The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So I finally joined a Grand Company and ta da, I'm now in the Immortal Flames! Finally making some progress at long last. It's a ridiculously long grind to level 25, though. I'd hoped to get to 30 by the end of the week, whoops.

Lex

Administrator
I found the story missions/ side missions that pop alongside them levelled me up completely fine until you hit 40. Then you run out of side missions and have to grind fates to get to the next level a little bit.

Also don't forget your hunting logs :)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Oh, I've been filling them, especially when I'm headed towards story / side missions. Plus some of them have good EXP and I can get a chain in there.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
How are the classes as far as changing goes? Like if you pick a gladiator, are you stuck as a gladiator unless you make a new character? I know you can do missions for and join other guilds for different classes but I never did that in the beta. Would that mean you change class by joining those guilds?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
re: that boss Lex mentioned, it's still early, strategies still need to be devised. Before long, it'll become routine as to how to beat it and what every role should be doing and when.

Lex

Administrator
@Hito You can level every class on one character (although it's not easy). You switch classes by switching to the appropriate weapon. You can even save a gear set and set it to your hotbar to switch with one button.

@Yop Ummm, there is a routine. The one I outlined. There is genuinely no other strategy, other than it's better to have a summoner so you don't have to bother with the feathers :monster:

She can still turn around and kick your ass even if everyone's doing what they're supposed to be doing. That's what makes it so difficult.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Finally got the airship quests done. Still haven't gotten access to the free company stuff yet.

I like Limsa Lominsa. Nice music, it's also like the Hyrule of this game.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Much preferred this though :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think that's still in there. Usually when I'm running around on the bridges midday.

AvecAloes

Donator
So, Force and I are kind of stuck at Titan right now. We've gone up against him twice - the first time, the tank was really cranky the whole time, and then quit, and the second time, the tank was much nicer, but then the healer quit. You can't add members to this battle after it's already begun, so if one of your players leaves, you're absolutely boned, and you must go back out and sign up for the duty finder again. Kind of a pain, actually. I'm not sure why they would set it up like that, but ok. Aside from those issues, I was also experiencing some major lag, which is a death sentence in this fight. There were a few times where the game would come to a complete stop. I could move around and cast, but the target and the rest of my party members were just standing where they were. I'd have no idea if I were being targeted or anything, so I'd just run around until the game started up again, only to find out that I'd been hit off the cliff or that one of the other players was caught in a rock tomb or something. It didn't go very well :/ And aside from the quest, I'm kind of running out of things to do at the moment. I completed the hunting log (at least, until the next level is unlocked), so I guess that only leaves FATE farming or levequests and such, but it would take so very very long to gain the necessary XP to really level in any significant way, so...not quite sure what to do about that. I suppose we'll give it another go tomorrow, see if we get matched with a better party or something, but right now it's not looking great.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
aerisface_zpscee9edf9.jpg
? :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm kind of afraid you watched a wrong version (i.e. the old one that wasn't from A Realm Reborn, or the PC version since they've got this habit of being UBER SUPER ZOOMED out for some bizarre reason) so have a video from the new version:

This person is a dragoon and does exactly the same stuff I did 0_0

No, the video I watched was from A Realm Reborn. I mentioned
Gaius and Ultima because of how they show up and kill Garuda, Titan and Ifrit.

Lex

Administrator
Tanks and healers quitting can be a nightmare. If Titan doesn't teach everyone that, Garuda will. :/

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Soooooo... This game is no longer offered on PSN? Forgive me if I sound daft, but - went to see if I could purchase it and it's listed, but without a price and no way to download. :(

Also, if I start playing, can I join the TLS group?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You can still buy the retail version but as far as I know they suspended purchase and download of the digital version so as to lower the heavy load on their servers initially.
They had a lot of server problems, see, so it was the only way they could think of that would lower the amount of new people signing in. It'll come back soon though seeing as a lot of the issues have been resolved. Again you could always buy the same game in the shop, that's what I did!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So I'm a Pugilist that wants to register a party on the Duty Finder so I can finish the Sastasha mission (main quest). I'm going to be waiting forever, aren't I?

EDIT: Nope, got it done. Yay!

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Do you need to keep the disk in when playing the game, or does it just install the client/authenticate the game and you're good to go?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nope, the disc is just to download the contents onto the HDD (I still downloaded mine through PSN and never had to use the disc. I just keep it for backups and collector's purposes.)

Finally started using attuning crystals, since the in-town ones are free. I just started the market/economics side of this game and have all the alchemy/blacksmith/mining/etc. going on. I have just one more story mission to unlock the retainers which I sorely need.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Had quite the good grind yesterday. Got plenty done story-wise and went from level 24 to 28. Will have to get some more done later today!

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
How's leveling up in the game? Is it easy, hard, kind of like Kingdom Hearts, or totally dependent on which job/role you undertake?

As I said, if lucky, by the end of this month (hopefully this week), I'll be able to purchase and begin playing.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
It's been a while since I've been on the forum as I have been on FFXIV all weekend and pretty much ignored everyone all weekend, so for that sorry, (I'll check the thread in detail after this). :monster:

So firstly I just hit level 47 after fate farming in Cereuleum Factory, Spent a lot of time in and out of parties whilst battling Garuda (nearly all of the mages were hopeless or they backed out, but I finally bested the primal and watch the amazing turn of events after defeating it (Lex we need to discuss this). I done my level 45 dragoon quest gaining my dragoon, arms, legs, feet and helmet so now I just need the level 50 drachen mail.

I've also been researching tomes as I want to get the Wyrm armour eventually so I can fell Behemoth and tackle the hard primals but I don't think it will make much difference.

I'm also about to become a Lieutenant in my GC which is currently the highest rank for your GC.

That's pretty much it.

I''m glad the PS4 version will be free for all PS4 but I don't think it will solve congestion problems.

right, lastly servers are to be down for maintenance on the 13th.

that is all.

Top Bottom