• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Sup dawgs. Was wondering why I got infraction while Toph didn't? favouritism liek? come on!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
In case it wasn't subtle enough, off topic.

J3rE4.gif

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Let me guess. You two ship Zutara right?
tgcLu.png

also one time I was reading really good fanfictions about the two girls above

and the author also wrote a really good Tifa/Lightning fic

should I post y/n

also you are all beautiful and talented people, thank you for sharing your fanarts. I prefer C/A fanart because I like the pairing more, and most C/T fanart doesn't portray what I like most about them as a pairing (they have issues). Most C/T fanart is like happy happy joy shit and therefore boring to me.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
winter: Do you have any examples of CxT fanart that portrays what you like about them? I'm trying to think of any I've seen that portrays the complicated nature of the relationship while simultaneously qualifying as CxT.

Sounds difficult to pull off, but would be very impressive if it can be done.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
winter: Do you have any examples of CxT fanart that portrays what you like about them? I'm trying to think of any I've seen that portrays the complicated nature of the relationship while simultaneously qualifying as CxT.

I recall one that might qualify. I'm sure someone here can point to it in an instant. Tifa, sitting, hunkered down, with Buster, planted in ground, to her back.
Very much about them and their troubles despite Cloud not being in the picture.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Yesterday I fell asleep after watching Harry Potter for the third time in celebration of having finished my last paper...

Since we're still on about fanarts: Basically what Zee/Splintered said. C/A fanart is just so pretty.

...and not gonna lie, I don't really care about Denzel or Marlene, hence why C/T fanart doesn't appeal to me so much. Not that some family arts aren't cute, I'm just meh at the two characters.

AND SINCE I PROMISED:
ngl, I couldn't remember what Lightning's outfit looked like =\
2emzfqv.jpg

hurrr tifa looks kinda weird but whateva, I like how Lightning came out ;_;

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

does this work?:

1282987339406.jpg

...and not gonna lie, I don't really care about Denzel or Marlene, hence why C/T fanart doesn't appeal to me so much. Not that some family arts aren't cute, I'm just meh at the two characters.

Denzel is...alright (as far as plot devices go), but I feel how Splintered does about Marlene. They kind of threat her as Cloud/Tifa's second kid, but she's not. I realize Barret's not going to win any father of the year awards, but that's still his bb girl.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Denzel is...alright (as far as plot devices go), but I feel how Splintered does about Marlene. They kind of threat her as Cloud/Tifa's second kid, but she's not. I realize Barret's not going to win any father of the year awards, but that's still his bb girl.

I'm not sure how many years they have to raise her to think of her as a child of their family. Compilation time it's going on nearly 4 years.

I am also not sure how that would keep her from being Barret's daughter.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

I agree. One of the big problems I had with CoB/The Compilation is that it tends to write Barret off from the family dynamic. Not to mention I found it kinda OOC for Barrett to leave Marlene after all was done.

/whatever

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I never saw the Marlene/Barret situation as OOC for Barrett. He was leading a terrorist group against mako energy. After they win, there has to be a replacement for mako and Barrett follows through on finding a new energy source, in this case, oil. I have no idea how advance their oil drills are, but in any case, an oil field where they are drilling for oil is not a safe place. I see him leaving Marlene with the only people he could trust, Cloud and Tifa.

Also, it's not like he left for the oil fields right after Meteor. Case of Tifa shows him staying with Cloud and Tifa long enough to see 7th Heaven open. It's only after they get settled that he even lets them know that he's going. I'd say he lived with them for several months at least.

EDIT: My bad. I keep getting the years after FFVII mixed up. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
I agree. One of the big problems I had with CoB/The Compilation is that it tends to write Barret off from the family dynamic. Not to mention I found it kinda OOC for Barrett to leave Marlene after all was done.

/whatever

Looking at it from a LTD POV, I have always laughed at the idea that Cloud didn't really want to be with Tifa or live at 7th Heaven. Nothing was keeping him there. In fact he had reason to leave (to find his tru wuv again). But he had nowhere else to go.

Then you look at Barret who had every reason to stick around. But because he can't seem to settle he leaves.

As for Barret leaving? Well you can hardly call what he did in the previous years "raising" her. When the dust settled he found that he couldn't. As he says he has to fight. And he left her in the best situation he could. With a home and ready made family/guardians to take care of her while he walked the earth.

Edit:someone got in before me.
Obsidian Fire said:
Also, it's not like he left for the oil fields right after Meteor. Case of Tifa shows him staying with Cloud and Tifa long enough to see 7th Heaven become a successful bar. It's only after they gets settled that he even lets them know that he's going. I'd say he lived with them for at least a year, maybe even two.

Barret leaves a week after 7th Heaven opened. And going by the timeline that is a couple weeks to a couple months at most after FFVII. AC takes place not quite two years after.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
does this work?:

1282987339406.jpg

Where would Cloud be going? Or is it Cloud asking Tifa not to leave? Curse you fanart and your monologue evenly between two characters who are both sad!

I don't think her being raised by C/T invalidates Barret as her daddy or her as his baby, though. It's comparable to being raised by aunts and uncles for a time.

/whatever

Well, Barrett wrote himself out. He's got to atone, to make the world better for Marlene. That's his penance. In his own way, Barret's just as big a dumbass as Cloud, he's just got a different set of priorities.
I'm curious as to his situation post AC, since we never really got much info on it either way.
But yeah, just so long as Barret is doing whatever he does 'For Marlene,' I don't think it's OOC.

I never saw the Marlene/Barret situation as OOC for Barrett. He was leading a terrorist group against mako energy. After they win, there has to be a replacement for mako and Barrett follows through on finding a new energy source, in this case, oil. I have no idea how advance their oil drills are, but in any case, an oil field where they are drilling for oil is not a safe place. I see him leaving Marlene with the only people he could trust, Cloud and Tifa.

Also, it's not like he left for the oil fields right after Meteor. Case of Tifa shows him staying with Cloud and Tifa long enough to see 7th Heaven become a successful bar. It's only after they gets settled that he even lets them know that he's going. I'd say he lived with them for at least a year, maybe even two.

There are only two years between FF7 and AC/C. He can have lived with them for a few months, but he is gone by the end of the first year.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
tbh I never understood why Barret was the only one actively looking for another energy source. I get that Cloud was more of a tag along to Avalanche, but Tifa was a key member and really seemed to care about their goals.

Seems irresponsible to go out of your way to destroy a nation's prime energy source and then let someone else deal with finding a new one. It's like trashing a restaurant and leaving one guy with the bill for the damages.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
tbh I never understood why Barret was the only one actively looking for another energy source. I get that Cloud was more of a tag along to Avalanche, but Tifa was a key member and really seemed to care about their goals.

Seems irresponsible to go out of your way to destroy a nation's prime energy source and then let someone else deal with finding a new one.

Well....saving the planet was secondary to them. Revenge was the main motive. But when you learn a company is literally sucking the soul out of the planet you stop it, then think about what to do next afterwords.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
All Tifa really wanted was to get back at Shin-Ra for creating the being who killed her Dad and destroyed her town. AVALANCHE was the best way to do that.
Seems irresponsible to go out of your way to destroy a nation's prime energy source and then let someone else deal with finding a new one. It's like trashing a restaurant and leaving one guy with the bill for the damages.
Except Barret doesn't do that; he goes out and becomes actively involved in finding a new energy source. Actually, that's one of the few things he does that leads me to respect him as a character.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
All Tifa really wanted was to get back at Shin-Ra for creating the being who killed her Dad and destroyed her town. AVALANCHE was the best way to do that.

She was still involved in blowing up reactors and the deaths of innocent civilians, as was Cloud.

Except Barret doesn't do that; he goes out and becomes actively involved in finding a new energy source. Actually, that's one of the few things he does that leads me to respect him as a character.

That would be why I said Barret was the exception.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Well, Barrett wrote himself out. He's got to atone, to make the world better for Marlene. That's his penance. In his own way, Barret's just as big a dumbass as Cloud, he's just got a different set of priorities.

meh. maybe ooc isn't the right word, but I still think it's pretty shit characterization. Barrett's whole post-FF7 storyline always struck me as an excuse to focus on Cloud's AC wangst.

As for Tifa: I don't really have a problem with her not playing a huge proactive role on the planetary front post-FF7. It seems to me she'd be more inclined to settle down and have a quiet life. Same with Cloud, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom