• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
The way how the logo looks, I'm suddenly reminded of the Sonic Archie Comics and the fanmade web series Super Mario Bros Z(which I didn't like due to it's story) all combined.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Might have been a bit early to ask her, they probably haven't got anything ready yet.

Sonic 1 and 2 Taxman ports are now on 3DS, if you can use them.

It's looking like the whole cast is getting replaced now. Amy's VA replied to Roger's tweet saying she's going as well. Mike Pollock keeps trolling about knowing things and NDAs, so who knows about him. They got rid of him last time, he only ended up coming back because he had to re audition.

Ryan Drummond's agent has contacted Sega about the role:
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/02/ryan-drummond-confirms-sega-reach-out-to-reprise-sonic-role/

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I wish Sega reached out for Jason Griffith to reprise his role as Sonic instead, but if they(or Drummond's agent) wants Ryan Drummond to return as Sonic, then it's their choice.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There's no saying at the moment anyone else is going apart from Roger and Cindy, as far as I know. Colleen only said that she hasn't been contacted about Prime, so there's still a chance she's ok for both Tails and Charmy. Some of them were only refreshed recently;

Knuckles - 2019
Espio - 2016
Omega - 2019
Blaze - 2019 - Shares her VA with Jessie from VIIR
Silver - 2019

I can't see them bothering to hire new ones again after only over a year. You can check their actors on their respective pages on Sonic Retro's wiki if there's anything I've missed out
https://info.sonicretro.org/Miles_"Tails"_Prower

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Yeah I get the feeling this is another Sonic X situation where they're replacing the game cast to line up with the VAs on Sonic Prime.

I guess Mike Pollock is just too iconic to replace at this point.

Disney still asks James Wood to continue voicing Hades in any Disney-related franchises that involves Hercules and not once has that character got a voice replacement as of today. Then again I guess like James Wood, Mike Pollock loves voicing Eggman and accepts the role whenever he gets the chance.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Better Miles is available for SA2 now:

You can't use the character select plus mod with it, you'll have to disable that first. It gives you the option of using Tails in every level though to make up for it. Some warnings though, Tails stages obviously weren't meant for you to get up so high, so there's a lot of non solid platforms to fall through into bottomless pits. There's no death planes since you can't normally get underneath. Hidden Base is a hard one as he can easily fall through the platforms and the quicksand. When flying he does damage and takes it at the same time, be wary of that.

Also has Super Tails in Final Hazard.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Looks like this year's a Sonic game no-show because the announcements are not promising at all. Sega revealed the other day on youtube and possibly on twitter that new Sonic game announcements won't be appearing at next month's SXSW event. I think they're just going to sell out merchandise and little by little info on Sonic Prime TV series and STH2 movie coming out next year, and no games to be released until either next year or 2023.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They aren't showing anything on SXSW because there isn't a gaming event in it this time. They'll probably do an announcement somewhere soon though, as Generations appeared out of the blue in April 2011. If we haven't hear anything by late April then we won't get anything this year.

thelastmagus

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cecil
I'm very selective with Sonic games - I love the first three, I'm ambivalent about CD, and while I grew up with Adventure 1 & 2 there's not much to go back to other than "aww, nostalgia goggles!"

I never got on very well with Sonic Heroes or most of the other 3D games, and although I have Sonic Mania, I've only played the first few levels. ^^;

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
For me, it’s the first three games, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Mania. I don’t count anything that happened in the 20+ years in between. Except Mean Bean Machine, obviously...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Adventure 2 was among the first games I ever played, so I have a lot of nostalgia bias, but I don't think people give it enough credit these days. Sonic and Shadow's levels are a lot of fun still, and I don't hate the mech or treasure hunting stages either (besides mad space.) The ranking system combined with the chao garden adds a massive amount of replay value too.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The camera's the true enemy of Sonic Adventure. :monster:

SA2 was cool and definitely an improvement over SA.

Sonic Heroes was.... No comment.

Everyone knows Shadow the Hedgehog was the peak of 3D Sonic games.

Everyone should play Sonic 2006 and take in that life changing experience. It's exceptional.

Top Bottom