Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So I was watching TFA yesterday and it struck me that Leia and Snoke were never in the same room as one another.

So logically they are the same person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

Sorry, I really do not like being the guy that nitpicks everything, but...

If Starkiller base is such an irrelevant backdrop, why have it in the movie at all? It does nothing with any of those three character arcs that couldn't be done by just a big first order base of some kind, and wouldn't have so many fans nitpicking it to pieces.

Also, I am not fond of billions of offscreen deaths being shrugged off as irrelevant to the overall movie. If you're going to do that, make it matter.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's not irrelevant, it sets up the momentum of the conflict and establishes the setting for the First Order attempting to take over as the new iteration of the Empire. Them destroying the New Republic and killing billions of people is important to the setting, but like many WWII films the conflict is the setting in which the characters developments drive the specific narrative, rather than the conflict itself being the focus of and driving force behind the story's momentum.

That was basically what that meant.

Episode IV is the opposite, with character development being driven almost solely by the presence of the Death Star, whereas Episode VI uses the new Death Star as a backdrop for the conflict and why Lando — a Poe-like secondary character — destroys it, while the main story is Luke not falling to the Emperor and saving his father.

X :neo:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While I'm not a Star Wars fan and I've seen the original trilogy more than I can count(My mother owns the original and possibly the only original copies of VHS left in the world), and I think Nomura is crazy to think that Star Wars should be in KH3(which I think, after noticing Star Ocean for the first time, that Star Was is better off being crossovered with Star Ocean instead), I've recently seen episode 7, and I can't help but feel like that female main protagonist character is connected to Luke.

Or, put it more simply, and while this may not be the case, but I just have a feeling that, in the upcoming Episode 8, that she is apparently Luke's daughter.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
You know, Yoda is not my favorite Jedi, not by a long shot. He let some relatively derpy shit happen while he headed the Jedi council.

I'll wait to see if anyone bites before I elaborate. *sprinkles breadcrumbs* :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm really interested in how his and Luke's interactions have gone for the last 30ish years. I think that Yoda might be able to give Luke a little hope since he's seen a school of Jedi massacred before.

Yoda is FAR from the most helpful/reliable Jedi Master, but I think that he may still have understandings of the Force that make him important, since his long lifespan would've given him the sort of understanding of certain things that Luke or Obi-Wan's ghost won't ever be able to in that respect.

I also hope that they use it as a way to look at the shortcomings of the ONLY Light Side vs. ONLY Dark Side Force use.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
13001272_1568489333480194_4779974643985811376_n.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
He got SERIOUSLY INJURED — even more than we knew before.

tumblr_o5i0fr5usN1qfo4qoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5i0fr5usN1qfo4qoo2_1280.jpg

This combined with the extra about John Williams discussing the musical composition and his use of leitmotifs connecting the various characters together, I have pretty much ZERO doubt that Snoke used to be the being known as Darth Plagueis, and I don't blame Palpatine for believing Plagueis was dead after how mangled, broken, and deformed Snoke still is now.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't doubt your conclusion. But what struck me about seeing the model so starkly there...he looks a lot more like Palpatine than I noticed in the film, haha

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
X, have you actually read Darth Plagueis? If not I'm going to scrounge around and try to get my hands on it because I need all the clues. :reptar:

Also, he looks like before whatever happened he would have resembled the engineers from Prometheus. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
He got SERIOUSLY INJURED — even more than we knew before.

tumblr_o5i0fr5usN1qfo4qoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5i0fr5usN1qfo4qoo2_1280.jpg

This combined with the extra about John Williams discussing the musical composition and his use of leitmotifs connecting the various characters together, I have pretty much ZERO doubt that Snoke used to be the being known as Darth Plagueis, and I don't blame Palpatine for believing Plagueis was dead after how mangled, broken, and deformed Snoke still is now.

Idk man. The resemblance to Leia is pretty uncanny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, Plagueis isn't a novel I've read, and it was one of the last pieces of Legends canon (since it narrowly missed being a part of the new Star Wars canon), but the author's done at least one of the current canon things, so there are likely at least some loose hints in it.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
So I'm sure many of you might have heard by now, but rumors circulate that Jyn Erso (Rogue One) might be Rey's mother. Daisy Ridley clearly denies this, but thoughts?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Personally, I think it's a forced connection from an information-starved internet. Especially since (despite also being Star Wars movies) the anthology films are meant to stand on their own, so I don't think that they've been building a framework for the episodic films that's going to rely on seeing things in them to provide context. I don't think that they'd put something like one of Rey's parents that so heavily relies on that context in an anthology film, let alone as a pre-introduction to a character in the episodic films.

Also, I think it'd be cool if Jyn Erso had a more standalone story and no connection to the Force and its machinations at all. Especially because the likelihood that her and her squad came up against Vader, I think that it'd be exceptionally awkward to then end up with a Force-sensitive child wrapped in that same conflict a generation later.

tl;dr - Rey's parentage should remain something fully self-contained in the Episodic Films, imo.

Also, because I occasionally see people around the internets asking why it matters who Rey's parents are – it's because she bested a Second-Generation Skywalker in raw Force power, and the Skywalker lineage is LITERALLY the lineage of Force-Jesus (Anakin being made manifest by the Force rather than having a biological father and all that).

Top Bottom