The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
GOOD KING MOGGLE MOG GOOD KING MOG
LORD OF ALL THE LAND (KUPO)
GOOD KING MOGGLE MOG GOOD KING MOG
RULES WITH IRON HAND

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I hope someone can help me... Thanks Yop for answering my questions before, but I could do with some others' help too!

What is this game about? And how do I know when I'm doing something storywise versus just something that is extra.

I feel lost. It's pleasant enough of a game. Still, I wish I had some clue as to its plot. So many people are so far ahead of me...

Right now, I've just been doing side quests - mainly out in Central, Northern and Eastern Thanalan. Should I be elsewhere?

Again, I appreciate any help. ^_^

AvecAloes

Donator
You know the symbols that indicate quests above the NPC's heads? The symbols that are shaped like the crystallized impact zones are the quests that advance the main story, as opposed to the ones that are just that normal shape that houses the exclamation marks.

What level are you? You started in Ul'dah, right? You can't leave your starting area until the main quest line takes you to the other cities. So until you advance far enough in the main quest, you will be in Thanalan.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
EDIT: Ninja'd, here's the story quest emblem: It says it after you get your first one.

Story quests have the big fancy logos
Ffxivarrmainscenarioquesticon.jpg

Rather than just the little exclamation point speech bubble.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I was lost at one point, and the duty finder didn't indicate where the next storyline quest was (which is kinda stupid, imho), so I had to google / find a quest list to figure out the next place to go - do consider that. Although you'll probably run out of quests for your level soon enough. Don't grind / do boring shit to level up to get to another sidequest, that won't last and is tedious.

Lex

Administrator
I've said this before, but I didn't run out of quests for my level until I hit 40, so I don't know why that would happen 0_0. Unless you're avoiding side quests of course.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Beat the story.

As I've been saying all along: way more than I expected from the plot of an MMO. Great stuff. While obviously not quite on par with a proper single player FF, it does a fantastic job of making you feel important and badass. The whole endgame was a lot fun. Bravo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
FUCK YOUU EXAAAAAAMS

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Not sure I can finish this Lightning thing, since I can barely find her and I think today and onward they're asking me to jump 20 levels. Maybe when it comes back in February.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Not sure I can finish this Lightning thing, since I can barely find her and I think today and onward they're asking me to jump 20 levels. Maybe when it comes back in February.

They are always in the same place. The first round is in middle and western la noscea while the second fates are in southern and eastern thanalan. You can google the coordinates but they are pretty easy to find and occassionally you'll just run into a wall of people since it is a big waiting game.

EDIT: The third you get the questgiver from Girdania and the fate in Coerthas

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
You know the symbols that indicate quests above the NPC's heads? The symbols that are shaped like the crystallized impact zones are the quests that advance the main story, as opposed to the ones that are just that normal shape that houses the exclamation marks.

What level are you? You started in Ul'dah, right? You can't leave your starting area until the main quest line takes you to the other cities. So until you advance far enough in the main quest, you will be in Thanalan.

Thanks Avec. I'm able to travel Eorzea now. I just get kind of confused when and where the storyline quests begin and end. Thanks to ForceStealer for his bit of information about the storyline quest(s) emblem. I may sound daft, but I just get confused at times after I finish a quest and then it's like, "okay, what now?"

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I see they have some more news about housing on the login page.

A bunch of stuff like auctions on where to choose land plots and things like that, and the choices get limited every 6 hours (pressure's on)

Looks like so far:

-we can have a workshop to build airships,
-an orchestra room to change the house music,
-chocobo stall to raise birds,
-mannequins to hold player gear,
-A bulletin board for the house. They don't say much about it, but I hope it's so we can arrange meetings and set up dungeon quests.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I see they have some more news about housing on the login page.

A bunch of stuff like auctions on where to choose land plots and things like that, and the choices get limited every 6 hours (pressure's on)

Looks like so far:

-we can have a workshop to build airships,
-an orchestra room to change the house music,
-chocobo stall to raise birds,
-mannequins to hold player gear,
-A bulletin board for the house. They don't say much about it, but I hope it's so we can arrange meetings and set up dungeon quests.

Unfortunately, those features you list are, I believe, not coming until later. All we will have when the patch hits on December 17 is the ability to buy a house and decorate it.

No specifics on pricing yet either. It would be nice to know now so we can start allocating gil. I predict we won't have enough though since we are going to be pooling gil from only about 3-5 people to try to buy one. I also have really only been concentrating on running dungeons instead of crafting and making money.

EDIT: Also, I just read that only the FC leader will be able to purchase a house initially until he gives others in the FC permissions to do so. That could be a problem for us. :/

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It won't be. Just give me a date and I'll make sure you or someone else responsible has the permissions in time :)

Splintered

unsavory tart
What's the difficulty of these things? Crystal tower is a step from coil of bahamut right? And coil of bahamut takes a decent about of post game grinding to be competitive, which means I probably won't be able to tackle crystal tower anytime soon >___>

The extreme modes for the primals will be interesting. Ifrit is easy but it is quite honestly the most annoying fight to be a Pali in, since I mostly get saddled with stun duty. But the few times I got in with Garuda was like a 50/50 on if we could defeat it, and I got lucky with Titan the first time but the other times we couldn't even get close to beating him. It's probably going to be that it'll be impossible to use a duty finder group to beat the extreme modes.

Which is a shame. Because that looks like Warrior of Light's out fit for tanks and I wants it.

Last edited:

espritduo

Zetta Member
Patch 2.1 finally has a release date (12.17.2013)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_1_A_Realm_Awoken/

Pretty sure that's the emperor from FFII at 1:03. Also, Haukke Manor looks fantastic.

Nah, that's Acheron/Titan/Hecatonchier from FFIII. Now, which palette swap it actually is I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hecatoncheir is a boss from the Cave of Shadows. Titan (not the summon, but has the same name for whatever reason) is the boss of the Ancient's Maze (the dungeon before the Crystal Tower in FFIII). Acheron is a regular random enemy that appears in Eureka, the optional dungeon below the Crystal Tower.

It probably isn't Hecatonchier since that boss has nothing to do with the Crystal Tower, and there are already Hecatonchiers in FFXIV. It probably isn't Titan since, well, that would be confusing and weird, even though it is a boss from the Crystal Tower which makes it the most likely aside from its name. Acheron is just a regular mook in the final dungeon, but it has a good name, so they might just do a "let's forget we ever called the boss Titan and pretend we called it Acheron" backpedal.

*runs off*

Lex

Administrator
What

that's insane

Honestly, of all the games in the world this was probably the number 1 I would never in a million years expect to support remote play. Jesus joanie macaroni.

Just makes the PS4 version all that more appealing I guess :D

Top Bottom