Report Bugs

Username

Banned
This is not a bug, just no mods are online to PM. I want to know how to put spoiler tags on something, please. I got banned for not doing this once so i better not take risks eh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is by no means important, just curious. Is there a reason why when I log into my account on the forums the banner defaults to the "oldskool" Lifestream banner? I mean the new one is up before I login...

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Because you're using the TLS narrow skin. Use the normal or green.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No...when I'm on my computer and logged in, I'm on just "The Lifestream" skin. And if I load up the site on another computer and log in, it switches to "The Lifestream Oldskool" skin.

pretty weird

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That. vB stores your skin choice in a cookie, clear those and try again. Also make sure the URL you open TLS with doesn't have '&styleid=x' in it, this'll also switch to the TLS Narrow skin.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I actually probably would have been arsed by now, if I had the power.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not...

Several times over the last week or so, when I try to view a thread or make a post, it loads so far and then an error message pops up, and it fails to load at all. I'll make a screencap the next time it happens so you guys can see what the exact message is, but I felt I should report it.

Up until now, I've just put it down to my crappy computer, but it's happening on the library machines, too.

EDIT

Here, happened while I was accessing my profile to reply to a user message:

TLSerror2010-09.jpg

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Does this occur on one specific page or just random pages?

It's probably just IE though. What version of IE is used?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I've spotted no pattern in which pages it happens on (other than, if it occurs when trying to view one page, it may happen the next one or two times I try to view that page).

At home, the computer is on IE7. The public access ones in the library, I can't say for sure - but at a guess, I'd say IE8.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That is quaint.

...Yeah, I dunno what else to make out if it, :monster:. A website really shouldn't make a browser fail like that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
... If what is still the most used web browser is having issues with our site, all attempts to increase site activity are facing worse than an uphill battle, guys. We're talking more like a 90-degree angle battle.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, I'd expect to get a lot more complaints if it was a big problem for a lot of people, I think.

Also, the internet explorer users actually rank 3rd place at 5,908 visits, versus 6,066 visits for Chrome and 14,315 on Firefox for the frontpage, with similar rakings on the forums :monster:. Making it the 3rd most used browser right now. We're also getting ~100 visits from the PS3 and PSP, which is kinda lulzy :monster:.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
The only thing that I had a problem with is that on rare occasions the site will log me out. Other then that I run Fire Fox and I'm not having any other issues with the site loading or the forums.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Well, touch wood, but it seems the problem I reported has been sorted out.

If it's the work of the staff here, good job, much appreciated.

If it's sorted itself out, WTF Microsoft? Actually, just "WTF Microsoft?" whatever. XD

Top Bottom