AKA
Howl
be240c3d78e203356014dd4fb5712d08.gif

LADY BONER

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I mean, as a character, he's basically just an extremist and not significantly likeable despite being heavily responsible for the preemptive discovery of the Death Star. However, insofar as a significant moment for Star Wars media, he's a big deal coming from the TV series Clone Wars, into the proper films in Rogue One, and back into Rebels. Regardless of how interesting or not his character is, that is HUGE for the potential of seeing things in Star Wars that are pretty much non-existent in other media.

Like, it legitimately opens the door for things like Thrawn or Ahsoka to have a presence in a film, which is unheard of even for things like the MCU because of its one-way relationship with its shows. I think that the importance of Saw far overreaches the interest he has as a character to be sure, but I can't help but be incredibly stoked about him for that reason because of what it means for Star Wars media as a whole getting to utilize ALL of its characters in all its formats.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah I get that but anyway, to address something else:

What the fuck was Forest Whitaker's performance even in both Rogue One and this? :wacky:

In Rogue One he was just fucking weird in not a good way and in Rebels he just sounded like he phoned in his lines. Just poorly acted all around imo.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I don't think that we've seen any real dangers of lightsaber training before. The last stuff I remember is all from the Jedi Academy books as a kid discussing weight of the blades and inadvertent injury from them. Lots of excitement about this.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Jeeze damn, that episode was a lot more heart-wrenching than I'd expected it to be. I knew we'd be getting significant character development for Sabine this season, but DAMN they did a brilliant job of it.

I'm betting the little hiatus is for syncing up some content with the Darth Maul comic down the line, which I am 100% totally ok with.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So remember in Star Wars the Clone Wars the supposed scene that had legends Bane and Revan in it? Well that scene surfaced.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Given what happened in this episode, I've started suspecting that we'd be getting some sort of Mandalorian focus in the near future. Nice of Filoni to confirm it though. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Sabine's art of Zeb & Kallus being buddies makes this even more tense, because you know that the Ghost specifically knows about him and has seen his change from someone wholly despicable into someone disenfranchised with the Empire and working with them.

tumblr_ok9751Kmtc1umngdso1_500.jpg

I'm constantly feeling uneasy about how these episodes have been going, but in a good way because that's clearly their intent.

Additionally, the override code Thrawn uses seems to be "Rukh" which is a great Legends reference & it's nice to see Yularen brought back in.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So actually started watching season three. It's great so far. Will binge it when I get more proper time to do so.

The sith Holocron,the Temple on Malachor, and mention by Kanan of the Jedi Mandalorian wars... Inclusion of Gray/Force Neutral characters like Ahsoka.

All from mostly the end of season 2, but could I be right in saying Revan might make a canon appearance in this series? There have already been several call outs to the Old Republic era, and Darth Bane(from Clone Wars) who in legends took inspiration from Revan to create the rule of two.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I still rather doubt we'll get Revan in any form yet. A reference maybe at some point, though I'd expect that next season if they move to confront the Emperor directly like I suspect they will.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

*Heavy breathing. Hyperventilation. Screaming*

So, something I think would be awesome:
Like with Old Wounds, I'm hoping that Obi-Wan experiences the moment of brief temptation to embrace the Dark Side and kill Maul out of revenge for Satine and everything else he's done, and I think it'd be interesting if Qui Gon is the one who intervenes and sets that all in motion.

I am genuinely curious what happens if he finds out that even though he killed Qui-Gon, he isn't actually dead but instead he's become one with the Force. Does that change Maul's obsession with power to look deeper into the Force for answers to getting what he truly wants? Does that set his motivation in a new direction?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Today io9 has a little piece of an interview with Dave Filoni talking about how Maul was originally gonna kick the bucket at the end of Season 2, but trying to fit that in with everything else got too complicated, but MOST importantly they have a whole interview with him all about Twin Suns that's gonna get put up as soon as the episode airs.

It's only two days away, and I am already just beyond myself with anticipation.

I already know I'm gonna watch this episode about a billion times.

Oh mans. The VAs are also extremely excited to see it.

oeir;ltfgnckjlrzdf

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I love that the ONLY thing that they've shown has been this one scene, and they've just been teasing it out 15 seconds at a time for two weeks. IT'S ALMOST HERE. I CAN HARDLY EVEN HANDLE HOW EXCITED I AM.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Yea this episode was great. Will say expected a bit more action, but considering how old both Maul and Obi-Wan are it makes sense.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It definitely didn't hit the emotional beats I expected it to, and it took a little bit of reflection before I understood why and then REALLY loved it.

Also, they did well keeping Obi-Wan VERY close to how he is in Episode IV and giving a reason for the combat with Vader to feel different than how Star Wars portrayed their capabilities and it worked brilliantly.

Also
He uses the EXACT SAME attack he used to kill Qui-Gon: https://xsoldier.tumblr.com/post/158551242725/is-he-the-chosen-one-he-is-the-chosen-one

So, he's both functioning on old muscle memory, but also I think he kind of knows that that's the one attack that Kenobi remembers more vividly than anything, and there is NO WAY he planned to win, deep down.

Top Bottom