Spoiler Free Questions Thread (All Spoilers Must Be Tagged!)

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Just wait until you see the scenes after the opening, the anime grunts get even better as you continue. Although, I did notice that it's nowhere near as bad in the Japanese playthroughs I've watched. +1 for the Japanese > English crowd. :P

I've pointed this out before, but it's too good of an example to not use again: our very own FF7R, the latest trailer, at the ~4:25 mark.

When I first saw the intro, I thought that soldier was about to vomit off-screen until I realized that he was getting choked out lol

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, the grunts in the intro are exactly what I was thinking of. Literally every single motion the Avalanche members make is accompanied by a "hmm" or "hrrghh" or "hnnggh."

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hmmm, I guess this is just a YMMV for me then, because I really don’t see much difference between the amount of voiced grunts in animated media between Japanese media and Western media.
The Remake intro in I think is particularly justified, since the characters are doing relatively intense physical activities.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fans: *gripping the monkeypaw tightly in desperate fervor* Please, please give us an FFVII with voice acting superior than any heard in the Compilation.

Monkey Paw: The voice acting will be elevated to levels unseen in FFVII... With so much breathiness to fill a whale's lungs... Your wish has been granted. *The desiccated paw slowly grips itself into a tight, baleful fist*

Fans: ...What?!?! Noooooooo!!!! *breathes in heavily* NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’ve got a question!

I’m starting up a new D&D game set in Midgar, kind of a crime family drama, and I would like to know what areas of Midgar (if any) aren’t being used in the game. My campaign will mostly take place in a single sector and I want to be able to take liberties with the world building without contradicting anything.

So, are there any sectors that seem to have been ignored? And/or which sector has the least amount of mentions in the leaks and info so far? Thanks!

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I couldn't find the thread where I asked about the "sources," so I don't know if it ever got answered. Does anyone know how those will work in the remake?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Re purposing this seeing as the early release is basically the same situation as the leak. So for you lucky few, what do you think of the game? I'm seeing a lot of activity in the final chapter thread. Did they completely butcher things, or is it amazing? Nothing specific, please.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Re purposing this seeing as the early release is basically the same situation as the leak. So for you lucky few, what do you think of the game? I'm seeing a lot of activity in the final chapter thread. Did they completely butcher things, or is it amazing? Nothing specific, please.
Well... its already divisive.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
palpatine-good.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
From experience I tend to side with Makoeyes on a lot of things, so I'm pretty excited. I guess the new question is: is the contentious element only at the end, or are there a lot of divisive things throughout? I know somebody said the new trailer spoiled some end game twist a bit, is it that? Also look at you guys, spoiling it for yourselves before you even play! I kinda envy you...

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
From experience I tend to side with Makoeyes on a lot of things, so I'm pretty excited. I guess the new question is: is the contentious element only at the end, or are there a lot of divisive things throughout? I know somebody said the new trailer spoiled some end game twist a bit, is it that? Also look at you guys, spoiling it for yourselves before you even play! I kinda envy you...
Pretty much the ending. There are small things throughout the game that divide people, but comparing it to the end......oh boy. The trailer spoils it very little. I dont think a person can see that and guess the ending. Well, someone can but....you know what I mean.

Seriously tho....It is a huge deal Odysseus...holy moly....

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Pretty much the ending. There are small things throughout the game that divide people, but comparing it to the end......oh boy. The trailer spoils it very little. I dont think a person can see that and guess the ending. Well, someone can but....you know what I mean.

I cannot fucking wait. I knew Square would do something completely insane that would throw people off, and now you're all getting me so excited! I can't wait to go back and read your reactions in a week. I took the whole week after launch off, so I'm gonna eviscerate this thing once I get my hands on it. Engines ready.

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat

This scares the every loving shit out of me. I just pray it's not what I'm afraid it might be.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I can assure you, everyone who has played the game has enjoyed at least a part of it. Most of them enjoyed atleast 2/3 of the game tbh. Of course, these are just some skewed statistics I came up in a minute, but it's something I'm seeing a lot. Doesnt mean the game will get majorly positive reviews. Quite the contrary,
its the final third that gets to people, and boy does it get. Gets so much, to some people, it throws away that enjoyment of the first two thirds

Top Bottom