TES V: Skyrim

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Too right! This game is going to be top of my wishlist.

And although it's already been said - MOAR VOICE ACTORS. I can't emphasize that enough. The cast for Dragon Age: Origins is absolutely massive and boasts a lot of quality voice-actors. Hopefully Bethesda won't put all their bets on one marquee name.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
More and more diverse, I would approve. How was Fallout 3's voice actors btw? It had far less NPC's (and the fewer NPCs that were there had bigger roles), but as far as I can remember, the voices were diverse enough.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't mind enemies having the same voice much, :monster:. NPC's you interact with in other ways than (primarily) killing them, however, I do. You know, the type whose face appears full in your screen.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh right, ghouls, yes now you mention it. Only remember one interactable supermutant though. 'Course, I only played through the whole game once, :monster:.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Fallout 3 gets credit for having Liam Neeson tho

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Everything in those details look great and big improvements over Oblivion. The thing that I got most excited about was this:

- Dragon encounters aren’t scripted. If one comes across a town in its travels, it might decide to attack it without warning. This may or may not involve setting it ablaze.

This. I've been saying for too long now that not only should the difficulty in a game not be static, but that it should include more spontaneity in it's encounters. I'd be happy to be walking around a city and suddenly get torched by a dragon that just decided to do that. It makes a game world feel more real, and that you didn't just trigger some invisible tripwire to start off a game sequence.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
The concept art looks amazing for it anyway. I really like some of the styles of armour they have been showing, makes it look alot better than the generic types you had within oblivion.
939672_20100519_screen010.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
First in-game trailer!

The official page runs too slow for me. If you have the same problem, go to this page.

It seems like you will absorb dragon powers as you kill them.

I know I already said this but... I want this game so badly!

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Another mirror http://tweakers.net/nieuws/72858/bethesda-toont-ingame-beelden-the-elder-scrolls-skyrim.html.

@trailer, surely looks better than the trailer/intro to TES IV, more exciting and actiony etc, although it loses cool points for not having Picard in it.

Music sounds epic, even though it's the same theme as the previous games.

Not sure about gameplay just yet, looks a lot like Oblivion with a few tweaks / changes.

Graphics look better than Oblivion for sure, but not 'wow' like Oblivion was at the time - but I guess that's because I'm spoiled and/or critical and/or because it's still for current-gen consoles.

Anyways. If it'll come out for PC, I'll buy it (maybe even pre-order for the heck of it, not that I get /that/ excited for video games or anything). Just hope I don't need to upgrade my system too much in order to play it, :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT DAMN SONG SO MUCH.

No fresh air for me next winter, that's for damn sure.

Cthulhu said:
If it'll come out for PC

If? Of course it'll come out for PC. Heads will roll if it didn't. Only way to play it as far as I'm concerned.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'll be happy to relieve you of that, :awesome:.

Some opinions others have uttered, it seems to be closer to the feel of the much-loved Morrowind (in terms of appearance, the more recognizable theme etc), which (apparently) still gets modded these days.

With a popularity like that, Bethesda should start a project similar to what Blizzard is doing right now - Blizzard's working on a 'store' of sorts where people can buy and sell (user-made) maps and mods and things. It has potential, I think, if Done Right. User-generated DLC? Yes ma'am.

I mean, Morrowind was good, sold good, and is still popular even like ten years later (or whatever it was), yet Bethesda isn't earning anything from it anymore. If they could come up with a system where mods of any sort could be easily bought and installed for relatively low fees (Apple app store prices, up to $5 for most mods, with peaks at $15 for total conversions or big mods), then they'd be able to earn moar money, make moar DLC's and content for their game, and support the game with patches and things for longer. Plus, the modding community would get rewarded for their hard efforts.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Awesome arrangement!

By the way, I just noticed the "Games for Windows" logo on the official page. That means we will be able to play it with an XBox controller. They made me a happy girl :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
First person game with a controller? :monster:. Of course, they did dumb it down (read: make more accessible) with Oblivion, it's not a bad thing per sé. Except for the slower and less accurate response business.

All the above is, btw, based on one attempt to play CoD 3 on PS2 and Minecraft with a controller on my TV this afternoon.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
*BUMP*

Because I can, and because there are new screenshots. Some of them are taken from the last trailer we already saw, and others are good quality versions of the leaked scans from January (was it January? My mind is kinda fuzzy):

78125572.jpg

21945826.jpg

57438262.jpg

91918457.jpg

86730270.jpg

56031253.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Still the console version or are we (and were we) looking at PC screens? I'm really really really interested in how good it looks or can look on PC. Not impressed with some of the textures and the flat-looking vegetation. Of course, graphics are irrelevant if gameplay is good, :monster:.

Top Bottom