Starcraft II

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
original va > helfer

not disagreeing, just saying helfer does a pretty good job too :monster:

Also looks like all those people who whined about her being turned human got served

looks just as evil as she was

fuck yes she does

poor raynor thinks he got his girl back but nope bitch is still crazy and dead set on revenge

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
poor raynor ;-;

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yay zerg swarm kekeke cinematics :monster:.

Seriously, the cinematics were probably the biggest win of the original Starcraft.

And now I kinda wish I could play the multiplayer without stressing out like fuck :monster:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
< Completely given up on anything other than custom games

Also, I find it hilarious that this trailer around they've just put in obvious smatterings of pre-rendered cinematic in between in-game footage :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah same here, custom games are the win :monster:

In fact, downloading the game again now (yes, I actually bought it) to see if there's anything new.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Or you invest lightly in a new fan or some other better cooling system that runs on lower RPM, etc :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, I'm excited for Thursday. There's a fan-made StarCraft project that's FINALLY being released that I was involved with.

So, back when I was really active on SCLegacy, one of the chaps made a cinematic called StarCraft: First Contact, which you can see here (some more detail on the making of can be found here.).

He started working on another one soon afterwards, and because I'm well acquainted with Glynnis Talken (the original VA for Kerrigan), they asked me if I might be able to get her to provide vocals for Kerrigan, since she'd recently been replaced in SC2. While she couldn't due to possibilities of legal issues, she did get her daughter Brynna to do them for us. You can hear some of her performance in an older teaser for the new cinematic.

The project slowly kept meandering along, with school and updating the renders, etc. Freespace put out another trailer with some of the new scenes.

Finally, he put out a little teaser poster today, and the cinematic's going to be released on Thursday.

iElSo.jpg

It's not just because I was involved with the project that I'm excited to see it finally be completed... I provided voice talen for dying Terran Marines. ^_^ ANYway, I'll post up the full video when it's out, but I wanted to provide a little background first.

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
How could there be legal issues if it's strictly fan made? I mean, you guys ain't profiting from it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Essentially because Blizzard technically owns the rights to the character, her contract would prevent her from doing the voice of Kerrigan for us unless Blizzard specifically gave us the ok to go ahead with it. I'm not 100% on the specifics, but that's the basics of it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Essentially because Blizzard technically owns the rights to the character, her contract would prevent her from doing the voice of Kerrigan for us unless Blizzard specifically gave us the ok to go ahead with it. I'm not 100% on the specifics, but that's the basics of it.

But that doesn't make any sense. She's not profiting from it. It's not different than if she spoke in the voice jokingly with her friends and someone recorded it and put it on youtube :/

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that intentionally providing it for a fan video is slightly different than it being recorded passively, (especially because it's better safe than sorry in this case, especially because it was still rather recent to when she no longer had the role in SC2, it was something that might have been a little controversial if anything happened because of it).

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
If it's the same guy who made first contact, I'm already gushing

Also Glynnis Talken's kid? yaaaaaaaaay

Last edited:

Hisako

AKA
tomatolings

wat

Hisako

AKA
Also did you guys change the battlecruiser model to resemble the ones in Starcraft 2? tbh, I think I actually preferred the older look of the battlecruiser in the first game, but that's just me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, the Battlecruiser was one of the models that he re-did. While I also prefer the old SC1 design, I think it was done to mesh with the newer SC2 media, etc.

Here's the video & the editorial: http://sclegacy.com/editorials/34-general/1095-final-metamorphosis:
(You can watch it on YouTube at 1080p).

For four months, the bloodiest battles of the modern era raged across the heavens and upon the scarred planets of the Koprulu Sector. In October of the year 2500, the Brood War ended abruptly. Kerrigan, the self-styled Queen of Blades, had risen from the ashes of her former Terran form, discarded upon the ruins of Tarsonis, and embraced her birthright as the undisputed ruler of the Zerg Swarm. Freed by the Overmind from the constraints imposed by her neural implant and the morality of her humanity, Kerrigan became so much more. After the Overmind&#8217;s invasion of Aiur and untimely death, Kerrigan at last embodied the will of the Swarm and assumed her place as sole ruler of the infinite host.

After her ascension, Kerrigan directed the full fury of the Swarm upon her enemies. The Zerg relentlessly bore down upon those that sought to hinder the Queen of Blades. Yet defiantly, even casually, she brushed aside the combined might of the determined Terran and the mighty Protoss.

However, the success of her campaign was not without obstacles. While she inevitably rose to power, other ancient, powerful forces were awakening and lessons had yet to be learned.

The following is a brief record of events that occurred, in no particular order, both before and during the events of the Brood War, the story of Kerrigan&#8217;s rise to power.

Hisako

AKA
This is so fucking godlike

only criticism I'd have was that the animation was a tad stiff when it came to the humanoids but everything else is fuckin gushin

but omg that carrier model
korhal snippet was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
That was fucking sweet X, major kudos all around.

Hisako

AKA
Also yay badass game intro

Top Bottom