Suicide Squad (film)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
...that Jared Leto's Joker might be Jason Todd.

The main theory behind this is detailed in text-only in the Reddit thread that apparently spawned it, and most of that is pretty well summed up in this article from Dorkly which also has images in it, but this is the latest image that's been adding fuel to that fire -- Joker has two scars on his shoulders that match the locations of bullet holes in Robin's costume from the graffiti'd Robin suit in the Dawn of Justice trailer.

joker_--_.jpeg

The parts that I think are most interesting are that it could give a good explanation for are these:

• Jared Leto's Joker being as physically muscular as he is, since he used to be Robin.
• His teeth being fake, because they were replaced after he got his face smashed in with a crowbar.
• The "J" tattoo is coincidentally very similar to the "J" brand that we see Jason Todd get in flashbacks in the game Arkham Knight.
• The "damaged" tattoo would make more sense in this context, not to mention all the other over-the-top tattoos would be part of mental conditioning to push him every time he looked at himself.
• If he's actually torturing Harley in the trailer, it'd mean that he's putting her through the exact same type of conditioning that made him, thus the same tattoos, bleached skin, etc. etc. since her obsession is with the Joker and being like him.

While it might seem far fetched, this precedent has kinda been explored in a way that's not wholly dissimilar from what happened with Tim Drake in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. The, "How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?" seems like it is another really good reason for Batman saying that. Although this also covers individuals like Harvey Dent, etc. if the Nolan-verse stuff isn't being directly referenced, this would be a prime example to hold up -- not to mention that it would make a REALLY solid connection between Batman (a big player in Dawn of Justice) and Joker (a big player in Suicide Squad) that they could leverage to help pull their universe together.

Overall, I think it's got some interesting potential if it's true, especially since the DCCU films are supposedly gonna center more on the Bat Family, and I think that both of those things would help to distance themselves solidly from the Nolan-verse Bat films. It'd also make for the Joker to be an incredibly personal and specific threat to the DCCU Batman since they're planning on building off of that.

I'll be happy whether or not it turns out to be true, but I think it's SUPER interesting food for thought.

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That is intriguing and could potentially be good if done right. I do hope that if this is true they don't wait an insane amount of time to do the reveal like
Rocksteady did with Jason being the AK.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
100% agreed on that. I hope if it is true (especially if said theory gains more traction) that they don't drag it out.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
The more I think about that possibility, the more I find it really appealing. I'm with you guys though, they shouldn't drag it out and then try to pass it off as a surprise, especially if the internet has figured it out already.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
it lets the Joker come back in a way that makes him different enough that direct comparisons to Heath Ledger's version of the character from The Dark Knight aren't the thing that it's judged by solely because the natures of the characters themselves are so different.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It's fucking terrible, if I made that in my graphics design course I would get an F on it. The colors and brightness are wrong. Your subject and your background should not be fighting for focus in your image. Somebody actually got paid for doing that shit.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's fucking terrible, if I made that in my graphics design course I would get an F on it. The colors and brightness are wrong. Your subject and your background should not be fighting for focus in your image. Somebody actually got paid for doing that shit.

The part I can't wrap my head around is how people still get paid to do such shitty work, when such a vast number of people actually KNOW graphic design.

Also- who the fuck ads "psycho" "killer" in a generic ass font like that in bold white?! It literally adds NOTHING, but you can tell this asshole spent time on it because they're ever-so-slightly tilted to match the slant of the magazine title. Even the fucking "collector's cover" text at the bottom is slanted. The whole thing feels like some exec walked into the person's office after spending like 2 minutes putting in placeholders, fired them, and said - but whatever they'd finished so far, print that.

It feels like the Robin theory is holding strong with the cane and overall stature.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Same with people who do photoshops for movie posters. Sometimes I look at them and wonder if they've pitched a thrown together mockup, then gone to make it properly. Then the studio just goes "meh, that'll do". Look up the posters for "the accidental husband".

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Same with people who do photoshops for movie posters. Sometimes I look at them and wonder if they've pitched a thrown together mockup, then gone to make it properly. Then the studio just goes "meh, that'll do". Look up the posters for "the accidental husband".

Look up the posters for the recent Marvel movies and the announced Star Wars one, :awesome:. They're kinda crappy / uninspired collages of characters.

I'm not gonna say older movie posters were better though, I'm not a snob in that area, :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The photography certainly isn't a graphics design Nightmare to be sure. I'm still holding out on their version of Harley until I see the film though, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It still makes the movie look rather naff tbf, like some poppy punk rock band's movie clip, :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
1493885975219619471.jpg

Also, this one quote about Harley gives me some hope for the film:

It’s about her breaking free of The Joker and becoming this fully actualized, independent person. That really is a metaphor for everyone’s journey here.

Ghost X

I think it'll be about a 3.5/5 star film at most. Seems like a far lower cost production than the stuff Marvel does. The trailer is interesting, but I'm not jumping out of my seat with excitement.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Looks alright, nothing really bad in the trailer, but I'm not really feeling it. Joker looks better than I thought he would, but I'm not sure I like what they're doing with Harley. Its just a trailer so I can't judge, she'll probably be fine.

I did like the use of Bohemian Rhapsody for the trailer music though.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Theory taimu.

zgCCRHx.jpg

Here in exhibit A we see what could possibly be a flashback to the Joker when he was completely sane weapons collector taking photos with his collection in a standard Buddhist mandala of peace.

Seriously though. Worth noting is that there do not seem to be tattoos on him here, admittedly he is mostly covered up but the damaged tattoo on his forehead is definitely not there.

So what if it's not a flashback and a shot later in the movie? I'm thinking the dip he takes in the vat of acid in the trailer removed the tattoos :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom