The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Lex

Administrator
From that trailer it looks like a half formed version of Bahamut or something. If I had to guess the storyline will be that they're trying to recreate him or something.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Finished the Halloween event.

Also lulz at all the people making millions of gil pawning off the cookies.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I got a logistical question.

Let's say I wanted to invest in playing this as my first MMO.

How many months of subscription would I need to go through it all? How much would it cost?

I've never played FFXI or any MMO with a subscription fee before, so any advice would be appreciated.

Obviously I can't do it right now since I just pre-ordered two games, but it's looking pretty tantalizing right now.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It would depend entirely on how often/much you would be likely to play. When this was my main game I'd log on for a couple of hours every evening and can safely say that I'd played most of the content (finished the story and got to max level) within the month.

That said, I'm pretty focused when it comes to leveling and getting everything out of an MMO so I'd say play for a couple of months if you're likely to play regularly.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
More Heavensward News:

MScJBds.jpg

A new beast tribe (I don't think it's the playable race, more like the goblin and amalj'aa npcs)-- the Vanu Vanu, and their primal is the Bismark (Source and pics)

Also, the official site is up

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Read through almost all of the updates--this whole time I was thinking Rogue and Ninja were 2 different classes. Like, Rogue > Thief, and Ninja > Assassin, but Ninja is actually the job of Rogue. So that means Thief class is still a potential at some point.

Also,

Players who select Withdraw from the Duty Ready confirmation window or allow the window to time out without making a selection three times or more in one day, will be temporarily prohibited from registering for duties via the Duty Finder.

This count will reset every day at 9:00 a.m. (PDT).

Yay!

Lex

Administrator
^That duty finder thing is good news.

The part about a thief class though, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I read an interview a while ago (can't remember with who) that said the Rogue/Ninja class is as close as we're ever going to get to a thief class, because a Rogue is essentially a thief without the stealing and they aren't up for introducing a stealing mechanic.

That and adding another DPS class on top of the new DPS class would be dumb before introducing the new healer and tank.

If you think about it, with the new classes there are:

3 Melee DPS - Monk, Dragoon, Ninja
3 Ranged DPS - Bard, Summoner, Black Mage
3 Healers - Scholar, White Mage, New One
3 Tanks - Warrior, Paladin, Dark Knight

So after the expansion pack things are finally balanced.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
*Waits patiently for an Alchemist-like class. Hopes they just introduce Alchemist as a class and rename the DoH class to Mixer/Artificer/Brewer or some shit*

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
*Waits patiently for an Alchemist-like class. Hopes they just introduce Alchemist as a class and rename the DoH class to Mixer/Artificer/Brewer or some shit*

At the London fan fest, they teased the gun class by wearing a 007 shirt with a golden gun on it. While most would anticipate another ranged dps, apparently SE has made statements about the gun class to be not what people expect. Since there will most definitely be a healer class revealed for the expansion, many are wondering if the gun class will be a chemist type class, a la FF Tactics. We shall see...

Lex

Administrator
An alchemist healer class would make sense. I see damage and defense buffs in the mix (lol). Awesome sense :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Dragon Age has been preoccupying my game time enough for me to miss the Halloween events, but in the next few weeks I'll be jumping back in - at least, enough to finally hit level 50, maybe achieve endgame and BUY MY OWN ROOM IN THE HOUSE

;u;

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm thinking I need to take advantage of this free weekend. :monster:

Haven't picked this game up since finishing the main campaign and mainly haven't because I've been wasting the time I've paid for my fee. May get back to this sometime next month when my games settle down, as I've got two to play and another four on preorder status.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I hope this lets Square consider making (more) FFVII items and events in game. I know there's materia and name-dropping...

But I want a buster sword and venus gospel

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So I didn't take advantage of the free weekend. Boo, you whore.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
The game is perfect on PS4. Words can't even praise it.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Patch 2.45 notes

The marriage system is here!

Elaz200.png

Players can now pledge everlasting devotion to their significant others in a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding.

In order to hold a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding, players must first submit an application via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Eternal Bond site will become available later on.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
japanese psplus has a 14 day free trial going now

and i have a shitty ps3 which intermittently works :sadpanda: fffffffff

Top Bottom