The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Well, like I said, levelling one class in each of the main city states is fine. Because even without the story you still have all those low-level bullshit quests. And the higher level your other character is, the more of an XP boost you get on the lower one. So it's not bad. But after the that, then your only option is levequests.

Or Fates. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I got the email saying my trial ended, but it didn't actually expire until a week later. Suspect now that's because of the additional seven days were added on because of the problems, etc. I haven't signed up for the subscription yet because I want a small break and don't want to be paying when I'm playing other games. I might just buy one of those 60 day pre-paid cards instead of a full-on subscription, though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Avec and I beat Garuda last night. It was awesome. I don't know if we just had an awesome party or what but it just took us three tries (and each try was a marked improvement on the last). DPS may be so plentiful that you have to wait a little longer in the duty finder, but I do enjoy that I almost always get to use the party's limit breaks.
I also don't know why the dragoon of all classes manifests the big Buster Sword and performs either Braver or the other omnislash-esque move, but I'm not complaining.

And then the cutscene afterwards, holy crap. Pretty amazing. I really do think the story in this game is fun. Another thing I like - the villians all have that FF12-style Judge armor that covers their faces and looks all intimidating. But now that I have the Dragoon armor, my face is covered and look every bit as imposing and badass as they do. Very satisfying :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Avec and I beat Garuda last night. It was awesome. I don't know if we just had an awesome party or what but it just took us three tries (and each try was a marked improvement on the last). DPS may be so plentiful that you have to wait a little longer in the duty finder, but I do enjoy that I almost always get to use the party's limit breaks.
I also don't know why the dragoon of all classes manifests the big Buster Sword and performs either Braver or the other omnislash-esque move, but I'm not complaining.

And then the cutscene afterwards, holy crap. Pretty amazing. I really do think the story in this game is fun. Another thing I like - the villians all have that FF12-style Judge armor that covers their faces and looks all intimidating. But now that I have the Dragoon armor, my face is covered and look every bit as imposing and badass as they do. Very satisfying :monster:

Grats! Wish I was on when you did it so that I could tank it with you. It would have made the wait less I am sure. But yeah, that is a fun fight and the scene afterward is pretty cool. Kind of a turning point. I like the empire as an antagonist. It is nice to have real people as antagonists and not just the primals. Real people are more interesting IMO than giant monsters.

AvecAloes

Donator
I'm really looking forward to seeing where things go with the Empire now. Everything we've seen of them up to this point have just been little glimpses, hints, and sometimes I'd even forget that they're antagonists as well as the Primals. Need more.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Woop just hit 50 on my Scholar/Summoner and finished the main quest. My god I wasn't expecting such an enthralling story from an MMO. Not the best under FF standards but way more involving than standard MMOs. Very pleased with it.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
The patch today is supposed to bring changes to the amount of tomestones awarded in dungeons. They are now:

Wanderer's Palace:
100 Philosophy
30 Mythology

Amdapor Keep:
100 Philosophy
40 Mythology

Garuda HM:
15 Philosophy
10 Mythology

Titan HM:
20 Philosophy
15 Mythology

This is awesome because I have been doing Amdapor runs to get mythology tomestones, but now they drop from Wanderer's as well. Variety is good. Plus I need a shield from there. :D

They are also changing the last Grand Company promotion quest. Instead of having to do Amdapor Keep to get the promotion, you only have to do Aurum Vale, a level 47 dungeon. This is also a good decision, IMO, because to get your level 50 GC weapon, you had to do Amdapor before. But many people believe you need a level 50 GC weapon or better as a DPS to do Amdapor, so it didn't really make sense. Now you can get the GC weapon as soon as you get to 50.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
You use them to buy gear from vendors in Mor Dhona. Philosophy ones can be traded for ilevel 70 gear and Mythology for ilevel 90 gear. I have done probably around 30 AK runs so far to get Paladin gear.

EDIT: This is why putting mythology into Wanderer's is nice. I have been doing Wanderer's the past few days to try to get a shield that drops there (most runs with FC members :)) because I got a little burnt out on AK. It will be nice that I can keep doing Wanderer's for almost the same amount of tomestones now. Of course, doing AK with FC members would probably make it more enjoyable too, instead of going with DF people.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah doing Wanderer's with you has been really smooth. We got a good handle on how to do it really quick if last time is any indication. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Okay...

First, how the hell do you sell things?!?!?!

I'm at level 12.

I'm trying to level up as much as I can and do side missions (I don't think they are strict storyline quests.) I'm at a point where I am in the blank space between the hardship of the side quests and my level.

I did start what I think was the storyline quests because I met and fought to protect Lady Liliana (I think that's her name, the Sultana's daughter), meeting and fighting with "The Handsome Stranger".

Any advice, basically? Should I keep on leveling up or should I move on to the storyline now?

I feel so lost without a guide. :P

Also, who is Typo Warrior?

Also, when are you guys on? I'm so alone!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I haven't been on recently due to subscription issues and because other reasons :monster:, but I'll be on more frequently in the near future, I think!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Okay...

First, how the hell do you sell things?!?!?!

You go to the city's marketplace (if you're in Ul'Dah, which given by your description of the mission I think you are, just take a right from the Adventurer's Guild and walk to the next area), talk to one of the merchants there, right-click stuff in your inventory you want to sell, and press 'Sell'.[/quote]

I'm trying to level up as much as I can and do side missions (I don't think they are strict storyline quests.) I'm at a point where I am in the blank space between the hardship of the side quests and my level.

Leveling at that point is basically a matter of following the main story quest and picking up sidequests as you go; if you are underleveled, you will simply not be able to pick up the next main quest. I was kinda stuck at that point (or thereabouts) because I couldn't find the next main questline quest; I had to google to go and find it.

Any advice, basically? Should I keep on leveling up or should I move on to the storyline now?

Just keep going - it's an open game / game world, have fun, do what you want, not what you think you should be doing.

Also, who is Typo Warrior?

Some dude, :monster:. Typo Warrior is Splintered: see also http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14482 for a list of names.

Also, when are you guys on? I'm so alone!

I haven't opened the game in ages; it just... doesn't do it for me. Besides, nobody of the free company is ever on, or talking, or asking advice, or looking for a group, ever. So much for social gaming, :monster:. I went back to Eve and haven't regretted it, there's just so much more social / group activity, voice chatting, things to discover and figure out, and much less focus (at least where I am right now) on leveling - if you can even call it that.

I'm gonna let my trial expire - already got the warning e-mail - and consider it a mis-buy. Not an overly pricey one, thank fuck. Sorry guys, but the game sucks.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

AvecAloes

Donator
Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahaha.

I'm still here, enjoying the game :P My alt character (Brynn Sunseer) is coming along quite nicely (Level 18 Conjurer, Level 7 Arcanist, Level 6 Thaumaturge). It's definitely a different experience going through dungeons as a healer, though (I've done 2 now?)...I have to resist the urge to "KILLINATE ALL THE THINGS" and focus on, you know, healing :P Still, the only time anyone has died on my watch was during my first dungeon run when my abilities all froze up (I shifted one or added one or something and so they all had to do that painfully long recharge and they weren't ready by the time the party got into another battle, which was my fault but I forgot about the recharge thing). I like it, but I also like the awesome power of destruction that my Black Mage is, hehe.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Well, Yop, it didn't sound like you were going to like it before you even bought it. Which is fine, since you like what you like. Just saying I am not surprised. I am still having fun at least, especially since I finally downed Titan Hard Mode after trying for 3 weeks. I had a horrible group formed from people in Mor Dhona. Then I got a DF group that facerolled him. Quite surprising.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Dammit that's awesome, haven't even touched Garuda yet. I did Titan (Normal fight) with a friend the other day and we still wiped on that several times so I am dreading the hard fight. On the other hand I enjoy the Ifrit HM fight so much that even after getting my weapon on the second try I'm still doing it now and again. XD

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Have you started your relic quest yet? If not, it requires you to defeat all 3 HM primals. So I would do it before trying to attempt Garuda and Titan. Two birds, one stone.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
True that. I have started it yeah just trying to find somebody to socket the materia into my weapon. Need a lvl50 Alchemist.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Originally scheduled to be released at launch, the Tower was held back for the upcoming 2.1 release. Designed as the only raid dungeon in the game to be tackled by an alliance of 24 players (three teams of eight), the Crystal Tower is a throwback to the final dungeon of Final Fantasy III and is rumored to contain enemies and bosses familiar to players who conquered Final Fantasy III (including Xande, Hein, and the Cloud of Darkness). While little else is known about the dangers that await players inside the gigantic structure, it is known that parties will not be tackling the dangers of the Crystal Tower as a cohesive unit - at least not at first. Instead, each party of eight will be entering the structure from a different point on the map, setting up some potentially interesting situations for teams to assist each other in accessing different areas of the Tower.

Finally, Square-Enix has confirmed that the Tower is not designed to be completed in a single sitting, so raiders can expect to spend plenty of time inside its crystal walls.

Awwweshum.

Good King Moogle Mog XII, Primal of the Moogles

:lol:

Players have also requested the inclusion of several iconic jobs in the Final Fantasy series, including Red Mage and Dark Knight, along with additional base classes to support their inclusion into A Realm Reborn. Yoshida has mentioned a desire to include additional casting jobs like Red Mage and Blue Mage, as well as more stealth-oriented occupations like Thief and Ninja.

Nice.

And, like you say, Gold Saucer. I like everything about this article :)

Top Bottom