Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I just heard about that. Let this happen, Sony!

I mean seriously just stick to video games. :/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Same, but it does make me feel better about the possibility of a recast. It looks like Andrew was fed up with Sony's shit and wasn't afraid to show it. I'm sure he knew what he was doing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
giphy.gif

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
It would be fun to have Parker AND miles in one film though it brings Iron Man vibes to have Miles as Parker's besto friendo. I hope he does appear in Civil War, it would be fun.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I kinda like the idea as well, it would diverge from the comics wherein they're in separate universes but in the cinematic world they're best friends and got irradiated separately and a climactic confrontation with the sinister six forces them to team up to stop them. It would be cool.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Although it's funny how we will get yet another reboot basically. :monster:

So I'm guessing Sinister Six is off the table now? :huh:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm kinda thinking that since Miles' catalyzing tragic "Uncle Ben" character is actually Peter Parker, the more comic-centric story route would still work. Backlash of the Civil War events could lead to a "Death of Spider-man" scenario since his enemies know who he is and where to find him, and they hunt him down. That works as the catalyst for Sony officially moving away from the Peter Parker story (which has already had 5 films in two continuities), and transition into Miles' story for the new Spidey films moving forward. Sure it means that you would get and lose ANOTHER new Peter Parker, but *shrugs* I think it'd be more than worth it.

Also, while I'm a little sad for Andrew Garfield, I'm simultaneously really glad that he & Emma Stone don't have a Spider-man film where they're not together in it.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Whatever you do Marvel, please bring back the Danny Elfman theme.

And JK Simmons as JJJ.

(not gonna happen but a man can wish)

Anyway, with Spidey appearing in an MCU movie before his next solo film, that pretty much only leaves Civil War as the only logical choice.
Civil War is really shaping up to be Avengers 2.5 at this rate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom