TES V: Skyrim

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I'm glad to hear that male and female characters don't have different starting stats. :monster: I think they did in Oblivion, iirc. (not that it was significant difference)

Pity they won't have a voice. I liked how DA2 gave the character a voice. Although sometimes what they said was not always the same as the text choice XD

non-lethal tavern brawls, lawl.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Eh, there's something to be said for both approaches. Assuming there are a sufficient number of dialogue choices, not having a voice allows you to take complete control over your character.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Weddings and tavern brawls are just cute embellishments, they can leave that behind kthx :monster:.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Weddings and tavern brawls are just cute embellishments, they can leave that behind kthx :monster:.

Yes, they should totally get rid of side-stuff so you ahve less options in a game where your supposed to be able to do whatever you want. /sarcasm

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I dunno, it just doesn't look like it adds much to me. Bar brawls sound awfully scripted. But I'm bitchy like that, :monster:.

It's probably also due to work, where we prioritize stuff so that the most important things get done, whilst the less important things (that add little actual value to a product) are low on the list and can even be scrapped as the end of a project approaches (due to being not that important).

Which probably means that, if I ever made a game, it'd be straightforward and boring, :monster:.

[/rant]

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
As long as the wife stays in the kitchen, I have no objection! :monster:

Srsly, they'll probably be the equivalent of Wadsworth in Fallout 3.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The father-to-be has contacted Game Informer with more QuakeCon-related details of how he and his fiancée ended up in a Skyrim demo while she went into labor.

The lovestruck gamers got engaged last year at QuakeCon 2010, after Chaz proposed to Stevi onstage at the very end of the show. She said yes, and the two planned on getting married at this year's QuakeCon, which is going on right now. Stevi went into labor during the half hour long Skyrim demo, so obviously those plans were canned.

"During the demo Todd Howard showed off the Frost Dragon. This is what started the whole thing, seeing this must have filled Stevi with so much excitement that it sent her into labor," explains Chaz.

You might be asking yourself why the couple didn't bolt for the hospital at the first sign of labor, but Chaz says they initially thought it could have been false labor. So they waited it out to see if the contractions continued, which they did. Chaz says they "...stayed for the rest of the demo because she is a trooper and LOVES Skyrim."

Original Story:Will the first of the Dragonborn be crawling among us soon? Will we soon hear tiny dragon shouts squealing from a hospital delivery room? It's possible, because a pair of engaged diehard gamers sat through the entirety of a QuakeCon 2011 presentation for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as the pregnant woman went into labor.

Game Informer's Andrew Reiner was approached by the couple while waiting to take part in the Games That Inspired Us panel at QuakeCon 2011. He reports that the two are self-proclaimed Game Informer fans, and wanted to let him know they weren't going to miss that demo for anything.

Did the soothing cadence of Todd Howard's voice coax the new life into entering the world? Maybe the fantastical action and grand expanses of Skyrim excited the mother-to-be so much that it created a physiological chain reaction. Or perhaps the crowd's roaring energy and enthusiasm convinced this youngster that it needed to be born before November 11, 2011.

Whatever the case, we at Game Informer tip our hats to Chaz and Stevi's dedication. Not even impending birth could keep the couple from missing out on an exclusive glimpse into the world of Tamriel. The duo (soon to be trio) is currently en route to a hospital, and we wish them the best of luck in delivering their little girl, Atari Lynn. Yep. Atari. We couldn't make this stuff up.

Bethesda, if you're reading: We don't think a complimentary copy of the Skyrim Collector's Edition would be out of line.

Now, I love me some Elder Scrolls. But this is what you'd call a bad sign for parenthood.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Holy shit this game is looking amazing. It's full of nice little touches, like the dynamic lighting in the cave when he fires a shot off with his staff.

Also, I lol'd hard at the guy yelling TEABAG HIM.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder if there will be cheering in the game if you kill something, :monster:.

I like the flamethrower spell and magic stuff. The thing that irks me most about my mage character in Oblivion is that the attacks are just so slow. A homing attack would be pleasant too.

And I still like the giant creatures (giants, mammoths, dragons etc). Makes the game look / feel a lot more epic, :monster:.

I am excite. And should pre-order. And start buying components and stuff for my new PC :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Woo, screenshots of the various races. They've changed some of the typical appearances, sometimes thinning the lines (like with Bosmer and Dunmer). The images and their associations are all from http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1220370-skyrim-quakecon-screenshots/, so if those are wrong, then so am I.

Khajit:
Character1L_UK.bmp.jpg

full.jpg

Argonian (female):
full.jpg

Orc:
full.jpg

(and a previous / older screenshot):
skyrim_orc.jpg

No-longer-soft-and-wooly-and-gay Bosmer:
full.jpg

full.jpg

Nord (doubtful as first, but confirmed as one by a developer):
full.jpg

Definite Nord:
full.jpg

Redguard (probably):
04498820-photo-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim.jpg

Dumer:
full.jpg

And those are just from early previews by reviewers. There's bound to be a lot more possibilities and upcoming screenshots. Here's another comparsion between the races' appearance from Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind - incorrectly linked at places, btw, but still:

3Qj9n.jpg

I'll take my previous remarks about the graphics back, the characters look much better compared to Oblivion, :monster:. And if those poses aren't pre-rendered, then the animations and motions will be a lot better too - all the characters in Oblivion were equally stiff. If done right, they could make Khajit and Argonians' movements very unique (for example).

I am excite :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wow that comparison is really striking. This game is really going to be something else. I always thought Khajiit were kinda stupid, but I must say those look pretty sweet. The Dunmer looks pretty awesome too.

I NEED MY NEW VIDEO CARD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Added a Dunmer who looks pretty badass, :monster:.

It's hard to believe how shitty the models looked back in the Morrowind era, :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It is, considering how amazing they looked at the time. I never thought Oblivion looked cartoony while I was playing it, even over the years. But compared to those shots, wow. Especially the Khajiit :P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
oooh look at all the pretty races!

I'm still gonna pick the most human one XD I typically always pick human female. If I pick up a second game, sometimes I'll go for male elf.

The dark elf looks cool. The regular elf and the dark elf look a lot more similar than they have in the past.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Why do all the males have ridiculously hugemongous arms? lol

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, why do all the human~like NPC's in Oblivion look horribly deformed? :monster:

I would like to see more wommenz though. I'd like to see a TES game with female characters actually worth looking at.

I also hope the characters have more than one body type, and that there's plenty of customization to be done in that area. Huge boobs? Yes plx :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:bigmonster:

I was being somewhat serious though, more variations in body types is a good thing.

I couldn't get over the fact that after you strip down all the womenz in Oblivion and/or Fallout, hack off their limbs and pose their dead corpses in ridiculous poses, they'd all look the exact same.

Top Bottom