Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Oh god they're not going to do that bullshit where Peter loses his mask all the time again are they?

The costume and Garfield's hair look completely awful, but this film has potential for some great action scenes at least. Oh, and at least he doesn't look quite as fucking stupid and clueless as Tobey did ALL the time.

Also, I will never see what the FUCK people like so much about Emma stone. Her face looks really off to me, but at least her anatomy isn't busted like Dunst's was.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Is it too hard to ask that they actually cast an actress who can A) Act and B) look good. For the part of Mary-Jane?

Wheres the fun? Fight scenes look like they're gonna be sweet, but i really hope the trailers just trying to push the seriousness because of batman coming out this year.

Anyone else notice his webshooters light up when he fires his webs?

p.s. Could someone change the title of this thread to Spider-Man or something? I think we're past the pictures stage.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Is it too hard to ask that they actually cast an actress who can A) Act and B) look good. For the part of Mary-Jane?

She's not Mary-Jane, she's Gwen Stacy.

I, for one, kind of like that they have Gwen Stacy instead of Mary-Jane in this movie.

If it's a trilogy, it could go:

1st movie - Peter and Gwen fall in love
2nd movie - Peter meets Mary-Jane, Gwen dies
3rd movie - Peter falls in love with Mary-Jane

Or something like that.

I also don't understand why you people hate Emma Stone so much. At most I have no opinion on her, really. She doesn't seem like a bad choice, though.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
WHAT!
Gwen Stacy?
Who the fuck is that (Nothing like showing off my lack of spiderman knowledge there tenny :P)

WHAT!
Gwen Stacy?
Who the fuck is that (Nothing like showing off my lack of spiderman knowledge there tenny :P)
Spidey's first love. The Goblin bridge scene from the first movie? Think that but with Gwen instead of MJ. Only instead of saving her, her neck snaps from stopping suddenly.

Gwen_stacy_dies.JPG

Ghost X

Oh, come on. I'd hit Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone. To those with issues, who would you cast? I'm genuinely curious.

As for trailer. Dark and edgy... Just like every other movie of the past 5 odd years. Can't wait for that to stop. Apparently Peter is gonna be more wise-cracking, which will be interesting. My impression of the movie has improved. Will likely watch it :closedmonster:.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Rachel Hurd-Wood
Hayley Williams
Felicia Day
Isla Fisher
Irina A.Hoffman
Emma Stone

Need I go on?
wat is point of this post idgi

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The cons: -Looks like it lacks the engaging comic aesthetic and stylistic flair of the original trilogy.

-The suit is more damn obnoxious on screen than i ever could have imagined, the mirrored lenses in particular I just know are going to get so far up my tits.

The pros: -The Lizard looks kind of good, I guess.

-Andrew Garfield is a much better actor than Tobey Maguire.

Overall it doesn't leave an impression one way or the other. Chances are I'll most likely ignore it until someone bullies me into seeing it.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Look where the cop is aiming and where the bullet hit haha.. my friend point this out, the arm looks like a digital effect.

1328621636015.gif

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
It was in reply to ghosts "who would you cast" comment
but they're all redheads and its already been pointed out that gwen stacy is blonde? (i mean personally id go with emilia clark she does blonde rly well or keira knightly or maybe ellen page?)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Clark is too good for this kind of garbage.

Ghost X

@Sherlock: I think Emma Stone could pass for a lot of female comic characters, but unfortunately when the first movie was produced she was only 13 =P.

@Animexcel: I thought there was something dodgy about that scene, but it all happened so fast. Hopefully they can correct it =p.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
@Sherlock: I think Emma Stone could pass for a lot of female comic characters, but unfortunately when the first movie was produced she was only 13 =P.

lol

Ghost X

Okay, how about young cauciasian female comic characters? or you just hate Emma Stone. Come on, give us your casting choices then.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Depends on who the character is. There certainly is no great quantity that she would be appropriate for.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't even know what that was. :/

I'm glad this movie seems to have Peter be more of a snarky smartass when the suit is on than the previous trilogy. This scene seems like it may actually be kind of funny. :P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, that was actually rather awesome. I might actually go see this in the theater now.

I'm going to have to read up on all that stuff about his parents. I only ever glossed over the finer details, but now I'm getting curious.

Top Bottom