Sonic the Hedgehog

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That must be why Amy was added into Origins, to introduce her. The code you get by subscribing is modern Amy's dress for classic Amy:
Exclusive to our new newsletter subscribers only, don modern Amy's outfit on classic Amy from Sonic Superstars!

Ghost X

I think the physics appear better than in Sonic 4, but it does seem slow in some sense. It looks like a cutesy kind of game, so I'm not taking it too seriously. I'd love if they kept the old 16 bit aesthetics, but I don't mind if they experiment either, as long as the physics and 2D platformer criteria remain. While watching the video I was thinking what if they made a metroidvania Sonic :monster:.

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
it does seem slow in some sense.

My thoughts exactly. I always remeber sonic being the "super fast" platformer. But there's no way they could have co-op on one screen unless they slow sonic way down.

Looks great, has me interested in the co-op now that my kids are getting older.

But if it's not fast paced is it sonic?

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Only negative thing for me is that Sonic 4-esque meow synth music. But then people are saying the music legitimitely is the same from Sonic 4 E2 and probably just a placeholder. Here's hoping for some Tee Lopes.

Lex

Administrator
OK, ngl I wasn't excited about Sonic Superstars until I saw the above physics videos and had the confirmation it's not going to have Sonic 4 music.

Now I can look forward to it :D

Ghost X

Has anyone played classic Sonic games for the purpose of achieving a high score? I feel like I wasted my childhood, as I can't recall doing that challenge :monster:, yet I just watched a video and the game actually (weirdly obviously enough) seems designed for and to reward the challenge of that high score playing experience. There's various other challenges too, like the no ring challenge, etc. Almost makes me want to play them again just to give those a try... almost :P.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
So for Superstars we have the release date down for October 17th, featuring the return of Metal Knuckles and the first appearance of Proto Rabbit Sonic as a skin:

Frontiers get's it's final update on September 28th, featuring a powered up Super Sonic with blue eyes facing a new opponent:

A long lost Sonic statue was also found and restored after 20+ years

TJ Davis, the vocalist in Sonic R has teased an announcement:

Last edited:
Top Bottom