Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, considering the current Spider-Man (Miles Morales) also isn't white, this would go a long way towards hinting that they might not be planning to use Peter Parker over the long term, wouldn't it?
The Spider-Man of Earth-616 (the mainstream version) is still Peter Parker. Miles Morales is the Spider-Man of Earth-1610 (the "Ultimate Marvel Universe," as it's better known).

At least until May when distinctions like that will no longer matter. Big changes are ahead.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The idea of them casting a non-white actor has been going around since the announcement that Spidey was going to be in the MCU. So have the rumors that Dylan O'Brien has been cast. Alongside that there are also rumors that Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson) is also a front runner to be cast.

Rumors. :awesomonster:

People are still also linking Latino Review, the same site that swore up and down that we were getting an Aunt May movie. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The idea of them casting a non-white actor has been going around since the announcement that Spidey was going to be in the MCU. So have the rumors that Dylan O'Brien has been cast. Alongside that there are also rumors that Logan Keenan (Percy Jackson) is also a fro t runner to be cast.

Rumors. :awesomonster:

People are still also linking Latino Review, the same site that swore up and down that we were getting an Aunt May movie. :monster:

If you read the thing I linked to, they still claim it was totally a thing. :wacky:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I had not read the link yet. Haha I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the idea that this was a thing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

This may turn out to be true:

fCUhOn3.png

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Fan sh00p

IMG_20150313_015219_zpsomnsvjx0.jpg

I have to say the more I think about this I could actually be on board with this casting.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Eh. Marvel/Sony's gonna cast who they're gonna cast. Fan campaigns don't really influence that process.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
We did already know this. Marvel is literally regurgitating the same shit over and over and every time the media goes crazy like this is breaking news.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah most likely. I read that they were sent something like 5 months prior to the theatrical release. If true it was definitely to late at that point.

Top Bottom