Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well you know, I had a thought. Sony owns the movie rights, but Marvel DID get back the TV rights.

Spider-Man in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' maybe?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well you know, I had a thought. Sony owns the movie rights, but Marvel DID get back the TV rights.

Spider-Man in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' maybe?

Pretty sure the movie rights encompass all live action, actually.
Edit: Doing some research, it seems I am wrong. :monster: But even then, I think they're not gonna use Spidey because AoS does not have the budget to pull him off and because it would just be even more confusing when he exists in the MCU but still doesn't appear in the Avengers movies.

Anyway, Drew Goddard to direct The Sinister Six

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How could they not?

Marvel: "We sure would like to cash in on the people going to see Spidey, and, well, we'd just like to use him once in a while too."

Sony: "We sure would like to cash in on all those people going to see the Avengers movies. It might be a good idea to make them think our Spidey franchise is relevant to that shared world."

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Avengers was like, what? Third highest grossing movie ever?

They are doing fine without Spidey. Having him in the movie would probably just mean having to share the cash with Sony. Why would anyone wanna do that? It doesn't really make sense financially. Spidey isn't gonna make the box office suddenly explode more than it already does with Marvel.
Not to mention Sony might wanna retain some creative control over how Spidey is used in the MCU or whatever and all sorts of issues and if you really think hard about it, a collaboration just isn't worth it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Pretty sure the movie rights encompass all live action, actually.
Edit: Doing some research, it seems I am wrong. :monster: But even then, I think they're not gonna use Spidey because AoS does not have the budget to pull him off and because it would just be even more confusing when he exists in the MCU but still doesn't appear in the Avengers movies.

Anyway, Drew Goddard to direct The Sinister Six

Make him 15 again and perhaps it would be conceivable for him to not be in the movies. Just pass it off as them not wanting a kid getting involved. :monster:

Also, new TV spot that shows tiny tid bits not in the trailers.
Harry is dyeing, too??? :huh:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well no, he was 15 when he started out in the original comic.

Unless you mean everyone thinking Miles is too young to be an Ultimate or whatever? I haven't read as much of Miles as I should so I may be missing something... :(

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well no, he was 15 when he started out in the original comic.

Unless you mean everyone thinking Miles is too young to be an Ultimate or whatever? I haven't read as much of Miles as I should so I may be missing something... :(

The last part. Basically every single time he tries to join up and help out people from SHIELD/Avengers/whatever, they tell him to go home 'cause he's still a kid (until Jessica Drew steps in for him).

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Yeah. They keep spamming Parker, Morales in the MCU doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I hope its a big loophole they can exploit that Parker IS Spiderman for Sony....But Morales is Spidey for MCU. God that would confuse a fuck ton of audiences. XD

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I read the plot and surprise, surprise Gwen dies.

Also fuck you all that get the superheroes movies before us in America. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Dag nabbit Carlie, I didn't suspect that kind of a spoiler from you! The movie isn't even out for you yet. D:

Not that I didn't think it was coming, but I liked being able to hold on to hope that maybe Marc Webb is just a massive troll. lol :awesomonster:

So I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night... I hate the fact that I liked so many parts of it.

I held preconceived notions that this new iteration of Spider-Man sucks the big one. This was so because of very negative reviews I had seen of the first movie and because of my attachment to the Tobey Maguire version. I'm one of those few who really liked Tobey Maguire and I still can't let go off the bitterness from never getting Spider-Man 4.

Still haven't seen The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) so I can't judge that one, but this sequel... It got so many important things right about Spider-Man, particularly in the way he fights and how he interact with the people he saves. There were so many moments where I felt like I was reading the old comic books again. The original Spider-Man trilogy was great in my eyes, but it didn't feel like I was reading the comic right there on the spot while watching those movies.

TAS2 is not without flaws and ends up being an average film. But it's still a whole lot better than I expected. A lot better than I WANT it to be.
That said...Rhino sucks. Big time. Get that thing off my retinas and stop claiming it's Rhino. It isn't.

Ghost X

@Shademp:
Well, if you dislike the Rhino (and rightfully so), it seems like the next movie, will probably have the sinister six in equally as horrid-looking suits.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind

1) Let Sony do all the dirty work and build up Spider-Man's history

1a) Meanwhile, let Disney build up Avengers with the next few movies

2) A few years later, have Sony sell the rights to Marvel, Marvel incorporates all of Sony's Spider-Man movie history

3) Integrate Spider-Man into a fully-established Movie Avengers continuity with a fleshed out backstory, with no need to restart the character for audiences.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just saw it. Might write down some coherent thoughts tomorrow.

tl;dr I was entertained although not blown away.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Loved the Sinister Six build up tying in so strongly to everything about Peter's story.

Damn good build up to Venom.

Electro and his music actually taking place was fucking excellent.

Also, cried during the whole scene with Gwen, because it was absolutely fucking heart-wrenching even though I knew it was coming.

Non-spoiler tl;dr - Totally worth seeing if you love Spider-Man.

X :neo:

Top Bottom