Square Enix trademarks Ever Crisis, The First Soldier, and Shinra logo in Japan

waw

Pro Adventurer
I don't really take to theories out there that actual events of FFVII keep being replayed in some manner. When we get to words like "endless," "ever" or Kadaj and Rufus's convo, I don't quite think that's what they mean.

Ever Crisis would make a lot of sense to me as a title for Remake Part 2, especially if starts with the Kalm-telling of Cloud's Nibelheim memory and ends in Nibelheim, possibly with a new Jenova fight at the old Reactor as the party is trying to cross the mountains. This would make the most sense narratively and to use the "crisis" for something.

Ever can mean sort of "at all times" or "at any time" and the list goes on. I think we can think of Ever as in everlasting or everpresent. This crisis is at the heart of FFVII OG, the Compilation, and the narrative of Remake. Especially if there's a time travel component to the new narrative.

This makes far more sense to me than a surprise that they're working on some other medium/game, etc. I do think "The First Soldier" will be a movie or something that'll be an origin story for Sephiroth. That's where i expect to see Genesis get seeded into the Remake mythos if anywhere. Revisiting the Nibelheim incident for the.. uh... 5th? 100th? time in Remake, when they walk through that town once more, would make the most sense to have had Genesis's role revealed and included, knowing he did play a canon role.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Recent news:

- Apparently Kitase is going to give some sort of video message during an FFVII concert in February?
- The media are apparently reporting that Gackt is flying back to Japan at the moment/has just arrived recently.

Put that together with the news about Ever Crisis and The First SOLDIER, and the official SE twitter tweeting about Dirge the other day...

Yay more Genesis
81062885.jpg

We share this mood :monster:

Agreed. People are grasping at too many straws in search for the slightest hint of FFVIIR news. Some think it's significant that the JP Square Enix twitter mentioned the G Reports on the 15th anniversary of Dirge of Cerberus. Meanwhile I think it's only natural that the twitter mentions one of the game's key sidequests on its anniversary, regardless of future plans/events for FFVII. It's not something I can get worked up about.

But it's fun to play around and exaggerate anger at the notion of Genesis returning :awesomonster:

FF7 fans reacting to the return of Genesis:
e89.gif

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I uh... would unironically look forward to Genesis returning.

I like how Remake handled its characters. They even made Biggs lovable. Biggs! No one had strong opinions on Biggs before Remake. I think it'd be neat to see Genesis get that same treatment. Update his design. Give him some good dialogue. I think he's salvageable. Why not at this point!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Depending on how they might write him, I'm not totally opposed to his return. I just can't think of how they could do it in a way that didn't clash horribly with the preexisting plot. Might work better if he joins Zack in the alternate timeline, if that's actually a thing. Crisis Core 2 babyyyyy.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I would love for Genesis to return. Especially with the quality we see in Remake for characters and lore. Gackt is irrelevant to that. If they need him to voice him in Japanese... okay. Fine. It won't really impact what happens with the character or the mythos.

Whatever the case, Nomura had some sort of intention for a final chapter involving Weiss and Genesis. I would like to see that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's not new information. We knew he said that here since it happened. We've literally been wondering what the fuck the "final act" would be since 2007.

I mean, she clearly just discovered it for herself.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hmm. We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cause so far, you'd have been holding your breath for... *checks watch* 15 years. :monster:

waw

Pro Adventurer
That's not new information. We knew he said that here since it happened. We've literally been wondering what the fuck the "final act" would be since 2007.

I mean, she clearly just discovered it for herself.
This is weirdly and unnecessarily pejorative. Whether she just discovered it or not, she's tapping into recent DoC conversation and speculation, which makes sense for someone in her position to do. At the end of the day, I don't care when someone finds out info about FF7, just happy it's out there and shared. I for one hadn't seen the Japanese text/version of this scene, or it's translation and I've read a bunch of this site's stuff. I just haven't gone through DoC in Japanese. It was cool to see.

Regardless, it's hard not to have some expectation that "Ever Crisis" will deal with the compilation due to BC and CC. Genesis would be a natural fit in someway. It's not unfounded speculation.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
There's literally no pejorative there at all. It's a statement of fact. Of course she can just discover it, nowhere did I comment on it being bad. I'm just saying we knew this, which we have here. It's been a hanging plot thread for a decade and a half.

It's even been commented on by the creators too. They've framed the secret movie as a hook into Crisis Core and an intentional juxtaposition which explains Genesis' changed perspective on protecting the planet. And that's the last thing they've said on it. At this point, it's like FFVII's Half-Life 3. I'll believe something more will come of it, when something tangible is shown to hint at it. It's an unfulfilled edging at this point.

I mean.... we were holding our final breath for a Remake for even longer so... five more years isn't that long of a wait comparatively...

I mean, we got the Remake sooner than presumably whatever would happen post DC, lol

The PS3 FFVII Tech Demo came out in 2005. FFVII Remake was announced in 2015. And we got it in 2020.

We haven't even gotten an announcement of anything post DC for FFVII back from 2006. :monster:

I mean, hope springs eternal but it's been forever. I just would sooner think it's something else or a Remaster than a brand new development.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The "final act" reference makes it even weirder that there was seemingly never a planned final compilation entry. Maybe this actually will tie into the remake somehow? I doubt that was the plan all along anyway? It's just a really odd scene.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Final Act is the aneurism you give yourself edging for the expected something else and wondering why it's discount Sephiroth carrying Ultra Instinct Weiss.

Actually, to give this a more serious consideration. I'm calling this now. The Northern Crater isn't just going to be a hole in the ground to the Lifestream.

It's going to be a fucking Singularity under Sephiroth's control. And I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to enslave and throw various other multi-timeline planet protector bosses to thwart Cloud and the other's progression to him.

That might be G's final act. Or at least appearance. Because if the planet can call on the spirit of strong warriors front the future to try and defend itself... There's zero reason Sephiroth cannot once he embeds himself into it's core.

And that's where Zack may cross paths with Cloud and the others. For the final legendary boss rush of the FFVII Series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom