Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tiff, you have no proof. :monster:

My sig? Cloud just dyed his hair. :awesome:

shoe: They have eyecontact, Cloud's just too dumbstruck at seeing Aerith again. :P

@tennyo: DESSIE BIO, NOW *whips*

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
That doesn't prove anything. It's supposed to be flowers. It's a typo damnit. A GOD DAMN TYPO RIUGTHE3UGTHYHGRTFYAUGE

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Alright, the spam is hitting critical levels in here. Jokes are fine, but they shouldn't be dominating the thread, which they are.Take it back on topic, kiddos.

Ryu scared everyone away~ <3

WELL lets get back to debating or something then~

So, as far as I know, our resident CloAer are Drake and McChan's, so Debating might be abit hard on them, but I'd really like to know some views on certain things from a Cleris standpoint, which I have always wondered, and no I dont care if they've already been discussed, yes even within this very thread, do it again.

-Views on revised CoT lines (If your aware of them)
-Views on the phrase used in the Ultimania's to describe the lifestream scene as 'exchanging mutual feelings' which we know Tifa's feelings are that of romantic interest, and we just saw Cloud's 'secret wish'.
-Views on the fact that the only time Clouds feelings are mentioned in a romantic manner wether they be in the past or not, are always in reference towards Tifa, and no outspoken answer has been given for Aerith (Examples are Dimly/Secretly fell in love with Tifa, Exchanged mutual feelings, an important woman and the mother of the family they started, ect.)

That will be all for the moment~ (My most interested interest is views on the revised CoT, since I think thats outright flirting on Cloud's part.)

It would be awesome if more CloAer would join and debate as well, since Im very curious and willing to see things with an open-mind, or to see from different viewpoints, but defend my own as well. <3

Debate. Nowz.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'll be honest with you guys (and this is probably a very Clerith thing to say) but I couldn't be bothered to read CoT, revised or original. :monster:

I'll be honest with you guys (and this is probably a very Clerith thing to say) but I couldn't be bothered to read CoT, revised or original. :monster:

Is this out of some sort of Clerisy derived jealousy? Or are you just to damn busy. :awesomonster:

You've no excuse for the other viewpoints! Discuss.

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna
5 hours since the last response? Someone post something about the LTD nao!!

I have a question: IN ACC, what happened to the picture that the 4 took together - it seemed to have been replaced by a picture with Cloud and his the kids. Am I wrong?

BTW:
aimiconworkitcloti.gif

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
By popular(?) demand :monster:

Who is Cloud really destined for?

Aerith. Cait sith says:

{CAIT SITH}
&#8220;Ok&#8230;then here it is-&#8221;
{NEW PAGE}
&#8220;You two were MADE for each other!!&#8221;
{NEW PAGE}
&#8220;{AERIS},you're star and {CLOUD}'s star,says-&#8221;
{NEW PAGE}
&#8220;a bright future is awaiting you both!
But destiny was for Aerith to die. So in a way, it was tifa all along given they are childhood sweethearts. But the crux of it is, Aerith was more compatible.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Aerith. Cait sith says:

But destiny was for Aerith to die. So in a way, it was tifa all along given they are childhood sweethearts. But the crux of it is, Aerith was more compatible.
Cait Sith is a corporate puppet. What makes his interpretation any more valid than, I don't know, Scarlet's or something.

And how is Aerith more compatible? Any reasons why?

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Cait Sith is a corporate puppet. What makes his interpretation any more valid than, I don't know, Scarlet's or something.

And how is Aerith more compatible? Any reasons why?

because cait's predictions are a deliberate plot device by the writers. His predictions are literally correct. As was "what you seek will be yours but you will lose something dear" i.e. Aerith will die but you will find the black materia and sephiroth.

Cait sith says that they were made for each other. This is the writers directly telling you it (you just have to realise that they come up with any number of ways of doing it. using Cait was a bit crappy but was the way they thought of). However, if you want to go by destiny then obviously tifa was the one, since aeriths destiny was to die, but it is clear by what the writers have wrote, that they consider aerith to be more compatible.

That is my opinion on it....I just feel the writers have told us what they think.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
5 hours since the last response? Someone post something about the LTD nao!!

I have a question: IN ACC, what happened to the picture that the 4 took together - it seemed to have been replaced by a picture with Cloud and his the kids. Am I wrong?

BTW:
aimiconworkitcloti.gif

I believe it is still on his desk. The new pic is by Denzel's bed, and is probably another shot in the same roll of film, In Universe.

Aerith. Cait sith says:

According to Cait Sith, a corporate spy whose fortune telling is described as unreliable in his profile.
AND Regarding a Cloud who was partly Aerith's lost love at the time.
He also said he saw a great future for them. OOPS.

because cait's predictions are a deliberate plot device by the writers. His predictions are literally correct. As was "what you seek will be yours but you will lose something dear" i.e. Aerith will die but you will find the black materia and sephiroth.

Or, he will gain Tifa, but lose his heroic self image.
Or he will find himself, at the cost of his entire mind for some time.
That prediction is VAGUE AND INFALSIFIABLE.
It is, ergo, WORTHLESS.

Cait sith says that they were made for each other. This is the writers directly telling you it (you just have to realise that they come up with any number of ways of doing it. using Cait was a bit crappy but was the way they thought of). However, if you want to go by destiny then obviously tifa was the one, since aeriths destiny was to die, but it is clear by what the writers have wrote, that they consider aerith to be more compatible.

You aren't familiar with the term 'red herring', are you?

That is my opinion on it....I just feel the writers have told us what they think.

So do I, but they aren't telling us what you think they are. And I do mean LITERALLY telling us.

A

Great Old One
Note that it was also the writer's decision to use Cait Sith as a complete fake.

:monster:

Last edited:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Ryushikaze

to lose something dear is obviously Aerith imho. We can argue about that but what good would that do.

A writer doesn't place in a whole scene about Aerith and Cloud being a perfect match for no reason. They do it deliberately (as a writing enthusiast myself, I know I would). By that time Cait/reeve is sorry for what he has done in the past. If the writers didnt believe that aerith and cloud were a perfect match, that whole scene would not have existed. You have to ask yourself what the point would be of adding it if it meant nothing.

But the original question was who was Cloud destined for and the answer is Tifa, since Aeriths destiny (pre planned destiny) was to die.

I find the idea that the writers are telling the audience something more logical than "it meant nothing at all and they added a scene for nothing"

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
The thing is, DLPB, he's a fake. A fake will only put out guesses (it can be incorrect or correct), not tell the truth or know the truth. So who's to say that the writers put it there to make what Cait Sith said to all be correct, when we later find out that he's a fake? That's something given by the writers too. It just contradicts against Cait's Siths statement so we can't use that properly as proof.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
to lose something dear is obviously Aerith imho. We can argue about that but what good would that do.

It's OBVIOUSLY anything. Neither value 'something dear' or 'what you seek' are defined at all, which makes it perfect foreshadowing, but shitty fortune telling.

A writer doesn't place in a whole scene about Aerith and Cloud being a perfect match for no reason. They do it deliberately. By that time Cait/reeve is sorry for what he has done in the past. If the writers didnt believe that aerith and cloud were a perfect match, that whole scene would not have existed.

Except the entire point of disc 1 is to prep us for the one two sideswipes of Aerith's demise and later Cloud's true self and motivations. It's a feint before the haymaker. That's the entire point of Cait's big prediction and quick and easy sacrifice of himself. He is PARODY of the whole affair, and the entire point is that his prediction there is wrong. He exists to soften you up for the killing blow later on.

But the original question was who was Cloud destined for and the answer is Tifa, since Aeriths destiny (pre planned destiny) is to die.

Except he is 'destined' to be with Tifa because he wants TIFA, not 'because Aerith died.'

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
A writer doesn't place in a whole scene about Aerith and Cloud being a perfect match for no reason.
Of course not. They put it in as a red herring. One of many red herrings that will be exposed with the plot twist in the second disc.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Of course not. They put it in as a red herring. One of many red herrings that will be exposed with the plot twist in the second disc.

That is possible....but we would need the writers to tell us, although....destiny and compatibility are 2 different things. Telling us that Aerith is more compatible isnt necessarily a red herring. It is more likely true and then later on when she dies this gives the story a more dramatic appeal. The destiny was for Aerith to die but the compatibility was Aerith and cloud.

:) End of the day destiny was tifa wasn't it....no matter what the compatibility argument. I think we can agree on that.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
That is possible....but we would need the writers to tell us
If a writer's say-so is necessary in order to analyze a work of fiction, then universities around the world may as well close up their English departments.
End of the day destiny was tifa wasn't it....no matter what the compatibility argument. I think we can agree on that.
The whole idea of a red herring is it leads you to believe the opposite of what is actually true. If Aerith being his destiny is a red herring, well then ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom