Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Don't get your hopes up?

:P lol

Well, this is my first MMO, so...

Yeah, I'm excited.

Also, music playing on the news and updates page...

Is that Prelude - Remembrance by Nobou Uetmatsu?

Very beautiful version of the song!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Now the 'Yop complains about a game he continues to play' thread.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Okay, Yop, since you know about all this computer stuff...

What the heck is it downloading?! It's been downloaded, installed, and now on the news page, downloading some more.

Yes, and all those magical moments that just don't exist if you're not playing together. Sometimes you can run into assholes who make the game less enjoyable, but when running with a crowd you know and like, it gets awesome.

I foresee you guys leaving me behind. :P

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
We all play and help each other regardless of progress, Arianna.

Nobody gets left behind.

tumblr_mb0xk7lGPJ1r34qiso1_500.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Okay, Yop, since you know about all this computer stuff...

What the heck is it downloading?! It's been downloaded, installed, and now on the news page, downloading some more.

I foresee you guys leaving me behind. :P

Well, MMO's usually get updated frequently after they've been released. You install the game from the DVD, that's basically version 1.0. After a day or so, the developer realize 'Ohshit, we've done soemthing wrong', fix it, and release a patch - that's what you're downloading right now.

It will get worse later on. Once in a while, they will add content to the game - think DLC for regular games - and when you open the game next, it'll go and download that content.

tl;dr, MMO's are never final, and get stuff added to them all the time, not included in the original game.

AvecAloes

Donator
So I just renewed my subscription for 30 more days. Apparently this means that I can change the appearance of a character once. So, do I make Evelyn a cat lady, or do I just start an entirely new cat lady character as a Conjurer (to go for Scholar or White Mage)? I just don't know!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm cross-training into a Marauder, which is much moar badass than a Gladiator. And the two will, once I get marauder up to 30, culminate in the epitome of badassness in the form of a Warrior. None of that subtle shit; heavy armor and a massive axe, pwn all the things. VIOLENCE.

Of course, said VIOLENCE is still mostly just walking up to an enemy and pressing 1 and 2 until it's dead. Yawn.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
With dragoon I pretty much need all my hotkeys... When solo-ing my 2-3-4 combo is the most used, in a group though I need all 20-odd keys and rotating around between enemies' flanks and rear.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
One of the great things about companies is that you can always find someone around your level and skill to play with. Or you can just run around on your own for a bit until you get the needed gear to become a valuable team member. The game really is about teams, far as I can tell, so it's not an advantage to anyone to leave people behind, unless said people are truly inept or hopelessly rude. Most people are not, surprisingly, either.

Lex

Administrator
I would just like to chip in and say I second that marauder is a far more interesting/ fun class to play than gladiator.

And also that yes, all of the hotkeys are used for Dragoon. If you work it right there's a way to combo every single move in the Dragoon's arsenal, and I tend to add in some neat skills I brought over from marauder too to really jump up the damage/ staying power. (Bloodlust is fantastic).

Splintered

unsavory tart
I have a maurader but I only leveled up to, like, 7 so I could get bloodbath for my PLD. I haven't really tried any DPS but I think I'm going to go get abilities for when I try to get my White Mage.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sounds valid, marauder it is then, :monster:. Hit me up if you have a level 10+ish character and would like to grind levels for a bit. I'm at a level 20ish main quest in Gridania atm, too.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Created a new character to be a Summoner. Just got to level 5. 'Tis my first magic class, I already have to get used to my greatly increased range.

(And I'm up to level 46 with Amalek. Ever closer to that final piece of Dragoon armor)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So my sub's out

How are yalls extending your subscriptions?

Also I like being a Gladiator, I'll fight youse

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
I followed the links it gave me when I tried to sign in after my free period ran out. I only did a 30 days subscription for now.

I'm level 48 with my Black Mage now...I want the rest of my wearable gear so badly! I think I might also start working on my Conjurer (to try out White Mage/Scholar).

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I signed up again and found I paid a total of $35 because they neglect to say the CE upgrade is $20 by itself and not a sub. Derpity derp :V

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Created a new character to be a Summoner. Just got to level 5. 'Tis my first magic class, I already have to get used to my greatly increased range.

(And I'm up to level 46 with Amalek. Ever closer to that final piece of Dragoon armor)

How come you created a new character? So that you can make them look more magic oriented?

I chose the sub option that includes only one character per server because it was cheaper and I don't see myself creating more than one character since I can be everything on one. It is only for 30 days, obviously, as the one character sub doesn't have an option for more days than that, that I could see anyway.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Partially for looks, yes. Also, after you've leveled a class in each city its a lot easier to start a character so you can get quest xp. Especially story ones.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Partially for looks, yes. Also, after you've leveled a class in each city its a lot easier to start a character so you can get quest xp. Especially story ones.

That's true. But you also miss out on the extra xp for having a class already leveled. But I have been leveling my secondary classes via Fates, so not having quests hasn't hampered me I guess.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I'm a bit dubious about leveling a third or fourth class, given how you'll have no more quests left and you'll end up doing a tedious grind. But, grinding's better with a group of friends; it is known.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I feel comfortable with pugilist-soon to be monk (lvl 27 right now). Finally figured out how to work the status effects, I pressure point and cast slow on all things, then punch them to death.

I just keep wearing whatever lvl clothes are appropriate that the levequest shops give me. At one point they dressed me up as a hillbilly farmer for my botany, I'm waiting for them to hand me a paperboy cap and suspenders for the fisticuff look.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I'm a bit dubious about leveling a third or fourth class, given how you'll have no more quests left and you'll end up doing a tedious grind. But, grinding's better with a group of friends; it is known.

Well, like I said, levelling one class in each of the main city states is fine. Because even without the story you still have all those low-level bullshit quests. And the higher level your other character is, the more of an XP boost you get on the lower one. So it's not bad. But after the that, then your only option is levequests.

Top Bottom