So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
No, no. It's really a song about how Tifa is upset because Cloud and Aerith's hearts are entwining. A sad song of defeat.
Dudue, I was just about to say that.

@ SquallxQuistis: wut. I see Squall hooking up with Selphie before hooking up with Quistis. He at least liked Selphie as a friend. He never seemed too fond of Quistis.

Where can I get it? *goes to see*
Import, or wait for linkies to start showing up. It's not on US iTunes. JP iTunes has the ~official~ titles, and instead of "Connected Hearts," it's "Hearts Entwining." You can just change stores if you want to listen to clips. Tifa's theme is only a minute long. It's kind of pretty though.

Edit: though apparently, you can listen to clips on the official website now. Poop. You couldn't do that last night.

Last edited:

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
Maybe they mean she feels like her heart is entwining. As in entwining hearts are a dimension of Tifa's character in general.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Is that sarcasm? I have a strong dislike of 8, Squall, Rinoa, and Squall/Rinoa (I just found it poorly done). But there's no denying they are canon. Just incredibly distasteful canon.

I always feel happy seeing people say the same things I think of Squinoa's blooming love.

Yes, it is poorly done. Some people say it isn't... but I guess that's up to interpretation (seewutididthar?). The point is, we all still know Squinoa is canon, but that doesn't mean we like it. :P

Though I do like Final Fantasy VIII. Just not Squinoa. And Squall and/or Rinoa. Dissidia!Squall in battle? I love him.

Ditto that. I've always thought Squinoa was forced and played out, but it's obvious that they are canon, as much as I think Squall would have been better with Quistis had she not made herself into such the doormat. :monster:

Quistis won't be better off with him though. :sadpanda:

Although I can imagine some hot whipping sessions during alone time. :awesome:

I would be down with that. :monster: Reeve has a sexy voice...

This is true. :monster:

@ SquallxQuistis: wut. I see Squall hooking up with Selphie before hooking up with Quistis. He at least liked Selphie as a friend. He never seemed too fond of Quistis.

Actually, this is where the poorly made out romance connects. I think there was supposed to be some tension between the Squall and the three girls or something because of some of the hints that were dropped, but Selphie and Quistis got downplayed (along with everyone else) in favor of Rinoa camwhoring in-game movies.

Quistis says she moved back when Rinoa arrived in their lives (in regards to Squall). Which is a hint to some kind of romantic, love triangle tension we should have noticed beforehand but didn't because it wasn't there. We just find out about it after Quistis says it. Not to say we weren't shown that Quistis had feelings for Squall before, but we didn't exactly see it continued into the whole thing after Rinoa arrived. Besides, it was kind of stupid that she just moved back like that. Fail at hinting that Rinoa is more deserving of Squall, Square. Epic fail.

As for Selphie, we see hints of Squall actually caring for in a canon sense ("I wonder how Selphie is doing"... somewhere), like that time where they went to the missile base and that time in Trabia. We can also see that he respects her as an individual (like how he let her be the leader of the mission to the missile base), which is probably more than we have of Squall for Quistis (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). As for the IrvinexSelphie things... yeah, that was pretty expected.

FFVIII makes it up with some good graphics, music, and gameplay though. :monster: I miss playing it. I should put it in my PSP sometime...

/end off-topic FFVIII rant

So apparently Reunion Tracks is out, and Tifa's Theme is called "Hearts Entwining." Who is her heart entwining with? Any guesses? Denzel? Reeve? Because I'm sure it's not the man she's living with. What a ridiculous notion.

It is the man she's living with. Denzel. He's a man, and they're living together. It makes perfect sense!

I herd Barret is gonna come back to raise Marlene with Tifa (his troo luv) again, so it must be their hearts entwining. Never mind that they barely interacted in AC/C.

No, no. It's really a song about how Tifa is upset because Cloud and Aerith's hearts are entwining. A sad song of defeat.

OHMYLOL

I bet some pink-loving people are going to buy the album just to hear that song of defeat and dance to the sad music in triumph.

BTW, I'm just wondering at random, how does hating CloudxTifa make sense? :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Maybe they mean she feels like her heart is entwining. As in entwining hearts are a dimension of Tifa's character in general.

Maybe her heart is entwining with Jonnny, ever think of that? Not to mention when written in Kanji it means, "The person whose heart entwines." meaning it's one sided...

I have no idea why I'm being so snarky :(

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
hear that song of defeat and dance to the sad music in triumph.

Tifa, that poor tragic soul.

Even though it's Aerith who is described as the tragic heroine. It's not like the creators mean what they say though so, alas.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So like, how come whenever Ryushikaze starts viewing the thread, everyone else starts watching it?

Smaddy

Green Mage
Maybe Tifa's got some Materia equipped, and her heart is entwined with Ifrit? She'd really be in trouble if she had Knights of the Round equipped.

That's it, I'm starting a fanclub for TifaxLancelot (of KOTR) !!! :P

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Quistis says she moved back when Rinoa arrived in their lives (in regards to Squall). Which is a hint to some kind of romantic, love triangle tension we should have noticed beforehand but didn't because it wasn't there. We just find out about it after Quistis says it.

They handled the tension well enough, I think. Squall was obviously not into Quistis, like at all. So I don't see what he should have been doing differently. Quistis had that little fuss with Rinoa in Deling, which was obviously more about her not exactly liking Rinoa because of Squall more than her being that offended with Rinoa not seeming to take their mission seriously. And up to that point Quistis was still kinda hittin' on Squall("So glad we have a leader that can remember stuff, hee hee!")

Besides, it was kind of stupid that she just moved back like that.

Oh, I thought Quistis moved back at just about the right time. :monster: I wonder how long the poor girl had been chasing Squall before the game started.

We can also see that he respects her as an individual (like how he let her be the leader of the mission to the missile base), which is probably more than we have of Squall for Quistis (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

I think Squall respects Quistis. He thought she was most fit to be in charge of the Zell-Selphie-Quistis group for the Sorceress assassination mission in Deling. I can't recall, but I thought there were other moments where he puts her in charge of stuff.

/off-topic reply to Mei-mei VIII rant(Don't kill me!)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Wow people are actually discussing my VIII comment. I only mentioned it to show that preference =/= canon and that it is possible to prefer one thing but accept another.

Also in my mind when I say that Squall would have been better with Quistis than Rinoa that isn't really saying much. XD

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
We need a song. Like that one in Chrono Trigger that those gargoyles sing about Magus.

Ryu...
Our master...
Has...nice hair and a scythe....

(I forgot the words. :D)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
That's gonna happen whether you contribute to it or not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Here's mine:

OOOHHH Ryushikaze
I just found out that nothing rhymes with Ryushikaze
Except for maybe...

No nothing rhymes with Ryushikaze
.. But he's awesome!

yeah it was a lot funnier when Brian did it on Wings:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Do we really need to inflate his head? :wackymonster:

No. Do it anyways.

That's gonna happen whether you contribute to it or not.

So contribute, so you can feel a part of it.

Here's mine:

OOOHHH Ryushikaze
I just found out that nothing rhymes with Ryushikaze
Except for maybe...

No nothing rhymes with Ryushikaze
.. But he's awesome!

yeah it was a lot funnier when Brian did it on Wings:

There are things that rhyme with both Alex and Ryushikaze

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
I believe Cloud and Tifa have stronger roots. im sure he did have feelings for Aerith but. its hard to break the bond of a childhood friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom