Starcraft II

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I totally called what happened to Kerrigan, I totally called it :3

Although to be honest I didn't expect it to happen in the first game, although I suppose this just means that the villains in the next two games are even more epic and villainous.

This is a scary thought. It's probably the Xel'Naga or something. Contradictions aside it's the only thing I can think of aside from those ridiculous hybrids.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Arcturus HAS to die at some point in the Starcraft II campaigns. It's only fitting.

Also, I'm excited to see where Kerrigan goes from here and what her changes bring about in the future.

Definitely. I know everyone here is spoiled already but
I'm really curious to know whether Kerrigan's amoral decisions as a Zerg were based on her infestation, or whether she did those things fully of her own accord, and whether being human again can possibly revert her to her previous (comparably innocent) self. (I haven't read much of her backstory tbh).

Also, I hope Arcturus doesn't die, he's such an awesome character. And he has one of the best monologues in gaming history.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'm really curious to know whether Kerrigan's amoral decisions as a Zerg were based on her infestation, or whether she did those things fully of her own accord, and whether being human again can possibly revert her to her previous (comparably innocent) self. (I haven't read much of her backstory tbh).

I'm curious about this too. I always thought that the infestation didn't make her evil so much as take away everything besides her hate/killing/other 'evil' traits. I can't see her magically forgetting everything she's done, so I don't think she'll turn 'innocent' again. And I suspect she will still be extremely sympathetic towards the zerg and still be in control of them (considering the next game is called Heart of the Swarm and all that).

And am I the only person who found it slightly odd that everything except her hair turned back to normal?

Also, in regards to Kerrigan's voice actor - I thought she did a good job (being a BSG fan, I may be biased), but it just wasn't Kerrigan, ya know? Other than that, though, zero complaints about the voice acting.

EDIT: And Arcturus needs to diaf. I'm hoping he's either killed outright by Kerrigan or is abandoned on some zerg infested planet. Angry civilian lynch mob is good too.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well, Kerrigan made a point of saying in several instances in the original game that she'd embraced what she'd become pretty fast, and when she levelled Raynor's base when she came out from the chrysalis and backstabbed everyone during the Brood Wars, well, she wasn't exactly the most innocent of people :monster:

I don't think that Kerrigan will do a complete face-heel turn from the de-infestation, that much should be apparent. Aside from contradicting a lot she's said, even when not controlled by the Overmind, it's a little too cheesy to think that she goes "I'm sorry for everything I've done blah blah blah".

I think this will come back to what Zeratul had mentioned about Kerrigan earlier - Kerrigan will be needed to unify the races against an external 4th party, perhaps the Xel'Naga, returning from some existence from the Void? That could possibly be what the name of the 3rd game is hinting at. Considering the Zerg was the race that originally 'eradicated' the Xel'Naga in the first place, that would be an important factor in such a crisis.

My guess with Arcturus is that Valerian is going to backstab him or something. I wouldn't put it past him to do that. It would be the predictable thing to make him do. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I hope that means you bought it digitally, we don't condone piracy in these parts

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
DERP.jpg

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Well, Kerrigan made a point of saying in several instances in the original game that she'd embraced what she'd become pretty fast, and when she levelled Raynor's base when she came out from the chrysalis and backstabbed everyone during the Brood Wars, well, she wasn't exactly the most innocent of people :monster:

I don't think that Kerrigan will do a complete face-heel turn from the de-infestation, that much should be apparent. Aside from contradicting a lot she's said, even when not controlled by the Overmind, it's a little too cheesy to think that she goes "I'm sorry for everything I've done blah blah blah".

I think this will come back to what Zeratul had mentioned about Kerrigan earlier - Kerrigan will be needed to unify the races against an external 4th party, perhaps the Xel'Naga, returning from some existence from the Void? That could possibly be what the name of the 3rd game is hinting at. Considering the Zerg was the race that originally 'eradicated' the Xel'Naga in the first place, that would be an important factor in such a crisis.

My guess with Arcturus is that Valerian is going to backstab him or something. I wouldn't put it past him to do that. It would be the predictable thing to make him do. :monster:
I dunno although she embraced everything how many times has she let people go when she could have killed them effortlessly?
She practically gave Jim and Zeratul an out in brood war afterall.
I think the most iconic way to kill off arcturus would be by psi emmitter :P
Or using him as a target for when the big guns hit out.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
She let Zeratul live because she wanted him to emotionally suffer for what she made him do, and as for Raynor, well, :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Woo, just finished it :monster:.

I'm pretty sure turning Kerry back was a mistake. Zerg will run amok or be taken over by some cerebrates, Kerry will lose most of her powarz and be a weak little cunt from now on, and everything will die.

Then it'll be 'omg ho noes!' and they'll re-infest Kerry, making her awesome again. Power level over nine thousaaand, zerg rush kekeke, the end.

Cue depressed Raynor bawwing.

Gonna do the other singleplayer and online things now. Cue me bawwing about fail :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I'm pretty sure turning Kerry back was a mistake. Zerg will run amok or be taken over by some cerebrates, Kerry will lose most of her powarz and be a weak little cunt from now on, and everything will die.

Then it'll be 'omg ho noes!' and they'll re-infest Kerry, making her awesome again. Power level over nine thousaaand, zerg rush kekeke, the end.

Cue depressed Raynor bawwing.

Gonna do the other singleplayer and online things now. Cue me bawwing about fail :monster:

I'm pretty sure that Kerrigan murdered all the cerebrates post-BroodWar. She'd always been a rather powerful phychic, and the uninfesto-artifact wouldn't change that, since that was her normally. I've got a suspicion that the new Queens were made with some of Kerrigan's DNA, and will help her regain control over the Swarm. Who knows about Jimmy.

X :neo:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

Tbh, when I was playing the final missions, I was thinking
"I bet Jimmy won't be able to turn Kerrigan human again because she needs to be all super OP and shit to face the Xel'Naga (or whoever the evil 4th party turns out to be)." And then, of course, he DID turn her back, and now I wonder if, like you said, that will turn out to be a mistake.

I think, though, that somehow Kerrigan will still have control over the swarm, even as a human. Provided the de-infestation hasn't affected her psi-powerz, that is.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Kerrigan obviously isn't entirely human, you can tell from her appearance, she looks to be some sort of hybrid now

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I can't really say too much negative stuff against them removing 'inappropriate' maps. I certainly won't miss the penis maps. :monster:

That said, there does have to be some sort of criteria outlined somewhere and some sort of appeals system, maybe?

Top Bottom