Starcraft II

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It was only a cameo, really, and considering that by lore she's pretty much as powerful as Kerrigan was back when she was a ghost as well, I'd say she deserves more coverage than just development hell and a couple comics. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I meant in terms of plot influence. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It was never officially cancelled, so we might still get it. I heard the MP beta was awesome.

I'm still hoping for a Gears of Starcraft featuring Jim Raynor and his Raiders. That would be sooooooooooo awesome.

^. A Starcraft FPS, preferrably the action kind, would be awesome. Especially in a power suit.

Especially if you can also play as Zerg and/or Protoss.

Screw subtlety and cloaking and shit, I've yet to be attacked by Ghosts. Although I used them once to finish up... with nukes :monster:. After destroying the guy's photon cannons, of course.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
^. A Starcraft FPS, preferrably the action kind, would be awesome. Especially in a power suit.

Especially if you can also play as Zerg and/or Protoss.

This makes me imagine gameplay similar to Aliens vs Predators. Being able to play as a marine/zealot/zergling would make for some pretty awesome different types of gameplay in an FPS, and the co-op would be fantastic.

...Now Blizzard just needs to understand the potential there.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Funny how if some party makes a number of games in a certain franchise, they're milking it, but if Blizzard does it the fans beg for it, :monster:.

Also, today is a good day. Won two out of two matches with simple MM(M) and better economy. Skillz + build order.

Also, I'm getting old - I make myself take breaks because it's too exciting :monster:. Only online games I'm used to are MMO's and FPS games. The former I didn't find that exciting, the latter are exciting, but only for short durations of time - plus I don't mind 'losing' as much there, as there's a dozen other people 'losing'. And it's short 'rounds'. ish.

/old

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Funny how if some party makes a number of games in a certain franchise, they're milking it, but if Blizzard does it the fans beg for it, :monster:.

I hardly call 2 games in the space of 11 years "milking it". :monster: Warcraft has been milked. Diablo is arguably going in that direction. Starcraft has been sitting on the same game for an absurdly long amount of time.

I would play a Starcraft TPS with marine armour instead of Gears getup, gauss rifles instead of Lancers, and Zerglings instead of Wretches. Except instead of hordes of 10 easily melee-able at a time, there are a 100 of them all of which are capable of killing by themselves let alone Lazy Attack Move swarming :awesome:

tbh I would find a third-person shooter more favorable to something like Starcraft rather than a first-person shooter, simply because a combat system that would involve heavy usage of melee, clunky, comparatively slow units and a great deal of acrobatics and tricky moving around blends in best with a greater spatial awareness in the camera that represents true peripheral vision closer than that of a first-person view, which is more akin to looking through a pair of binoculars. :monster:

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I hardly call 2 games in the space of 11 years "milking it". :monster: Warcraft has been milked. Diablo is arguably going in that direction. Starcraft has been sitting on the same game for an absurdly long amount of time.

^ This. I wouldn't call 2 games milking it even if they were made within a year of each other, let alone 12.

Suppose you could argue that Brood War counts as well, but still.

You may get your taste of TPS sooner than you think. And for free, too. :awesome:

I'd be fine with a TPS or a FPS. I always find FPSs more terrifying, but I can see what you mean about the combat system.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The mods are fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I just wish the fresh and great ideas that jump to unexplored territory would come from Blizzard more often.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Ohplx :monster:. Warcraft is just one (1) game ahead in the RTS genre, and has one (1) spinoff in the form of an MMO. A spinoff of Starcraft and it's almost at the same level. And Diablo's on the same level, just two games, the second being the only one really popular, and that one's older than Starcraft (I believe).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
^ This. I wouldn't call 2 games milking it even if they were made within a year of each other, let alone 12.

Suppose you could argue that Brood War counts as well, but still.

You may get your taste of TPS sooner than you think. And for free, too. :awesome:

I'd be fine with a TPS or a FPS. I always find FPSs more terrifying, but I can see what you mean about the combat system.

Except that mod sucks and is in the very early stages :monster:

that's why I didn't post it

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I see the potential that this new Map Editor has, it's 9001x more epic. Given enough time there'll be mods coming out with ridiculously high qualities as total conversions.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Ohplx :monster:. Warcraft is just one (1) game ahead in the RTS genre, and has one (1) spinoff in the form of an MMO. A spinoff of Starcraft and it's almost at the same level. And Diablo's on the same level, just two games, the second being the only one really popular, and that one's older than Starcraft (I believe).

Warcraft currently has 8 games out with an 9th on the way - that's including expansions. They're milking it, especially WoW.

Except that mod sucks and is in the very early stages :monster:

that's why I didn't post it
I see the potential that this new Map Editor has, it's 9001x more epic. Given enough time there'll be mods coming out with ridiculously high qualities as total conversions.

^ This. Give the modders some time and I think you'll find that they can make some pretty good stuff. No need to hate on a mod that has yet to be released and is showing potential.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
^ This. Give the modders some time and I think you'll find that they can make some pretty good stuff. No need to hate on a mod that has yet to be released and is showing potential.

Why not, when there's already better stuffs?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I played one (1) placement match and won it.

Am I odd for not really feeling like doing the other ones and go for the ranking lists? Instead, I spent my time today playing DotA, which is actually quite fun to do.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
You should play League of Legends with me, it's like DotA except miles better :monster:

Except for the stupid launcher software which sucks balls like a crack whore on meth :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Finally finished my placement matches (I have real online game anxiety, I guess :monster: ). I was placed in Silver league with 3 wins / 2 losses in the placements (although 1 win and 1 loss was due to connection fail).

I totally fucked with my opponent last match, :monster:. He had me beat pretty much, but being half-drunk and stuff, I just kept on spamming expansion bases, moving an existing base over to another location, until I probably had a base at pretty much every location, :monster:. Of course, such bases were demolished soon enough by his superior forces, but at least I postponed my own demise for a bit.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
This game is not good for my nerves, :monster:. This either means it's a very exciting game, or I'm getting old. Silver league, ranked 50something in my division, but that's probably because the other 50 hardly play (as it took me only a few wins to get there, I think).

I was pwn3d by mass void rays just now btw.

Vendel

Banned
SC2lol.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It's funny because it's true

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Bump for official Blizzard release of cheat codes

Caution: Before using cheat codes it’s important to understand that using them will prevent additional achievement gains you might have earned through normal play until either a new campaign is started or a prior save is loaded (one from before the use of the first cheat).

Cheat Code

Description

WhatIsBestInLife
Instant Victory

LetsJustBugOutAndCallItEven
Instant Defeat

TookTheRedPill
Disables Fog of War

Bunker55AliveInside
Disables the need for Supplies (Food)

TerribleTerribleDamage
Enables God Mode

SpectralTiger
Adds 5000 Minerals to the Available Resources

RealMenDrillDeep
Adds 5000 Gas to the Available Resources

WhoRunBartertown
Adds 5000 of each Resource to the Available Resources

SoSayWeAll
Allows the use of all Tech

IAmIronMan
Instantly Allows all Upgrades

CatFoodForPrawnGuns
Enables Fast Builds and Fast Upgrades

HanShotFirst
Disables Cooldowns on Spells

TyuHasLeftTheGame
Disables Victory Conditions to Allow Continued Play

NeverGiveUpNeverSurrender
Enables Continued Play After a Defeat

ImADoctorNotARoachJim
Enables Fast Unit Healing

MoreDotsMoreDots
All Units and Buildings are Free to Build (No Cost)

Story Mode Cheat Codes

Description

WhySoSerious
Adds 5 Million Credits

LeaveYourSleep
Opens all Missions (Ability to Jump to Missions)

EyeOfSauron
Allows Access to all Cinematics

StayClassyMarSara
Allows Access to all UNN TV News Broadcasts

HoradricCube
Opens all Research Options

Custom Maps

Description

Jaynestown
Adds 5000 Terrazine to the Available Resources

Easter Egg Cheat Codes*

Description

OverEngineeredCodPiece
Plays the Song Terran Up the Night

*Unlike other cheat codes, using the Easter Egg Cheat Code, “OverEngineeredCodPiece” will not prevent achievement earning.

I love all the references.

Top Bottom