Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Some info on Spider-Man's role in Civil War.

Spider-Man is in more scenes than expected.

He is going to have a hilariously dorky fight scene. Against who the article doesn't say. But it sounds like it will be pretty epic.

Tom Holland was only on set for a short while because he was only used for scenes where his mask is off. They had actually filmed scenes with Spidey's mask on before Holland was cast using a stunt man. Holland will do voice-overs in a sound studio.

Interesting. [/beardstroke]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Entertainment Weekly is kind of behind on a lot of this kind of stuff, though. They really only cater to the mainstream audience that isn't paying attention.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The only thing Entertainment Weekly is ever up to date with is celeb gossip. You know the important things.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
God, just stab me right in the heart why don't you?

Fuck :sadpanda:

At least he still has Emma. <3

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
That's also one of the biggest reasons why I wanted him to get to continue on into the MCU and give Peter Parker Spidey a big last hurrah.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I mean, I completely understand Marvel wanting to use a different actor but just...

...Andrew was so good and he deserved so much better than what he got. He is such a fab actor and he had so much passion for the role.

Fuck Sony Pictures. I blame them. They don't know what they are doing with their film franchises anymore. Sony Japan needs to step in and slap them silly. Or slap the silly out of them.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Those rumors turned out to be false. It stemmed from the fact that they were both in different parts of the world for a while for their work but they are seemingly still together.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, who thinks they're gonna jump in with a Rated-R Venom film, because of Fox & Deadpool?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So, who thinks they're gonna jump in with a Rated-R Venom film, because of Fox & Deadpool?

ddf2d111fb8321948b49d3341449c1ee-d39go37.jpg

Ghost X

I think Deadpool succeeded not just because of the R-rating (though I recognise a movie succeeding with an R-rating proves something to studio heads).. Even though I am surprised how well Deadpool did, given outside of nerdy circles, he is probably unknown, I think the marketing campaign struck a chord with a population that was hungry for something different. A venom movie is going to have to be particularly impressive to draw in the same amount of crowds. I don't see it happening. I'd be more interested in seeing venom in his recent black ops outing.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I was more leaning towards the fact that they're not shy about an R-Rated Wolverine & Deadpool, Marvel had their Netflix series, and Sony giving us a real Venom without worrying about PG-13 (not to mention caving towards the Deadpool success).

Either big hulking Eddie Brock as a villain/anti-hero, or the no-legs-below-the-knees war veteran Agent Venom are both totally viable options for a story for me.

Top Bottom