The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
"Running into Ami" - lawl, Yop. :monster:

Idk if I'm going to pick it up yet. I've got a week off in January and I might start from there.

Lex

Administrator
I like that bulletin board idea Drax. And I'll keep our offer in mind for my level 30 warrior :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
During the opening keynote of the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn fanfest, being held in Tokyo, Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida announced two more jobs that will be introduced with the Heavensward expansion.
The new jobs will be the Astrologian and the Machinist. The first will be a healer using a Star Globe and divining tarot cards. The second will bea gun wielding DPS able to spawn mechanical turrets.
A few weeks ago the first job included in the expansion was announced as the Dark Knight, and now we have the second and third. Below you can see the first screenshots and the slides illustrating the two new jobs.
Now, if this doesn’t get you pumped for Heavensward, I don’t know what could.
My body is so ready for Machinist. This is the closest I'm gonna get to an Alchemist class (disregarding the crafting class) and I'm happy about it.

I love the idea of the Astrologian, especially seeing as Tarot cards seem to pop up a lot in this game as a concept.

Link, including pictures

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Astrologian looks fucking AWESOME I can't wait. Did you see the new race as well? :>

10858508_10152925695085871_1889159504030899575_n.png

10154414_10152925695320871_3803489389573018295_n.png

it's called Au Ra !

Lex

Administrator
^I might have to use one of those potions and change to that for a bit, that is super cool!

I'm right into Astrologian too, I really want to level that class. Not sure what the idea is behind introducing yet another DPS class though. With the new healer and tank things were finally completely even ;-;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There's always more DPS classes. The simplest possible explanation for it is that in a dungeon/raid there will always be more DPS classes there. A 2:1 ratio of DPS classes to Tank/Healer is how most MMOs do it.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah but what I'm telling you is that there would have been a perfect 2:1 ratio without this new dps class.

3 Ranged DPS: BLM, SMN, BRD
3 Melee DPS: DRG, MNK, Theifypants
3 Healer: New One, Bookymajig, WHM
3 Tank: Dark knight, WAR, PLD

With the new DPS the balance is THROWN OFF I TELL YOU

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
i attended my first wedding today... they paid for the premium wedding and tbh i don't think it's worth 40.00 BUT IT WAS REALLY CUTE and there were... a lot of people there
B5Wy9eZIEAAyzVw.jpg

It had three parts to the ceremony and group screenshot sessions, the cutscenes were pretty cute ! Not sure if you get the kissing scene unless you are premium though?? Whenever I have my standard wedding I'll know lol.

Lex

Administrator
WHO ARE YOU MARRYING I'M SO JEALOUS

Also congrats :monster:

Do you think people would get annoyed if I spammed the shoutbox with

lfm hume/mi'qote taller than me 4 ltr/marriage

people would be annoyed wouldn't they

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
NGL, I've been prism'ing the tux over every gear I wear. It looks cool in fights/raids--I'm all Jet Li an' shit

Next order of business:

1) Make a female, blonde, hume alt

2) Prism wedding dress, equip katana of some sort

3) Username: The_Bride

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think the FC permissions are different, it wouldn't allow me to use/buy company actions but I could before?I'm in the SOLDIER 1st group.

Also loving Rogue so far.

Lex

Administrator
I changed them way back. The main reason is that there are a bunch of people in 1st that we didn't actually know, but idk if they're still active/ coming back or not.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
oh apparently when you attend a gold or premium wedding you get a cute minion too, i just noticed it in my inventory...

KV1Ajj9.jpg

dH9YnK3.jpg

I FINALLY BEAT TITAN EXTREME AFTER A MILLION DFs. Finally was with a party where everyone knew what they were doing. It only took us so long because one of the tanks bailed during it and we made it to the last 18 mins and a new tank joined and... we did it... I'm crying i've been trying to clear this for months.

I also did Leviathan extreme which is really hard if you don't know the mechanics of the fight, I'm still trying to get used to them but pretty much have it down so it's getting less terrifying and more fun, lol. So now I'm going to try Ifrit ex and Ramuh ex. B) I'M EXCITED I really just want to try Shiva ex tbh, so I can get my diamond bow....

oh also! you can dye the tux if you want, I saw someone glamour a gold tux. I dyed mine pink :')

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
What bonuses do I need to buy/activate? I don't really use them so I'm up for anything. I use meals mostly.

As far as I remember, the people who aren't on these forums haven't been on for 50+ days.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I was just gonna put the levelling one on as there were no others active and I'm levelling Rogue.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Just activated one, and went ahead and bought 3 more. Let me know if you need moar.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I beat Ramuh extreme after some tries... It is a REALLY confusing fight. Once you get used to it, there's still a lot to remember... but it was really fun. Having some trouble with Ifrit and Shiva mostly due to the fact that people keep voting to abandon after 1 or 2 wipes. It's like... IT'S DUTY FINDER?? OFC YOU'RE GOING TO WIPE AT LEAST ONCE IN FACT YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU DON'T. I just hate that people give up and rob people new to the mechanics of learning the fight. It's like... I waited in queue for 30 mins just to have you fucking abandon after 2 tries. Seriously? We have 40 mins of the fight left and you'd rather sit in queue again instead of trying ok

Otherwise the Ifrit fight is easy... people just weren't following the rules. Shiva doesn't seem too tough but there's a major dps check later on that kept fucking us over. So if people could actually survive I'm sure we could have made it past diamond dust. OFC PEOPLE VOTED TO ABANDON BEFORE EVEN TRYING AGAIN .

smh sometimes this game is so frustrating. i wish i could gather a full party of 8 but.. it's hard to find people that are available when I'm online. The only time I was able to gather a full party of friends was the first time I did bahamut's coil T1 - 5. (thank god too bc on duty finder i could tell it would be a nightmare based on the rules of each fight) Since all my friends are pretty much experienced players, they can teach me step by step through vent/skype which makes things a looot easier

it just sucks bc the best way to learn is to DO. how can we do anything if people keep being assholes and vote to abandon. really you expect us to know exactly how it goes walking in? Watching videos and reading guides only do so much.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
BTW does anyone know where to find the number of FATES you've currently completed? it's driving me insane that i can't find it anywhere xnx

Lex

Administrator
^Agreed about the DF

Uh I think you can find that number somewhere in the in-game list of achievements? I remember looking for it when I was going for the big number of fates trophy but I can't remember if I found it or not :/. It's possible that there's only a non-visible counter, I could easily be wrong about that though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Ive seen people posting things like "I hit 700 FATEs today!" and I'm like... HOW DID YOU KNOW lol. Maybe there's an actual achievement when you hit that mark? bc I looked in the achievements list and didn't see it. x n x

I just want to know how long i must torture myself until I get the item for doing 3000 FATEs. (i dont think im even close tho... lol)

stiles

Call me a TREASURE HUNTER!
AKA
Locke
I dropped this a little after hunts were introduced. I think I switched servers and realized I issed my old FC ad just lost interest/stopped paying, either way, I plan to get into it again soon. Gonna save up money for a ps4 and play it on that unless I decide to get a gaming PC. Decisions, decisions.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Nice :)

I've been playing on Exodus server here and there for the last week. Barely got my bard the other day :reptar:

Top Bottom