Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Spiderman is not a superhero to get so emotionally invested in that it warrants this sort of reaction, tbh. :monster:

As a man who once bought a disc-based collection of 20 years of Amazing Spider-man issues and then read them back to back (skipping the ones from Maximum Carnage cause I had that as a hardback collection already) I can only say

4387654387638576.jpg

Edit: Also I take back the almost kind thing I said about this suit, Ben Reily's outfit looked better than this shit.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I agree, Maximum Carnage was fucking awesome. That book eventually fell apart (twas damaged when I bought it, which = cheap), and I still miss it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Double post cause it just occurred to me how I can really express my opinion on this new suit design. *ahem* Why don't they just make the mask a cowl, with the mouth exposed? That way, it'd be easier for this fake Peter Parker to go suck a dick. Thank you, that is all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Spiderman is not a superhero to get so emotionally invested in that it warrants this sort of reaction, tbh. :monster:

The hordes of people who have continued to read Spiderman comics for the past decade regardless of the ridiculous ups and downs in quality would disagree Adri.

A lot of people are more into Spiderman than I am into Batman.

It's just that finally having a pic that was well lit and not all dark ignited my hatred for this new suit all the more. :no:

Eeeeeeeeeexcept there had already been several images that meet all of those qualifications posted in this thread. Slowpoke.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126327-the-amazing-spider-man-to-be-released-july-3-2012

Official full shot of Spiderman & Release date of July 3, 2012.

The fingertips, and other parts of the gloves being blue strikes me as very odd. I don't know why, but it seems off to me...

X :neo:

This is just a small part of what was wrong with Ben Reily's version of the suit. Its even worse here, it just... its weird cause its such a little thing, but it really bugs me. It shouldn't matter that much if the fingers are not the iconic red with web pattern, especially compared to the idiotic look of the rest of this suit. But it bugs me, a lot.

Web shooters! *is happy* :D

Web-shooters are good. But getting one thing right is not gonna save this design for me.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I agree about the blue bits on the gloves, and the webbing is not..curvy web. more like longitude/latitude on a globe.

This is just a small part of what was wrong with Ben Reily's version of the suit. Its even worse here, it just... its weird cause its such a little thing, but it really bugs me. It shouldn't matter that much if the fingers are not the iconic red with web pattern, especially compared to the idiotic look of the rest of this suit. But it bugs me, a lot.
It draws unneeded attention to his hands.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
But see, there are times when lots of attention is payed to Spidey's hands in all media. When he's going up a wall or across a ceiling? There is gonna be a shot of his hands sticking to it. When he's throwing out a web, be it a strand for swinging or a blob to coat a gun? Gonna be a shot of his hands. But in those cases, the action he is taking draws attention accordingly in and of itself, there is no need for a color change for it. Well that and the fact that he signs "I love you" every time he spins a web. Either way, this suit is awful in all regards. Its like... it reminds me of the suits the fake Batmen wore in The Dark Knight, you can tell what they were trying to do but its clear they are not the real Batman.

New pics.

I think I just realized why I hate his suit so much. He looks naked. Yeah the other costume's were tight but this one... its just disturbing.

spideycover.jpg

spidey11.jpg

spidey1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

spidey5.jpg

spidey10.jpg

spidednk334.png

sallyyfirld54.png

spdeprotosuit4.png

I know he's not meant to be an ugly nerd or anything, but this guy sure doesn't look like a genius in his class type that he should be.

Home made web shooters however are nice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
he doesn't look like Parker.

He looks more like a Doctor Who in training.

Ghost X

His costume looks like he has stitched a bunch of basketballs together. The more I see of this film, the less I like it =p.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
His costume looks like he has stitched a bunch of basketballs together. The more I see of this film, the less I like it =p.

I wanted to say this 10 hours late.

Hey you guys think peter is going to sue harry for 600 million$ in this movie?

Ghost X

You got to be quick. Not sure what you mean about suing harry though.

And yes, I like the web shooter idea as well. Any bet he runs out web fluid or something in the film.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Dude looks too much of a pretty boy to play Parker. Tobey Maguire was perfect at playing the lovable dork. Not sure this guy can pull it off.

Top Bottom