Starcraft II

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't know of a good reason tbh. Admittedly the new vactor sounds like an older, maybe more mature version of Kerrigan's old voice, but I'm too used to the original that I find the new v. actor pretty jarring.

Also I wonder if that short bit of Jim Raynor not-quite making out with some chick was a flashback with Kerrigan. HAW YEAH

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Have you heard of any (good) reason for that change? Her old VA practically defined the part.

If anyone should have heard, it would be me, and I haven't. I've been in communication with Glynnis ever since StarCraft II was announced, and I still can't really believe they ditched her. (She's also a fantastically sweet person). They replaced her with Tricia Helfer, only reason that I could see would be nerd popularity, but I still prefer Glynnis' take on Kerrigan. You can hear her in this video (below), and I'd love someone to splice it into the new trailer. Note that this video was done so long ago that Blizz was still saying "No." to re-hiring Raynor's original VA (so HE sounds weird in the clip), but DID have the original Kerrigan. Then Blizz just decided to go fuckin mad, and re-hired Robert Clotworthy as Raynor, and un-hired Glynnis. I wrote a whole article about it just before they changed it up if you're interested.

I don't know of a good reason tbh. Admittedly the new vactor sounds like an older, maybe more mature version of Kerrigan's old voice, but I'm too used to the original that I find the new v. actor pretty jarring.

Also I wonder if that short bit of Jim Raynor not-quite making out with some chick was a flashback with Kerrigan. HAW YEAH

I believe that's Dr. Hansen, a new character in the game, who's got a thing for Jimmy.

X :neo:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Damn, she sounded perfect too. That really sucks.

Also, when did Raynor turn into such a ladies man? LOL

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also, when did Raynor turn into such a ladies man? LOL

Dude are you serious

Out of the whole Starcraft universe he seems to be the only approachable nice bloke who's also a main character. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Does anyone have video editing software that they can use to replace Tricia's take from the official cinematic, with Glynnis' take from the animatic video I posted earlier? I really want to see this cinematic, but hear the voices that I remember.

The cinematic's called "The Betrayal" and if you wander Youtube by upload date, you're bound to find it, if you can't find a better place to rip it from, (gametrailers has a better quality version of the animatic as well). I'd appreciate it, and give you 10,000 internets.

ALSO

While not anything official from Blizzard, some of my buddies over at SCLegacy made a cinematic a while back called "StarCraft: First Contact"

In light of how well received the project was, they started on another one, called "StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis." With the fact that I know Glynnis fairly well, we actually got her daughter Brynna to voice act the part of Kerrigan (coached by her mom). They put out the teaser for it today, and it's embedded below and should make everyone who misses Kerrigan's old voice a little less sad.

I'll be doing some death screams in the final version.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I've done 8 missions of the single player campaign, and I gotta say so far I have no complaints. First impression of graphics, sound, and general gameplay is awesome, and I love the little random details (the 16bit arcade game in the cantina, the 'iPod' commercials marine-style on the TV, the newscasts, the random back story you can get by talking to other characters). I've seen a couple of bad shadows in the cutscenes, but that might just be my computer failing, and if that's the only thing I can complain about then :monster: .

And it might just be me, but Normal difficulty seems quite a bit easier in this game than it was in the original. Though I may change my tune as I get towards the harder final missions.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Fuck, I really want to see the story in this game but I have NO way of playing it.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
FUCKING YASSSSS
Love this game soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

And it might just be me, but Normal difficulty seems quite a bit easier in this game than it was in the original. Though I may change my tune as I get towards the harder final missions.
No, normal difficulty is pretty damn easy. The holdout mission at the very begining? the "huge swarm" is like.. 10 zerglings and 2 hydralisks at each point

but I've barely played, so we'll see

AKA
I was expecting alot more from the hold out mission.
I ended up searching the entire map and taking out every hatchery on the map :/

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
No, normal difficulty is pretty damn easy. The holdout mission at the very begining? the "huge swarm" is like.. 10 zerglings and 2 hydralisks at each point

I know right. I was expecting something similar to that holdout mission in the first game, where in the last 60 seconds you get swarmed by dozens upon dozens of zergs and hydralisks.

AKA
I found it hilarious that when it goes to the cutscene of you being picked up and the invading zerg, my defences were still able to take out any invading zergs lol.
I think i may finish it on normal then go back and do it all on hard just to see the difference.
Then again i suppose everything is crap compared to the online difficulty.
Although battlenet does look nice and shiny now.

Btw i much prefer the original VA for kerrigan, i don't see why they needed to redo her.
Her voice was perfect for her role and if you do what i did and re-play the entire series and brood war then go to the new game it's just a bit shitty not hearing kerrigan and her sexy voice lol.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
First Contact was a fan video that was most awesome of awesomes. Did I ever mention how much I preferred the appearance of the original marines and their gauss rifles? :monster:

My copy of Starcraft II ships out... yesterday, apparently. I don't expect to get it anytime soon, though ;-;

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
So has anyone got through the campaign yet? I'm curious as to who people chose to 'trust', and what they thought of the ending.

it doesnt change the story at all who you "trust", just that mission.

The ending was alright, very little was concluded tho. They settled one thing, and even from that there's alot of questions. horay for them deciding to split it into 3 games >_>

AKA
I actually loved the zeratul cinematics, it was just really good seeing him fight as a slow and calculated fighter as opposed to just some hack and slash ingrate that seemed to be implied.
Although the variations in kerrigans voice are beginning to piss me off.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
The only thing I noticed that the trusting changes is that you don't get all of Tosh's dialogue later (you can talk to him in the cantina after each of the Crystal missions), but that might be a moot point depending on what order you do the missions in. I do like how they allow you to go back and play the alternate missions after you beat the campaign, though.

I agree, ending was cool but there's so much left to explain. I was especially hoping Duran would pop up at some point, but alas. Maybe he'll show up in one of the next 2 games.

I'll also add that I think
Valerian
is an untrustworthy little shit.
'I'm going to side with a terrorist who hates everything I stand for just to stick it to my old man'
is weak motivation imo.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The only thing I noticed that the trusting changes is that you don't get all of Tosh's dialogue later (you can talk to him in the cantina after each of the Crystal missions), but that might be a moot point depending on what order you do the missions in. I do like how they allow you to go back and play the alternate missions after you beat the campaign, though.

I agree, ending was cool but there's so much left to explain. I was especially hoping Duran would pop up at some point, but alas. Maybe he'll show up in one of the next 2 games.

I'll also add that I think
Valerian
is an untrustworthy little shit.
'I'm going to side with a terrorist who hates everything I stand for just to stick it to my old man'
is weak motivation imo.

About him...

Read "I, Mengsk" or the Dark Templar Saga. Valerian's grandfather (on his mother's side) is one of the Umojans, so he's in a position to very powerfully align the Terrans, and he's got a LOT of reasons to dislike his dad, and is constantly working behind his back.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Ah, k, might have to check that out then. Important backstory ftw.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The whole Mengsk family tree is some sociopolitically retarded bush of divided individuals whose only thing they have in common is a not-unfounded hate for each other. :monster:

What's the chance that we see Arcturus dead by the end of this trilogy? Or even the end of Heart of the Swarm? Anyone wanna place bets? :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Arcturus HAS to die at some point in the Starcraft II campaigns. It's only fitting.

Also, I'm excited to see where Kerrigan goes from here and what her changes bring about in the future.

Top Bottom