• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tetsuya Nomura Working On Two Unannounced Titles

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Hey lots of great shows ended on a cliffhanger and were forever remembered because of it. Alf, Sonic the Hedgehog.... some others I don't know.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, cause that's the hallmark of good storytelling. Leaving your shit unresolved.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hey now, Ben wanted to write more but they canceled the show. Same with Alf's writers. It's not like they did it on purpose :(

I'm not saying leaving it forever on a cliffhanger, I'm just saying I think they should wait a bit. I somehow doubt any of these two games are about FFVII anyways.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hey now, Ben wanted to write more but they canceled the show. Same with Alf's writers. It's not like they did it on purpose :(

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm not saying leaving it forever on a cliffhanger, I'm just saying I think they should wait a bit. I somehow doubt any of these two games are about FFVII anyways.

What the fuck for? They need to hurry the hell up and RESOLVE THE STORY. No one's interested in waiting 12 more years to finally find out what fucking faggotry Genesis decides to implement with an albino Super Saiyan wannabe.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Thank you for proving my point.
You're welcome ^_^

What the fuck for? They need to hurry the hell up and RESOLVE THE STORY. No one's interested in waiting 12 more years to finally find out what fucking faggotry Genesis decides to implement with an albino Super Saiyan wannabe.
I didn't say twelve, I said a couple...
Here instead of getting worked up over my opinion, how about merging these threads?
http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3618
:awesome:

Ghost X

Any bet that the unknown title will not be FFVII-related or KH-related, as these are two franchises that seem to be in limbo as far as a sequel is concerned. I'm betting it'll be a remake of an early FF they haven't made yet for the DS or something =P.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Lol. And I agree, they should wrap it up while people still care. FF7 still has its remake for people to hang on to forever.

And how is Nomura working on another game really spreading himself too thin? How much continued work is there for a character designer. Don't you like...design the characters and move on? I understand he directs KH stuff, but for stuff like Agito...is that really taking a lot of his attention?

Ghost X

All I want is a good writer (along FFXII's benchmark), and good direction (along FFVII's benchmark) in whatever they do next. I don't look for complex soap operas in my square-enix games. Day time television is pretty boring for that reason alone. There needs to me more action n' stuff, and a well explained deep history that is not just in writing. Amongst other things.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I didn't say twelve, I said a couple...

I literally do not have the patience to wait a couple of years for something that many say Square shouldn't have started in the first place. Now they need to end it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I literally do not have the patience to wait a couple of years for something that many say Square shouldn't have started in the first place. Now they need to end it.
I can't really argue with that I guess. I KNOW everyone on this site disagrees but I guess I'm worried about it being a remake. I know everyone else wants one, but I just really would not rather have any more inconsistencies or retcons at this point. Also to quote what I said elsewhere

I think a lot of FFVII's love comes from the fact that it was the first 3D Final Fantasy and there's a lot of nostalgia attached. It was very impressive for it's time, but a remake wouldn't be the same game and it wouldn't give you the same feeling as the first time you played the game. It's something I've learned with the recent Sonic games. One of the reasons I love the older games so much is the feeling attached to them, and that's not something you can get with a remake.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Two things.

1. With the Compilation, it's pretty much only responsible at this point for a remake, if there is one, to retcon and change a few things to reflect the changes. After playing Crisis Core, reading up on Before Crisis, and the Ultimania's they released alongside them, some parts of the original FFVII don't even make sense anymore.

2. If you're worried about the remake having its nostalgia value, or well, just outright sucking, which is possible just like anything else, it's not like you still don't have the original game. It's not like buying a copy of the remake requires you to trade in your original FFVII copies. Do you know how many remakes of movies, games, etc that I don't like? That's cool, because I just stick to the original version.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
2. If you're worried about the remake having its nostalgia value, or well, just outright sucking, which is possible just like anything else, it's not like you still don't have the original game
I'm more worried about it ruining FFVII as a whole. The game is almost perfect by itself and I know I've said this before and Mako threw a fit but Im gonna say it again anyway. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for reflecting the changes, oh that'll be great in a debate. "Well in the remake Cloud said this but in the ORIGINAL he said this and that's what we should go with!" and "They only made that change to appease a certain amount of the fanbase!"

Won't that be fun :awesomonster:

Honestly you won't change my mind here, but if they do announce a remake, I won't throw a fit or anything. I'll probably even watch how it goes and maybe buy it if I can, I just have different feelings about it... then again I was there for the horror that is "Sonic 1 GBA"

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm more worried about it ruining FFVII as a whole. The game is almost perfect by itself and I know I've said this before and Mako threw a fit but Im gonna say it again anyway. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This doesn't work from a narrative perspective, though. FFVII doesn't fit in with the rest of the Compilation anymore, story wise. If you're not consistent with what you write, what else are you good for, really?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I would love to sit with Nomura for a day to experience what a man in his position goes through. I'd love to see him work on a character, etc.

I wonder how he does it; does he make a lot of rough drafts and end up throwing most of his day's work in the trash? Is he the kind of artist and idealist who can do at least for the most part a sketch as he wants it first time?

Really, I would love to.

As for these two new games, well, I for one do hope one of them is related to Final Fantasy VII - but I can share the apprehension that some people have, about if a remake or a new game would screw up the storyline as we know it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm more worried about it ruining FFVII as a whole. The game is almost perfect by itself and I know I've said this before and Mako threw a fit

That's because it's absurd, as MOG says,
Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
It's not like buying a copy of the remake requires you to trade in your original FFVII copies.
Seriously, an FF7 remake would look so unlike the original, I really can't imagine how it could possibly "ruin" it.

Besides, were there retcons in the FF 3 and 4 remakes?

then again I was there for the horror that is "Sonic 1 GBA"

And that wasn't a remake, it was an unimaginably poor port.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Seriously, an FF7 remake would look so unlike the original, I really can't imagine how it could possibly "ruin" it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there is as much of a chance of SE ruining FF7 and I could name a million reasons how. But, I give them the benefit of the doubt of not doing that and I would still like to see it.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Gotta love the amount of faith some people have in Sqex. Not talking solely to you Que, because I've seen arguments like yours before. And even agree with them. But Sqex knows that they'd loose customers if they fuck up a FF7 remake. That would be a severe handle-with-care project.

Vendel

Banned
Gotta love the amount of faith some people have in Sqex. Not talking solely to you Que, because I've seen arguments like yours before. And even agree with them. But Sqex knows that they'd loose customers if they fuck up a FF7 remake. That would be a severe handle-with-care project.

I think a FFVII remake would be something they would do if they seriously fuck up. "We need something we know will make money".

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
This guy are sick.......

I said ALMOST :awesomonster:
Also I heard there will be a Cloti make out scene if there's a remake, maybe I'll reconsider :hohum:

Okay you wanna know the REAL reason I don't want a remake? Cause I won't be able to play it :( I can't afford any of the newer systems.... nah not really, if they do a remake, I just hope they do it right. They probably will though and I'll be eating a crow once they do.. mmm... crow...

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
It's a new Tomb Raider game. :monster:

But seriously, I would be happy if one of the two unnanounced titles mentioned by Nomura is:

- The Compilation's conclusion
- FFV remake
- FFVI remake
- FFVII remake

But something tells me it's related to FFXIII.

I'd rather not see anything from the Compilation for a while... I think they need to let it die down a bit. We just had ACC this year I think they should wait a couple years before anything else. IT's probably just me though

I think we already waited too much for a continuation of the story. After we watched the secret ending of DoC, we had a prequel(CC) and a remake(ACC), but no conclusion to it.
I'm tired of waiting for this particular cliffhanger to resolve.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hmm I'd like to rethink my stance on the... OMG Loxetta your sig, I was going to do the same thing with him looking at Zack's butt :monster:

... er.. I mean, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I still kinda don't want one, but if they did make one, I wouldn't complain. I want them to finish the compilation first though. Get that out of the way.

Top Bottom