Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Marvel would also benefit because they would get Spider-Man where he belongs.

However if this does come to pass and I ain't holding my breath that it is, they should not replace Garfield. He's done a great job as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
A lot of people agree that it was the writing that was at fault, while Garfield and Stone carried it as best they could.

As long as Marvel is allowed to put their writers on staff we could have a really good Spider-Man setup. I think Sony had the right idea on paper but at the end of the day they were still throwing ideas at the wall and hoping they would hold.

I think Bendis and Yost get Spider-Man and could do great things, Bendis setting up the world and both him and Yost writing the screenplay. Those would be my cards anyway. In any case the movies are in need of the comic writers. Sony keeps falling back to the original Raimi formula and it's becoming too predictable.

I guess the deal would benefit Marvel in that they would already have access to Sony's special effect library, but Disney's budget could probably exceed it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Is anyone really surprised that a Venom movie isn't happening? I know I'm not.

Also, yes, keep Garfield if Spidey comes over to the MCU. But definitely bring Spidey over either way.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Keep Garfield AND Stone. I really don't care which girl they get her to play, the two of them are just great together.

Granted, that would probably just confuse people even if it was a new continuity, so they probably won't keep her. :(

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm still of the opinion that Emma should've been cast as Mary Jane and not Gwen Stacy. I recently read that one of the actresses considered for the role of Gwen was Georgina Haig which she should've gotten IMO.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Great as it would be to still have Emma around, I don't think these movies would have been received as well as they were if her arrival was delayed and the first two films went without the chemistry between her and Garfield. As it stands, who even knows where or if the franchise is going forward in its present state.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Unless Emma was just Mary Jane and they never had Gwen? I thought it was rather refreshing to have Gwen instead of MJ, though. I wish they hadn't killed her off yet.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm curious to see how Semper handles this show. From past interviews, he was really burned by execs on Spider-Man (the censorship, reuse of animation), and he felt he wasn't organized enough in time to counter it.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
And in other news...

10382773_889280641090011_5172204895016848405_n.jpg

Is Marvel gonna finally retcon One More Day? :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
They better, embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover that shit. In last night's Marvel's 75 Years special, they had a section were they talked about the brilliance of Joe Quesada and I just laughed my ass off.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That teaser is one of more than 15 apparently tying into next year's "Secret Wars" event, which promises to have the remaining universes of the multiverse (if you've not been reading "Avengers" and "New Avengers," then shame on ye) collide and battle for their survival. It's probably leading to a reboot of sorts.

Anyway, as of right now, it's not known if the various teasers are different universes that will be drawn into the mix, if one or more of them may be about the 616 universe (the main Marvel universe we know) or what. Hopes are high on my part, though, that they'll retcon the hell out of "One More Day."

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
That picture is too sweet that One More Day must be destroyed retconned out for good . That brilliant dude who thought of it is just a damn fool for thinking of the idea in the first place.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think they must have Aunt May confused with Mayday (Pete and MJ's daughter in an alternate reality).

Though both are unlikely for different reasons. Mayday has no reason to show up since MJ isn't even in the current film continuity so far, but no one on Earth wants an Aunt May movie.

Top Bottom