Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
TableFlip.JPG

The way Chewbacca dies (in a comic book, iirc) could possibly be one of the best tear-jerkers in EU material

Watching the characters break down because of that was glorious

Fangu

Great Old One
That interview with Mark Hamill says Lucas won't be directing (which is kinda obvious now anyway). I guess that's something. Lucas is a great inventor but he's a horrible director.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Do you think that by some chance rather than real actors this will be Pixar CGI? Just thought of it recently. Well it wouldn't be so bad to me especially if they want to target kids. This will also avoid a new wave of obsessing/hating over the new actors.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I wouldn't mind if Pixar animated the new films but as far as I know they've only ever done their own original characters.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That interview with Mark Hamill says Lucas won't be directing (which is kinda obvious now anyway). I guess that's something. Lucas is a great inventor but he's a horrible director.

I always kinda thought the consensus was the opposite, but I'm not really in the SW fandom so I could be wrong.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
He's great at world-building, but not so great at directing or screenwriting. The original Star Wars trilogy is a masterpiece of world-building. Even the new trilogy isn't that bad in terms of its world-building; it was just the atrocious scripting and directing that sunk it. If Lucas had written out the plot, but gotten someone else to do the screenplay and direct it, I'm pretty sure it would've been a lot better received, because I'm pretty sure a lot of its flaws were directly due to Lucas's lack of finesse at scripting and directing. (Particularly the poor performances - he managed to get a wooden performance out of Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson, for shit's sake. Even Hayden Christensen, who is usually considered a terrible actor because of the prequel trilogy, has shown he can actually act in other roles he's played).

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
He's great at world-building, but not so great at directing or screenwriting. The original Star Wars trilogy is a masterpiece of world-building. Even the new trilogy isn't that bad in terms of its world-building; it was just the atrocious scripting and directing that sunk it. If Lucas had written out the plot, but gotten someone else to do the screenplay and direct it, I'm pretty sure it would've been a lot better received, because I'm pretty sure a lot of its flaws were directly due to Lucas's lack of finesse at scripting and directing. (Particularly the poor performances - he managed to get a wooden performance out of Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson, for shit's sake. Even Hayden Christensen, who is usually considered a terrible actor because of the prequel trilogy, has shown he can actually act in other roles he's played).

I think Mace did a pretty solid job, though I agree about Anakin. He's angstier than Cloud was in AC/C.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Why do you want Leia to die? :monster:

Actually, Leia would have the upper hand in a fight, due to having a gun, which is not only a real weapon, but a ranged one nonetheless. Not to mention the fact that she's a good shot with one. In order for Tifa to gain the upper hand, she would have to dodge Leia's shots, get in close, and disarm her. And even then, I doubt Tifa would kill Leia. Tifa seems like the kind of person that would only kill someone if she had a really, REALLY good reason to. She would only knock her unconscious, or as Dacon puts it, "rough her up a bit". Though I suppose in a catfight there are no weapons, so Tifa would have the upper hand beacause she knows martial arts, and as far as I know, Leia doesn't.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
about what rory says.
yeah, i agree with you.
during our SW marathon, me and my brother complayed a lot about how much Lucas'd wasted Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee.
they were 'weh' when tey usually are 'oh my motherfucker!'.
sadly i don't know about Hayden Christensen

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
On Jackson's directing skills: I liked the novel of Episode III, the movie, not so much. And the novel does take some artistic liberties in changing media forms.

On the Tifa vs. Leia fight: Does Tifa have materia and if so, which ones? I'm thinking more of stat-building materia, but you guys get the point.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
On Jackson's directing skills: I liked the novel of Episode III, the movie, not so much. And the novel does take some artistic liberties in changing media forms.

On the Tifa vs. Leia fight: Does Tifa have materia and if so, which ones? I'm thinking more of stat-building materia, but you guys get the point.

No, cause there aren't materia in KH.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Tifa'd just cast Shell, and even then she has a few thousand HP due to being lvl 50 or however the fuck much. And if she gets shot and died, there's always Revive/Life. fgj.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Do you think we'll see Boba Fett again in the new trilogy? If I stand corrected, didn't he actually survive the ordeal with the Sarlacc in 'Return of the Jedi'?

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yes, he survived, and I'll eat my hat (it's a pretty hat) if he doesn't show up in a new trilogy. Even Lucas almost put his survival in the Special Edition of RotJ (showing him crawl out of the Sarlaac), but decided against it so as not to slow down the plot after the heroes' triumph over Jabba and his men.

Ghost X

I think they should go all Daniel Craig James Bond with this new trilogy. Gritty action thriller :P.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Actually, Leia would have the upper hand in a fight, due to having a gun, which is not only a real weapon, but a ranged one nonetheless. Not to mention the fact that she's a good shot with one. In order for Tifa to gain the upper hand, she would have to dodge Leia's shots, get in close, and disarm her. And even then, I doubt Tifa would kill Leia. Tifa seems like the kind of person that would only kill someone if she had a really, REALLY good reason to. She would only knock her unconscious, or as Dacon puts it, "rough her up a bit". Though I suppose in a catfight there are no weapons, so Tifa would have the upper hand beacause she knows martial arts, and as far as I know, Leia doesn't.

In the EU Leia trains to be a Jedi like Luke, and thus, gains a lightsaber.

Check, and mate. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Waaaaaaiiiiiiiit Jedi can't get married, though, I thought...

Luke changed the rules. Possibly not for the best, really. Last count, how many EU Jedi have fallen to the Dark Side? Multiple times, in some cases? I think the list of folks who haven't is shorter.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Regarding Jedi getting married and love Jolee Bindo from KoTOR said it best: "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save you, not condemn you." Also Jedi getting married is called "Pulling a Bindo" in his honor. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom