The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
MAINTENANCE

Y U DO DIS ;-;

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So like, apparently I'm supposed to give in to the dark side and play this game (or so Avec says).

What's the best system to play it on? I'd rather use my PS3. Or is that the only way?

I've been itching for some good ol' MMO camaraderie ever since my original guild on WoW dissolved...

Mwynn

Tenderness
I was initially planning to play on Moogle EU but I was too late and the server won't accept new characters any longer. Hopefully the restriction gets lifted after the maintenance today.

I'm Arthuria Pendragon in Cactuar and Rhaine Pride in Hyperion. Can't play until next week though due to dreadful schoolwork.

AvecAloes

Donator
I know there are several people here who play on the PS3, Tenny, and I think they enjoy it, but I'd much rather play it on a PC (which I'm doing). I'd say PC, but if you'd honestly rather do it on the PS3, I haven't heard too many complaints about how it does on the console.

Lex

Administrator
You guys know the restriction on Cerberus has been lifted right? Because that's the server all of us are on.

one of us
one of us

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If I were to play, is Cerberus the server I should choose?

Who is all on what server?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Tenny I play on PS3. It takes a little bit of getting used to and by all means an MMO SHOULD be played on a PC but there's nothing wrong with the experience on PS3 at all. I still find myself enjoying it way too much.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just ordered the game.

Peer pressure. Actually, more like "baw everyone I know online is playing dis game and going OMGOGMOGMG about it and I'm feeling left out". I'm going to call you cunts if it actually is a kill-ten-rats times 9000 game, :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I just ordered the game.

Peer pressure. Actually, more like "baw everyone I know online is playing dis game and going OMGOGMOGMG about it and I'm feeling left out". I'm going to call you cunts if it actually is a kill-ten-rats times 9000 game, :monster:

Well, there are quests like that. But the game is very well polished from what I have experienced so far (up to level 25). There is also a lot to do. I was doing a lot of those kill 10 rats quests until about 15 when dungeons became available. After that, I have mainly been doing dungeons, story quests, and levequests for crafting and my grand company. There are also a lot of nice touches to the world such as a day/night cycle and sitting in chairs (stupid SWTOR). Once you are in, look one of us up (I am Kaylan Greyashe) for an invite to the guild! :monster:

I hope by the end of the week (when I have a fair bit more time to play) all these issues have washed away and everybody's able to happily access the serves and stuff. It bothers me that I've had the game for about a week and I've only managed to log about 5-6 hours play time. I've been busy lately but if the servers had been fully functional and all I would have easily been able to go 30+. I don't like buying games and then being told NO whenever I try to play them. >_>

I am interested to see how the maintenance addresses the issues when I am able to try to log in again.

I know there are several people here who play on the PS3, Tenny, and I think they enjoy it, but I'd much rather play it on a PC (which I'm doing). I'd say PC, but if you'd honestly rather do it on the PS3, I haven't heard too many complaints about how it does on the console.

I also play on PC, which I prefer for most games, especially MMOs. But I have a good one that I built and I know many people don't want to make that kind of investment when plenty of games are available on consoles. For this game, playing on PC means more flexible controls and better graphics (depending on your PC). But, from what I hear, Square did a very good job of designing the gamepad controls for PS3. I also think you can get a keyboard for PS3 to make chatting easier. I also read somewhere that when the PS4 comes out there will be graphical updates if you play on PS4 instead of PS3.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I haven't figured out how to sit on chairs in the PS3 version yet. >:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I really need to get some more time into this, but Saints Row IV is too tempting. :/

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
OMG

A GAME WHERE ONE CAN SIT ON CHAIRS

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

:awesome:

lol. I know, it sounds dumb. But I like things that create immersion, such as being able to interact with the environment or a day/night cycle. Someone was making fun of me when I brought up chairs in the free company chat the other day (I think it was Avec or Satsu...still having trouble remembering who is who in game). :neo:

I haven't figured out how to sit on chairs in the PS3 version yet. >:

You just have to get near a chair, like stand on it, and use the sit emote. Your character will actually use the chair instead of doing the standard emote.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can sit in Eve, too.

Actually, that's pretty much the only thing you can do with your fancy highly realistic human character / avatar, besides walking around very, very slowly, :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The terrible thing about EVE though is that you are 100% all alone when you can use your avatar. Your avatar literally exists in an instanced area where no other characters can enter. They seriously need to change that, it'd make the immersion great enough for me to sign up for a lifetime account.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they had big plans with it (I mean, just look at the amount of effort they already put into it and the character creator and tech demos like
. But, spaceships > people. I'd much prefer if they added spaceship customization, would probably make them lots more money in in-game purchases / microtransactions / etc, too.

I mean, how hard can it be to add and support more skins to the game. Or sparkles. Or pink Rifters.

Top Bottom