TES V: Skyrim

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I haven't played any of the DLC due to my original smart move to buy Skyrim for my PS3. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I have, it gives you quite a few hours of gameplay and a lot of new missions, but that's about it. There were parts of it that frustrated me to no end. It's quite nifty that you can ride dragons from it, though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I really liked Dragonborn. It's got great atmosphere and the location feels very different from Skyrim. You'll especially appreciate if you were a fan of Morrowind. Same architecture, even some of the music from Morrowind's soundtrack plays.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Playing Dragonborn, I just got attacked by feral Ewoks O_o

I also met cthulhu...
Skyrim-Dragonborn-BT.jpg

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
A buddy sent me this link via skype, im still really sick and am only about 2 paragraphs in so my powers of deduction are off. I cant tell if its legit or just satire but its fuckin hillarious

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/64608044.html

An excerpt.

In the land of Skyrim, the player starts off as a captured terrorist, who has been caught plotting to destroy the golden empire by using dragons. Before the player gets to take control of his avatar, they are asked to create a character, which is purely the liberal’s way of teaching out kids that modifying and gender changing one’s self is fun and normal.

Anywho being the stubborn guy I am instead of resting Ive just been installing Skyrim mods and playing the heck out of them and just have to share this one.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37994/?

Its amazing. Its an entire new land mass thats bigger then Solsthiem (dragonborns map) and has like 20 hours worth of quest lines. On top of all of that it was made by a 19 year old kid alone!

After im done with Falskaar im going to give this elsweyr mod a try it seems pretty great too.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782/?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@gabriel:

The misinformation in that "summary" of Skyrim is hilarious. I'd like to see what they'd think of DnD... or really any other game that lets you make your own character.

Modding is the community aspect of TES. Which is such a nice change from the community aspect of MMORPGs...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
@gabriel:

The misinformation in that "summary" of Skyrim is hilarious. I'd like to see what they'd think of DnD... or really any other game that lets you make your own character.

Modding is the community aspect of TES. Which is such a nice change from the community aspect of MMORPGs...

Yeah satire sites are great

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I for one (re: that Morrowind mod) wouldn't mind if Bethesda took one base game (like TES V) and just released a content expansion for it every year until they did the whole Tamriel thing. Single player only, mind you, they fucked up with their shit MMO.

Off course, it is known content expansions and DLCs only bring in a small amount of monies compared to full numbered games / sequels, so, not likely / up to the modding communities that do it for free.

Actually, maybe they should revive that paid mod thing, but restrict it heavily to content mods like this.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I for one (re: that Morrowind mod) wouldn't mind if Bethesda took one base game (like TES V) and just released a content expansion for it every year until they did the whole Tamriel thing. Single player only, mind you, they fucked up with their shit MMO.

Off course, it is known content expansions and DLCs only bring in a small amount of monies compared to full numbered games / sequels, so, not likely / up to the modding communities that do it for free.

Actually, maybe they should revive that paid mod thing, but restrict it heavily to content mods like this.

I agree, but I see a better way of doing it being like how Gary's Mod used to be just a free Half-Life 2 mod that before it was able to be released as a standalone product. I really do like the idea of mods like this being able to get bigger/better support.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I'd better get an option for male Argonians to have unique non-Nord voices. That irked me greatly in Skyrim. Also, my girlfriend is losing her mind with excitement, since she still plays on my PS3 constantly.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think the biggest one on there is actually mods on consoles, :monster:. With this generation hardware it's finally possible, the previous generation just didn't have enough memory to support the (unpredictable) modding thing. I'm sure there's a vetting process of sorts for mods though, stuff like, not needing a script extender or other such 3rd party tools, not pushing graphics requirements beyond what the console offers, etc.

I think this refresh thing also proves that they're not going to come up with TES VI for at least another 2-3 years. Re-releasing GTA V for next-gen consoles and PCs ensured its position and extended its lifetime for quite a bit - if they didn't, GTA would probably be dead by now since the new consoles have been out for a while already.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
From a reddit thread, I hear a large part of it is the way the PS4 handles texture and audio formats differently, but the general sentiment about it in the modding community is that Sony can't be bothered trying to fix it for Bethesda's sake since it's a fundamental difference in their design

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
That sucks.

I still intend on getting the game for PS4, as I'd love a much smoother experience. Mods for me were just an added bonus.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Is this not just another way of getting people to pay for mods? They tried that before and it didn't go down so well.

Looking at the like/dislike ratio on that video I guess I'm not the only one who sees the similarities. :P

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
While you can purchase credits, it's not entirely clear that that's the only way to get them. I think that it might depend on that, but we'll see? Additionally, I like the idea of mods and other things working seamlessly with saves and other stuff without them going awry.

(Also, as someone who only really has it on the PS4 with a very limited giving of mods, it's nice to have nice things sometimes. :awesome:)

Top Bottom