Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It makes sense as a "coming into the MCU" reference mixed with the name of the start of year high school dance. It's pretty whatever insofar as a name is concerned, imo.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I would've put my money on Spectacular Spider-Man or something like that. :monster:

I dunno, I like the classic "The <Adjective> <CharacterName>" naming scheme :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Heroes are all fine and dandy but how about d'Onofrio's Kingpin showing up eventually? :monster:

I know the movie/tv connection is pretty one-way but here's something that needs to crossover from tv to movies imo

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Some bits from Kevin Feige:

On how Marvel Studios is involved:

&#8220;We&#8217;re working very much [together]. It is a&#8212; I don&#8217;t know exactly what the credits will be, but it is a Sony Pictures production of a Marvel Studios film. The agreement was that it is very much a Sony Pictures movie. Amy Pascal is co-producing it with us and [Sony Chairman] Tom Rothman is leading the charge for Sony and that we are the creative producers. We are the ones hiring the actor, introducing him in this film, and then working right now on the script and soon to be shooting the actual Spidey film.&#8221;

On not making another origin story:

&#8220;We spend a lot of time as we work on these movies saying &#8216;Don&#8217;t take it for granted that the audience saw the other the other movies or that the audience is as versed in the comic books as we are.&#8217; We take great pains to give you everything you need to know within the context of whatever movie you&#8217;re actually watching. However, we did say, if it&#8217;s safe to assume anything, it&#8217;s safe to assume that everybody knows how Spider-Man became Spider-Man and what that backstory was. We&#8217;ve seen it a number of times now, it&#8217;s its own well-known mythology. So we said, let&#8217;s reveal that there&#8217;s been a Spider-Man in the MCU and we meet him, as you see, in [Civil War].&#8221;

&#8220;There are events that made Peter who he was, and we&#8217;ll certainly allude to those events, but we&#8217;re much more focused on his future and how he continues to grow and have a steep learning curve after, certainly, the adventure he had in Civil War on how to be his own hero.&#8221;

http://collider.com/spider-man-reboot-marvel-sony-kevin-feige/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's official:

fyw0dR6.jpg

That logo is retro as fuck.

Not sure whether I like it yet. :P

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The logo for Spider-Man itself is nice

But I still think "Homecoming" is a horrible title. :closedmonster:

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
It's official:

fyw0dR6.jpg

That logo is retro as fuck.

Not sure whether I like it yet. :P

Yeah, it's really 80s; especially with how Homecoming is written. They did say it'll have a Ferris Bueller vibe to it :P Or was it John Hughes.. well, I kinda dig it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
SO YOU GUYS

I NEED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING SPIDER-MAN RELATED

IT'S A CIVIL WAR SPOILER THOUGH be warned

HOMECOMING

Do I finally understand why they chose this title? How many times did we see that word flash across the bottom of the screen during Civil War? Granted it was spoken in Russian, but still. It was one of the code words used to activate Bucky's soldier mode.

"Homecoming," is a Winter Soldier code word. "Homecoming," is the title of the next Spider-Man movie.

Coincidence or nah?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Or Spider-Man: Furnace. Or any of the other words. :monster:

No but it could be a bit of a double entendre (no sex pun tho, sorry). We think of Homecoming the dance, but it could be something Hydra related! :reptar:

much hype

Top Bottom