The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Seems it's a deal that only works in NA for NA SE accounts, if reddit is to be believed. :closedmonster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Woop! Got my Summoner to Lvl. 60!

Took a break from the Heavensward Main Quest when I got access to Ishgard to level up the rest of the classes so I didn't have a bunch of unused armor clogging up my Armory Chest and to get most of the cross-class skills. All the War classes are Lvl. 16 now, the Magic classes are at Lvl. 30, and the Land/Hand classes are at Lvl. 10. And I've got 10 empty slots in each Armory tab...

Next up is to finish the Heavensward MQ and to get access to all the new zones and dungeons. And start raking in Esoterics... I'm still in my iLvl.130 gear... I should probably do something about that...

Lex

Administrator
^This is for you, these are always excellent resources for the best path to progression.

Need any help with anything in-game (like grouping up to get a faster queue) let me know, I've got that mentor status for a reason! :D (by this I mean it means I have a tank, healer and dps at 60 and know the content, nothing more XD)

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I'll be checking out the game in a bit, after this weekend.

I'll make sure to give Lex his refer a friend reward.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Waiting for this to set up now. Apparently the free trial is 30 days? Which is ridiculously long for a free trial :monster:

Should be a bitta craic

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^That's what I thought, but my account thing says 30 :closedmonster:

Maybe it was an E3 promotion or something? Or i could be misunderstanding entirely

Lex

Administrator
14 day free trial, first 30 days free when you purchase the game.

Remember when you're setting up a character it's Chaos (Data Centre) - Cerberus (World).

Lex

Administrator
You have to go for it at specific times of day, namely when the server resets (4pm our time/ 3pm in the winter, or Tuesday at 9am with the weekly reset) or when there's low activity (in the mornings). Also you can create a character on another server and then enact a server transfer.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It's 18 USD. So I'd avoid having to do that if possible.

I never have a problem making a character on Cerberus or logging on, but that's probably because my time zone is so many hours behind the rest of Europe. The few times I have had a full world, I usually just have to wait a minute before re-logging on and it works.

It is possible to save appearance data and then reload it. So you can totally make a character and fine-tune everything about them on a different server just to get the appearance data and then not make the character on that server. Then when Cerberus has room, just load up the appearance data and you'll be good to go.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Spent a few hours fecking around. It's remarkably similar to Civ V in that I constantly find myself saying "One more quest/level up and then I'll stop." And then proceed to do 12 more things...

Controls are taking a lot of getting used to, but that's what I get for playing a PC MMO on console I suppose :monster:

It's probably telling of my lack of MMO experience but I've found it so far to be a higher production value version of Neverwinter, albeit a tad less combat focused. Mind you I play an Archer/Ranger in both games so I've probably got myself to blame for a lot of the similarities (Love me some Ranger <3)

Oh oh! Absolutely love the soundtrack!

Also cheers Lex and Obs for talking me through a whole bunch of schtuff and showering me with gil :awesome:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The controls feel weird on PC too. Although that might be just be because I've been playing FPS games for so long and the idea of not moving constantly is counter intuitive to me. I don't know how it's set up on PS4, but on the PC, the "A" and "D" keys aren't set to "Strafe Left/Right" by default, but to "Turn Left/Right". Switching them to be Strafe keys really helped.

FFXIV soundtrack is awesome! And has a lot of variety for dungeons and boss fights.

There'll be plenty of combat... Just wait until you get to the first Primal fight and then realize that there's three versions of that fight with harder and harder to master mechanics. And one of the fastest ways to get XP is by running dungeons. You just have to get to around Lvl. 15-20ish for the options to start opening up. Before that, you're kinda limited to just doing quests and killing random stuff.

Since you're on your first class, don't do any side quests other then the Main Quest and Quests with the plus icon (those unlock game features and things like extra dungeons). You'll get plenty of XP from the Main Quest for your first class, but if you do all the side quests, the other classes will have a harder time leveling up as they won't have that extra XP source. I think the only time I did any side-quests was around Lvl 45-50ish so I could unlock the last couple of Main Quests.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I don't think I've done a single side quest with my later classes, besides beast tribes and class/job quests. Experience is so easy to get, what with the armory bonus, the Helm of Light, the Brand-new Ring, Roulette,FATES, leves, and, for the first 20 or so levels, just killing stuff. I have a ton of side quests th T I haven't needed to even glance at. The game practically throws exp at you once you have a class hit 60.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Fun stuff this week.

Finally defeated Shiva Extreme! Goodby old Primals, Hello HW ones...

Got all the Crafting classes up to Lvl 15 which is where the first round of Cross-Class skills are located. And kudos to SE for making Crafting it's own mini-game as opposed to just clicking the button to mix a bunch of mats together with a chance of it failing... now to get the Gathering classes up...

Finally got to Idyllshire! And with enough Tomes of Eso get the iLvl. 200 armor! Almost done with the HW MQ...

It's funny how used I get to relatively flat maps that are pretty easy to navigate and where cliffs can be assumed to be the edge of the map. So it's really cool to see what the map designers can do when areas don't have to be connected for players to reach them. The HW field maps have some of the most spectacular views I've seen in a 3-D video game in a long time. Actually, I feel like a lot of their structure is what I'd expect to see in the background of maps to give the illusion of depth.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
obtw I guess I'm having this play me again.

Why are the story questlines so boring and unrewarding? I mean it's just grinding through dialogs and moving from place X to Y without any rewards but XP and monies you can't use for shit besides vanity shit (spending on equipment is a waste because it's irrelevant at a higher level or at top level, maybe unless you're doing a second class).

giev epic loot pls.

Top Bottom