unlike the other times, right now text seems to stay properly aligned.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's... quaint. What browser are you using?

The client is not under our control though, it's an iframe loading Kiwi IRC, which is hosted elsewhere by some company. I could probably forward your issue to them.

Top Bottom