The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Currently BiS is the highest iLvl available. So Susano weapon, Lakshmi accessories and Ala Migo gear (well, technically Genta gear, but nobody has that yet). We won't be able to find stat weights until we get multiple sets of the same iLvl and can start comparing numbers (or if someone wants to do the really expensive step of messing around with materia) as Main Stat always outweighs everything else so heavily.

But to give you an idea of how SMN stats are currently looking... I've got an iLvl of 316 (Susano weapon, Lackshmi accessories, Ala Migo gear, Genta ring, belt, hands) and this is what my stats look like with some VI materia thrown in.

INT - 2254
VIT - 1506
Crit - 1583
Det - 904
DHR - 1262
SpS - 967

As far as SMN stats go, I don't see them changing much from HW where Determination and Spell Speed were neck and neck far behind Crit. Only Crit and DHR will be vying for the top two stats and we won't know exactly which one is better until further testing. Given that SMN has no forced Crit in their abilities, I'd bet that DHR will be weighted more heavily. But there's no way to know and you'll more then likely want enough Crit to get both DHR and Crit on Deathflare, Ahk Morn, Bane, etc. fairly often.

Spell Speed is going to be an interesting one due to how Wyrmwave has an internal cast time of 1.5 sec. The ideal for SMN is fitting in 11 different abilities into the Bahamut summon (5 oGCD, 6 Ruin II casts) and your cast time has to be slow enough that you don't have to weave your oGCDs too fast.

Det is well, Det. You're going to get some, but you need all the other stats to make good use of it.

For more info on 4.0 Summoner, here's the best guilde/overview currently out:https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6k7jve/eirene_snows_comprehensive_thoughts_on_40_smn/

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Currently BiS is the highest iLvl available. So Susano weapon, Lakshmi accessories and Ala Migo gear (well, technically Genta gear, but nobody has that yet). We won't be able to find stat weights until we get multiple sets of the same iLvl and can start comparing numbers (or if someone wants to do the really expensive step of messing around with materia) as Main Stat always outweighs everything else so heavily.

But to give you an idea of how SMN stats are currently looking... I've got an iLvl of 316 (Susano weapon, Lackshmi accessories, Ala Migo gear, Genta ring, belt, hands) and this is what my stats look like with some VI materia thrown in.

INT - 2254
VIT - 1506
Crit - 1583
Det - 904
DHR - 1262
SpS - 967

As far as SMN stats go, I don't see them changing much from HW where Determination and Spell Speed were neck and neck far behind Crit. Only Crit and DHR will be vying for the top two stats and we won't know exactly which one is better until further testing. Given that SMN has no forced Crit in their abilities, I'd bet that DHR will be weighted more heavily. But there's no way to know and you'll more then likely want enough Crit to get both DHR and Crit on Deathflare, Ahk Morn, Bane, etc. fairly often.

Spell Speed is going to be an interesting one due to how Wyrmwave has an internal cast time of 1.5 sec. The ideal for SMN is fitting in 11 different abilities into the Bahamut summon (5 oGCD, 6 Ruin II casts) and your cast time has to be slow enough that you don't have to weave your oGCDs too fast.

Det is well, Det. You're going to get some, but you need all the other stats to make good use of it.

For more info on 4.0 Summoner, here's the best guilde/overview currently out:https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6k7jve/eirene_snows_comprehensive_thoughts_on_40_smn/
if I'm being honest, I'm disappointed because I got my hopes up and you crushed them

that said, I HAVE seen info on DH v Crit, and for classes that don't rely on Crits (i.e. everything but like monk and bard), DH is the new god-stat. Tenacity is surprisingly more useful than anticipated, with something like .001% returns (1% increase and decrease per 1k), which isn't half bad at all. Re: SMN, I feel like SS will continue to be excellent, though I question whether or not dot ticks can DH (can they idk?).

Samurai will obv. prioritize DH, maybe Crit and Det. SS is crap here.

RDM will want less SS because of cooldowns, so much the same as Samurai.

it's 8:30 am and I can't think of anything else. hell I tried to type 8:30 as 8L3) like three times

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
that said, I HAVE seen info on DH v Crit, and for classes that don't rely on Crits (i.e. everything but like monk and bard), DH is the new god-stat. Tenacity is surprisingly more useful than anticipated, with something like .001% returns (1% increase and decrease per 1k), which isn't half bad at all. Re: SMN, I feel like SS will continue to be excellent, though I question whether or not dot ticks can DH (can they idk?).
DOT ticks can both Crit and DH. SS also makes you're DOTs hit for more flat damage as well, but the damage gain is nothing like Crit/DH. Basically, SMN has two skills that go off every 3 seconds for 80 potency combined and the more often they Crit/DH the better. SS never makes DOTs hit more often and aside from the Ruin family of spells, all of SMN's other damaging ability are oGCDs, and SS doesn't effect the damage those do in any way. Fester, Painflare, Deathflare, Ahk Morn, and Wyrmwave are all the major burst damage SMN has, and none of those are effected by SS. So while it is more meaningful then Det is, it's not a stat you're actively trying to get more of.

That's an interesting note about Tenacity. It looks like the type of stat where it's garbage for synced low-level content and great for hard-hitting bosses when you can actually have something like 1k Tenacity...

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I should note that SMN was my main going into HW :P

I wasn't sure if dots could DH, though, since the name sort of implies...not...that.

I mourn the loss of the holy trinity of Bio II/Miasma/Bio, and even long-ass cast time Shadow Flare ;.;

Tenacity is probably going to be terrible until near the end of the expansion cycle where it's easy to get a crapton of it (and by then I'm sure they'll have buffed it at least once as well).

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
So you should all have received an invitation to my wife and my's in-game wedding. It's a Gold Plan wedding so any attendees will get a Demon Box. The timing was a bit odd because of my work shift, I work nights she works mornings.

July 13th, 5:00 PM Eastern Time
This is 9 PM GMT if I'm not mistaken.

1. If you didn't get an invite, friend me when you're on and I'll mail you one along with a bunch of the unpurchaseable party favors that I bought in bulk.
2. If you can't attend, I'm gonna Twitch the thing and save the video so if such things interest you, you can at least watch it later.
3. Along with the FC guys we are inviting the rabble too for impressive looking cutscenes.

Update on this since it's in two days. The above still applies:

1. If you are uncertain where to go, you are heading for the Ivory Chapel in the East Shroud (Teleport to Hawthorne Hut and hike or ride through the Bramble. There's a path that leads north past Larkscall).
2. MEETUP: It's recommended that everybody try to show up roughly 10-20 minutes before hand. It's not possible to get in once the show has started alas.
3. ATTIRE: Whatever you feel like wearing. I'm twitching this so look your best. If you want to wear formal attire lots of good options exist. The MGP gear (particularly the Riviera stuff), Best Man gear, Bridesmaids gear, High House stuff, etc. Grand Company uniforms are also great imho.
4. RECEPTION: We're not gonna eat up any time past the ceremony but her and I are probably going to do the ceremonial dungeon Honeymoon run. We haven't decided what yet, either gonna do a dungeon, or maybe just hit up Gold Saucer. Still working that out but if you want to join us on a dungeon run if we do it that's cool, otherwise that's more for us.

Hope you all can make it, if not no big deal we're twitching it anyways so ya'll can see. Thanks guys!

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
It's not a real FFXIV wedding unless you have a dozen catgirls chasing around a bunch of naked Lalafels shooting Heavenscrackers at them with a drunk Roe splashing wine over the rest of the guests.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well the first wedding I attended, people were dancing naked and/or with fat chocobo heads on in the aisle before the grooms came down it, so :monster:

I already have a dressy outfit from that one, will likely use the same thing. I got the idea from this site here actually, it shows a lot of nice combinations and what the gear names are so that you can get them from the market board. I just used the filter to make the search specific for my gender, race, etc. Eventually I found a nice combo. :D I did change some accessories and colors though.

Lex

Administrator
Raided with static on normal, cool peeps! Promising. Got my 320 omega gear for the legs, feet and waist, next week gonna get one drop for the head from O2, feet on O3 and O4 and idk from O1, probs an accessory. Excited for savage!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
^ Stuff like this is why I deferred the DRG writeup to you. You're a fookin' legend, mate. :thor:

Edit: Got my SAM to Level 60 today. Some Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe quests finished him off. Here's him rocking the full Hellfire Armor in the Ifrit Stage (0:23 solo clear time, fyi):

19959133_264162227400894_1141943666563938632_n.jpg

19904974_264161390734311_4910837815052230089_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
JT I am so sorry I missed this, I would have logged in if I'd remembered!!!! I feel shit :(

Wish someone had buzzed me, I've just been chatting on discord for the past two hours (not blaming anyone else I just wish I'd remembered). It looked awesome <3

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
More pics. I was spamming the print screen button so the quality varies a bit. I also should have turned my graphics settings to the max beforehand because the framerate wasn't important, but I didn't think of it.

It was a fun wedding, thanks for inviting me. :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Gawgeous <3

JT I'm so glad I got to your wedding on time, and Joe can take most the credit for that. I was playing FFX when he sent a message about your wedding 'starting in 5 minutes?'
I've never moved so fast in my life :closedmonster:
Saved X as I turned the PS4 on, turned PS2 off as I opened up XIV, logged in, teleported to the correct place (also thanks to Joe, responding to my frantic texts), and raaaaan on my chocobo, thank fuck for faster mount speeds :closedmonster: Made it about 25 seconds before the thing started.

:reptar: BUT I MADED IT

It was lovely, You and your wife looked fabulous JT, she was especially gorgeous ^_^ The floating at Costa del Sol afterwards was fun too, put me in a peaceful mood. :D Thanks for the invite!
I didn't realize it was a plus 2 as well, so I'd forgotten to ask anyone else to tag along. :O But I'm just happy I got there on time <3 Thank you for the invite, and for recording the whole event and, again, thanks Joe for reminding me in the nick of time :awesome:

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
As promised, an barrage of Youtube videos. The whole shebang is in 6 parts:

Fun fact, the code for this is: rINoA-AFfXc which contains both Rinoa and FFX and the remaining two letters are A,C... Advent Children? So that's three FF references in this code. Life is funny.

Dungeon participants were my wife and I, Flintlock as our second heals (my wife is only a healer) and Joe as our Tank.

Sitting on the docks at Costa seemed a good way to end it. And the emote weirdness was... odd...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Live Letter is out! http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...e-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

One big thing mentioned is the job changes are also coming in 4.1, not just 4.05 so some changes are not making it into 4.05.

Good stuff

Lvl 70 tank accessories are getting some STR on them. Apparently it's going to be a low enough amount of STR that STR materia will still be able to be used on them. Also, stance changing will not reduce either the Oath Gauge or Beast Gauge! DRK and WAR are both getting some type of damage buffs. Storm's Path combo will do more potency. Shake It Off will have a different effect, but that's not coming in 4.05.

SCH is getting Miasma II back (SMN isn't). Emergency Tatics now has a 20sec CD. Changes to Aetherflow/Aetherpact.

AST is getting their abiltiy to discard Royal Road effects back. And both SCH and AST are getting their Aetherflow and Cards put back in the party list in 4.1.

BLM is getting some changes. Which is needed since BLM players found out they did more damge by sticking with the 3.X rotations... Foul no longer costs MP. Triplecast now has a 60sec CD and Fire/Blizzard IV has a slightly lower cast time.

SMN will be able to change Bahamut's size in 4.1. Yes, they will still get to have the big one if they want it and yes, that's all we got from them abut SMN changes...

MCH are getting their overall base damage increased. Hot Shot is increasing damage by 8% and only increasing the Heat Gauge by 5. Quick Reload is no longer reducing the Heat Gauge. Overload is getting doubled... And a lot of other stuff...

DRG is getting Mirage Dragon's animation shortened. Dragon Sight now has a 12-yalm range. Elusive Jump will have a 30sec CD. BOTD is now 20sec long.

Job gauges are getting looked at to see if they're really making certain jobs less or more complicated to play (think Bard). Low-level dungeons will be getting adjustments, mostly along the lines of lower mob HP. The Lochs are getting instances back due to Ixion spawn problems.

Stuff that has me concerned

Q5. It was explained that in Patch 4.0 the focus was to reduce the large DPS disparity, but certain jobs feel more reliant on player skill than others. Are certain jobs intended to maintain that difference?

A5. One of the main concepts of FFXIV is that &#8220;when playing a job, you experience the uniqueness of that job.&#8221; Due to this, there is a difference in difficulty between the jobs, and it used to be that higher difficulty meant more DPS. We will be scaling down this factor.
This mentality has me concerned... One of the biggest complaints the other mage jobs have about Red Mage is that it is doing more damage then they are and it has a simpler rotation then they do and more utility. So from their perspective, they feel like it has to work less to do more damage then they do. And one of the biggest complains about SMN is how for having a 2 minute build-up/rotation, it's damage feels lackluster (and when you do the math it is *resists rant*). BLM meanwhile has to deal with constantly moving around, which RDM can do with much less penalty. Long story short, players feel those jobs are more difficult then RDM is and don't fell like it's as rewarding to play those jobs as it should be. SMN didn't get any skill specific changes mentioned like BLM did, so I guess we'll have to wait for 4.05 to hit to see what's done with it, but... the mentality that all jobs are supposed to do similar DPS regardless of job difficulty leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like, I'd get it if that's what they're supposed to do on average, but when two jobs have to do way more optimization then another one does just do similar damage... Yeah, I don't know, that seems like it could lead to job animosity among the player base if that's SE's offical stance on the issue.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
They had to shorten BOTD because it's absolutely trivial to remain in BOTD / LOTD as it is right now. That annoys me but I get it.

Edit: Probably still won't be that hard if you're able to hit your target and you skill speed is high enough. Some fights I can see being a problem are the ones that were tricky anyways like O3 (so much moving around).

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
They had to shorten BOTD because it's absolutely trivial to remain in BOTD / LOTD as it is right now. That annoys me but I get it.

Edit: Probably still won't be that hard if you're able to hit your target and you skill speed is high enough. Some fights I can see being a problem are the ones that were tricky anyways like O3 (so much moving around).
No... They lengthened BOTD. It's currently 15sec and it will be changed to 20sec.

:)

Top Bottom