TES V: Skyrim

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Apparently there's a ton of Tamriel modeled in the game as well, and not JUST Skyrim.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Skyrim-landmass.jpg

Very fucking cool, to bad im playing on a console version :<
Maybe bethesda was thinking making TES:Skyrim a game that unlocks content via dlc content packs for NPC's , to minimize the amount of stuff to download. Instead of downloading half a planet in one pack, you just download the npc's necessary to make that place fun :)
X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wouldn't really call that being modeled.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ugh everywhere I go people I know are gushing about this game. I'm beginning to feel the need to go out and get it. But I already have so many games to play

Why is it all in there? Your guess is as good as ours.

So people can make YouTube vids and gush about how they found an "awesome" Easter Egg? :P

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Ugh everywhere I go people I know are gushing about this game. I'm beginning to feel the need to go out and get it. But I already have so many games to play

Elder Scrolls games are like good wine, not to be swallowed in one gulp, but to be savoured in small sips.

The best thing about them is that, no matter how much time passes, they are still enjoyable I still play Morrowind from time to time

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Now I'm convinced - the next TES game will have more than one province available to the player, :monster:. They modeled the outline of the entire world for Skyrim so they can go forth and model the other provinces on top of this map one at a time. Alternatively, they've prepared this as a gift for, for example, the people behind the Rebuild Tamriel project that have been trying to build the entire Tamriel world for years now. It does seem a bit scaled though - as the article indicates.

The gate to Morrowind is an indication that they might even open up (part of?) Morrowind as part of a DLC / expansion.

Vendel

Banned
Note to self: Trying to kill a Dragon in the middle of the night, while a unique experience, is a bad idea.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm upset that with all these days off I'll not be able to play Skyrim as I'll be at home without my desktop :( I've barely gotten to play it since work got crazy as soon as I got it :'(

Vendel

Banned
Addendum to my last post. Fighting a dragon in the middle of the night in a very narrow canyon is a really bad idea. If it wasn't for that super-horse a random hunter was riding I don't think I would have made it.

That horse was like a boss against that Dragon.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fighting a dragon as a
werewolf
isn't very productive either, I realized yesterday :(. Still, I did beat a blood dragon eventually :monster:.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hypothesis: They recreated those extra landmasses from previous Elder Scrolls games in case they made DLC that expanded the playable area, :monster:

ed: owait they already said that in the blog derp

Or maybe they initially made that world map long before they decided on exactly what the playable area would be

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm pretty sure they're using those rough outlines to render the world map, then decided to add a shitton of clouds over it so you can't actually see any of it :monster:. I mean, without the clouds and some clever camera manipulation, I'm pretty sure you could see quite a ways.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Since my little brother is a champ, he's sending me a copy of this, since I'm mega broke. I should have it in a week or two. :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You're still screwed if it's the PC version and already activated in his Steam account, unless he shares it :monster:.

Also, get a job.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
My other guess is that perhaps this is one of the earliest renders they've had of all those landmasses together, and it was hanging around in one of Bethesda's computers so they decided to adapt it for Skyrim :monster:

That might explain the discrepancies with the Tower and all that

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Eh, I dunno, it probably would've been used in Oblivion then. It's relatively cheap to generate such terrains with tools like TerraGen, so it was probably a 'why not' kinda thing.

They'd probably have problems with scale if they're going to use it in future games or expansions; I'd like to see a size comparison between the different games / landmasses.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
You're still screwed if it's the PC version and already activated in his Steam account, unless he shares it :monster:.

Also, get a job.

PS3.

Also, I work full time, but life is expensive (and I spend my money recklessly). :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I saw Skyrim at a Red Box kiosk.

Tempted to rent for a night just to see what it's like...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I saw Skyrim at a Red Box kiosk.

Tempted to rent for a night just to see what it's like...

I initially red box'd it for like 10 days lol.
Its pretty hard to take this game back, i ended up buying it then taking it back, so technically ive paid 80$ for skyrim .___.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Even piracy's a better alternative than that. I just pre-ordered it for like &#8364;35, which seems to be the going rate for PC games these days - lower prices to help fight piracy. It (and having a job and money to spare) seems to work for me :monster:.

Also, someone called me an N'wah. My balls feel crushed.

Edit: I'm in Windhelm right now, and am I the only one that thinks it's odd to build a hugely fortified city wall for a city only a few dozen meters across with just two or three dozen inhabitants? :awesome: same goes for the other 'cities', really. But eh, the other TES games are scarcely populated and incorrectly scaled as well, so whatever.

I'd like to see a mod done - or a next TES game - where they try and build a real city though - thousands of inhabitants, living spaces for all those people, natural habits like going to work and whatnot, etc. It'd become very repetitive I'm sure, but still. And then unleash a hundred dragons on them, of course, :monster:. And include a physics engine that allows shit to burn and be destroyed, :monster:. And a siege, pillage and rape mod, where the entire population of a city gets murdered, raped and enslaved! Woo! :monster:

Top Bottom