Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
No idea who he is tbh. :P

I'll have to trust their decision.

Oh, and they found a director too, eh? Not familiar with Jon Watts either...

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
He's the kid from Arrietty with Saorise Ronan as his co-lead beyond that, dunno who he is.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
He was in The Impossible three years ago and personally thought he was the breakout star. He looks like Peter Parker, seems to do his own stunts according to his Instagram and has that kind of Spiderman sense of humour. It's a shame the way Andrew Garfield was treated, but he's getting too old at 32. It'll be great to see a brand new Spiderman, as Tom's only 19 himself.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Some people are saying the casting was done months ago and this was just a ruse, so who knows? :/

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I hope it's a ruse, Civil War always has spidey in it as a central character man.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
11667505_434286573417976_1702695565596489620_n.jpg

:awesomonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Someone made a Tom Holland Spidey sh00p. If you weren't sure of him before rest easy now. It looks pretty good.

11709606_1158222200861017_7394845110897208235_n.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That awkward moment when Aunt May is the hottest woman in the movie. :monster:

I think it's just a rumor, though. Not yet confirmed.

Per Variety: "Sony and Marvel had no comment on the casting."

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm ok with this.

She's his Aunt not his grandma :monster: Not to mention Peter is gonna be like 15 or 16 in this right? Marisa is 50 IRL so 35 year difference is still pretty decent and we get the upside that Marisa is pretty darn hot :monster:

edit:

Just for laughs I'd be 100% fine with Joe Pesci as Uncle Ben :reptar:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, I will be the first one to say that Peter's parents being spies/S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in the comics was random and lame. However, with the way the Amazing Spider-Man had everything set up from the beginning and tied to his origin, something similar to this could have worked. Similarly, with the way the MCU is being set up, this could potentially work in the MCU as well, I guess. :P

UGH I really wish we could have at least had one more ASM movie to tie up those threads, though. :/

Top Bottom