TES V: Skyrim

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
Currently at Labyrinthian. I hate this place. Actually, I hate all the dungeons I've had to explore for the College quests, ugh.

The final reward better be worth it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You know I've gotten attacked by Dark Brotherhood members more than once. They all had notes from someone named Astrid ordering them to kill me.

When I find a Dark Brotherhood quest, Astrid is a dead man/woman/possible reptile thing.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Currently at Labyrinthian. I hate this place. Actually, I hate all the dungeons I've had to explore for the College quests, ugh.

The final reward better be worth it.

Speaking of Labyrinthian, is there an official quest to find all of the masks there? I have two of them and I was going to go back for the rest, but if I can get a reward from someone for it that's even better. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You know I've gotten attacked by Dark Brotherhood members more than once. They all had notes from someone named Astrid ordering them to kill me.

When I find a Dark Brotherhood quest, Astrid is a dead man/woman/possible reptile thing.

Mmm hmm, I got one of those too. I like the random events like those, even though they're already starting to become repetitive :monster:. (I mean, how many 'old' suicidal orcs are there? Worse: How many wolves are there? :monster: ).

And I'm already afflicted by the Curse of the Next Playthrough; as in, 'next playthrough imma get a mage / assassin / thief / Emperor / SPARTAAAn', even though you realize you won't be done with your first playthrough for at least ten more years, if ever :monster:.

I mean, I only have one playthrough of the main quest for Oblivion, haven't even played through the expansions on that one yet.

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
Er I'm a member of the dark brotherhood, Astrid wants my babies.
I'm also leader of the thieves guild and arch-mage of the college of winterhold..

I haz many roles.

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Speaking of Labyrinthian, is there an official quest to find all of the masks there? I have two of them and I was going to go back for the rest, but if I can get a reward from someone for it that's even better. :awesome:

I have no idea honestly. I didn't even bother with that...I just wanted to finish the quest quickly lol.

Speaking of which, I finally finished the college today :awesome: focusing on the main story now. On my way to see the greybeards!

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The mage quests were cool but overall I felt like that storyline was cut way too short, especially with the rival & mysterious mage groups we never...really get to know. At least the arch mage robes are cool tho

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Not sure about a true quest, but if you get all the masks you unlock a dungeon :P

@Dacon, i keep getting attacked too but the notes state its someone else and that douche thinks im a thief.

The ass, i never get caught stealing whats he know ._.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like that map mod, :monster:. The map right now is a bit.. meh~ish, particularly when you're trying to figure out if you should try to climb a mountain or go around it.

@Bethesda / Valve, please go die a painful death now. I might've described it earlier, but I had crash issues which were - tadaah! - resolved when I started the .exe directly instead of through Steam.

Now, Steam pushed an update through today or yesterday or something which does nothing but fix that particular 'issue' - opening the .exe now opens up Steam (and forces you go through the launcher too instead of skipping it and going to the damn game right away).

And guess what's back? Crash issue! Huzzah!

Second, the large address aware patch - allowing Skyrim to use more than that measly 2 GB of memory - is also disabled with that patch.

Crack fix, here I come: http://www.mediafire.com/?1uv4r4sdh13bcc3

(the above link / exe does just work btw)

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I like that map mod, :monster:. The map right now is a bit.. meh~ish, particularly when you're trying to figure out if you should try to climb a mountain or go around it.

OMG THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY. These fucking mountains. I don't mind if the path deviates a little and I have to go around, but I feel like I'm frickin' going so far out of my way. Especially if I get halfway and can't go anymore, and I get pissed if I have to backtrack to get around.

Then I use the fast travel if I can, which is ok. I actually prefer to do the traveling myself, lol. Although I find the horse has an easier time climbing over the mountains. Also I'm extremely stubborn AND WILL FIND A FUCKING WAY OVER THEM GOD DAMMIT. XD

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
The Greybeards were such bitches to find, omg. I had to check out a walkthrough to find the right way ;_;

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That wasn't too bad actually, only you had to follow the signs to the town in front of it. And walk around the mountain. Then it's a matter of following the path up
and sprinting down the side of it once you get that Shout :monster:

Anyone ever finished the main quest yet and/or heard about anything finishing it? :monster:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
That wasn't too bad actually, only you had to follow the signs to the town in front of it. And walk around the mountain. Then it's a matter of following the path up

Anyone ever finished the main quest yet and/or heard about anything finishing it? :monster:

I finished the main quest. First thing I did was go through the main quest, stopping from time to time for some side-questing, with my imperial warrior wielding a two-handed sword.

Last couple of levels are pretty epic, especially
Sovngarde

You get some pretty badass shouts that way, like Ohd ah Ving. (I think thats the right spelling, not sure) Anyway, certainly way better than Oblivions main quest.

After that I went and did the stormcloak missions until a glitch stopped me from going further. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Now I'm playing a straight up mage with freaky eyes and an awesome beard. CUrrently questing my way towards winterhold.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

I too beat the main quest awhile back.
i agree with noctis, the final area is pretty great :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah okay, fail then :monster:.

The problem with TES games (at least for me) is that I cba to keep playing after finishing the main quest, so I postpone it :monster:.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So... Can you get your own home/house/base? :huh:

You could in Oblivion but you couldn't customise them at all. One thing I loved in the Fallout games was being able to drop items and place them around your home. Can you do this in Skyrim? :huh:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I bought Breezehome in Whiterun which looked like a sack of shit at first but you buy living room/kitchen/dining room furnishings and maybe an alchemy station if you're into that. Bigger houses might offer more furnishings, idk. If you want to take whatever items and toss 'em around your house you can.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I have yet to buy my house, the jarl told me i could early in the game in his province of white run.
I just cant find the home to buy... Or is there something im missing? Like real estate agent perk? lol

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
After you talked to the steward about buying the house, go down to where the blacksmith shop is. It's right next to there.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Apparently there's a ton of Tamriel modeled in the game as well, and not JUST Skyrim.

You might have thought the world of Skyrim was big, but we can guarantee that, until now, you had absolutely no idea. As discovered by a Finnish blogger, Bethesda not only modeled the Nordic playground of Skyrim for the game, but much of the Elder Scrolls world of Tamriel. Why is it all in there? Your guess is as good as ours.

Here on PPSh-41 (link included just below the quote), you'll see that the scale is a bit off, and some details are awry, but the lands of Morrowind and Cyrodiil are right there available to those willing to do a little no-clip exploration. Your guide, 19-year-old Jesse, assumes that the other major landmasses are in there too, but he lacked the patience to check for himself.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Skyrim-landmass.jpg

X :neo:

Top Bottom