• Due to datamining of the demo files, substantial leaks are now everywhere. As a reminder, some of these are in-development screenshots and may point to events that aren't going to be in the final game. Some of them are clearly going to be in the game. The TLS stance is this: Any thread which will contain discussion on the leaked images/ details must clearly contain [SPOILERS] within the title. Anything within those threads does not need to be spoiler tagged. Any POST anywhere on the board containing spoilers must be spoiler tagged or it will be removed and warned. Please report this where you see it. Let's try to make sure everyone can still freely post until everyone has a chance to play this game please!

Spoiler Free Questions Thread (All Spoilers Must Be Tagged!)

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
It has been quiet now for the last 6 or so hours so unsure if they're taking a break or finally ran out of material to extract from what they obtained.
Oh, for just 6 hours? So they were still going. Damn. I'm just glad that apparently not the whole script leaked.

Trainer Red

... ... ...▼
AKA
Climhazzard
Minor aesthetic thing, but at any point do Cloud's eyes ever do the Mako glow? Like when he's doing limit breaks and stuff, cause I always headcanon'd that his eyes do a subtle glow when he's not doing anything too active, but it glows brighter when he's fighting at stuff.

Lex

Administrator
Weirdly specific maybe but does the demo have a 4K checkerboard output option on Pro systems?
If it does this isn't something it explicitly states in the menu.

Minor aesthetic thing, but at any point do Cloud's eyes ever do the Mako glow? Like when he's doing limit breaks and stuff, cause I always headcanon'd that his eyes do a subtle glow when he's not doing anything too active, but it glows brighter when he's fighting at stuff.
Nothing sticks out beyond what we've seen in trailers. There's very little video stuff in terms of the leaks btw

Hey just a heads up, Lex. Hovering your mouse over the threads shows the contents of the first post, so I accidentally got an eye full of
The top half of Red XIII's head
when I was going over the leak thread.
Sorry for this - it's a feature I completely forgot about, so I've fixed it now. Definitely something to think about moving forward with spoiler threads though, thanks for bringing it up.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream
Lex, dunno if there's anything you can do about this, but text from the spoiler thread shows up in search results. I was just doing search about ff7 stuff in general, not looking for any spoilers, and one of the results on the first page was a post from the big spoiler thread here, and text from it was shown on the search page under the link (I was using DuckDuckGo, btw), so the identity of the final boss and where you fight it got spoiled for me.

Oh, and one question regarding the leaks. There were snippets of scenes, from what I've been told, but were any of the leaked scenes complete (as far as dialogue) or was it all just parts of them?

Jairus

Any possibility of them changing or being adjusted in any way?

Also, is one of the complete scenes
Jessie's death?
When I was on the GameFAQs boards, some guy arguing with me there said a little about it, and I'm hoping it wasn't completely leaked and there's at least some of it we don't know yet. I don't want any details, I just know what he said was supposedly in the last screenshot of the leaks, though I haven't seen it myself if it even exists.

Last edited:
AKA
The Engineer
While a lot of key scenes are complete, a lot are not. It's rather obviously not a final build of the game. So I'd say everything we've seen is potentially in flux.

That said... we know how the plot of FFVII goes. Most of the scenes that are complete are varriations of scenes we already know happened in the OG. So if it happened in the OG, expect it to happen in the Remake in some way.

Jairus

Oh I know the events of the OG still happen one way or another, it was just the particular way this scene was being claimed to play out that I had concerns about, is all, which is why I asked if it was complete in the leaks or not.

Badalight

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Badalight
My question is in regards to the opening trailer where we see Sephiroth and Jenova in the same shot, which shouldn't be possible.

Could someone help explain this to me? Do the leaks provide an answer? Has the game been totally reworked, or are we essentially just seeing an illusion?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
My question is in regards to the opening trailer where we see Sephiroth and Jenova in the same shot, which shouldn't be possible.

Could someone help explain this to me? Do the leaks provide an answer? Has the game been totally reworked, or are we essentially just seeing an illusion?
Light spoiler version:
We don't have complete context for this scene since the demo data doesn't cover the complete game, but what is available heavily implies it's all a hallucination.

Heavy spoiler version:
The bestiary states that the Jenova specimen encountered in Hojo's lab is named Jenova PULSE, and that it is believed to cause hallucinations.

From context and some labels in the datamined text, it's also implied that most, if not all, of the appearances of Sephiroth in the game are hallucinations.

Top Bottom