Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
a skirt and a sleeveless top
a skirt and tank top
lb_08_08_08_main_06_v1_m56577569831202280.jpg

denim%20skirt%20and%20tank%20top.jpg
In defense of the "the outfit is skanky" argument, what she wears is far more provocative than what's being described and shown here. It's a miniskirt that stops maybe an inch or two lower than her crotch, unbuttoned, and a tight sports bra. I'd say the most conservative thing about it is that it doesn't show cleavage, but then, it doesn't really need to.

tifa.jpg

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
The english script isn't the originally written script, that's the point.

oic.

Hypocrisy and misogyny however, aren't subjective, especially if you call yourself a fucking feminist. You got on your high horse saying crap about her being slutty and crap, which completely contradicts your premise of being a feminist and what not, since you're practicing the behavior that feminism (you know, *real* feminism) condemns. The opinion is based on a bullshit foundation.

You just went in a giant loop and lost me.

....What? And no, she fucking hasn't. Where the hell did that idea come from?

About 5 pages back, we were talking about it last night.

Congratulations at missing the point of the story! Good job! Because clearly, all Tifa and Cloud felt for each other was a childhood love!

:)

Is there something more wrong with women gunning for sex than men? Sluts is derogatory, but being a player is considered cool. I mean, just watching Six Feet Under and seeing Nate, who regularly goes around and has sex with women, he's supposed to be looked at as cool, while his girlfriends same desires are seen as unhealthy and disturbed. :hohum:

So what IS the point anymore?

Did Tifa and Cloud have sex because she's sex hungry and she's just gunning for sex?

Or did they have sex because they really care for eachother?

Because I've heard both sides of that argument and I'm lost as to what's actually being fought for anymore.

But anyway I'm off to town now, I'll bbl. <3

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Hell its their fault if they get raped after all.
You have no idea how many arguments I get into with people who seriously use that as an argument for why women shouldn't dress so provocatively. Really now? It's not the issue of the rapist who thought they should violate some woman because they thought she looked "easy"? Good to know this attitude is alive and well, doods. :awesome:

Did Tifa and Cloud have sex because she's sex hungry and she's just gunning for sex?

Because I've heard both sides of that argument and I'm lost as to what's actually being fought for anymore.

Point is she loved Cloud. But the issue is more "Well, does this make her a slut?" and that's a stupid fucking question because NOTHING shows that she's willing to spread her legs for any hobo who walks by.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What the fuck? She's wearing boots and thick argyle socks with metal clasped suspenders, elbow guards, arm/hand gloves, and t-shirt with no fucking nippling.

Jesus, there's outfits sold at Hot Topic, Macy's, and Dillards that are more provactive than this. Let's have some perspective here, please.

@Channy

I'm not surprised I lost you, with the hypocritical argument you just gave. Not surprised at all.

:facepalm:

You *really* have to ask, if they had sex because they cared for each other?

Do you SEE why I doubt if she's played the game and read anything here?!?!

I still think she's pulling our leg. Srsly.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It's a miniskirt that stops maybe an inch or two lower than her crotch, unbuttoned, and a tight sports bra. I'd say the most conservative thing about it is that it doesn't show cleavage, but then, it doesn't really need to.

All the last girl needs to do is show off her belly, and she's basically wearing the same thing as Tifa. It's not Tifa's fault she has big breasts, either. That's like saying a girl is born a slut, because she couldn't stop her boobs from growing.

Jill's a slut! Who fights zombies wearing a mini-skirt?! I'm sure the way she dresses should be the first thing on her mind!
200pxJill_Valentine_Resident_Evil_33.jpg

Same with Tifa, and fighting ShinRa. Screw the people, screw her feelings, she should be concerned with what she's wearing. That's what really matters.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
What the fuck? She's wearing boots and thick argyle socks with metal clasped suspenders, elbow guards, arm/hand gloves, and t-shirt with no fucking nippling.

Jesus, there's outfits sold at Hot Topic, Macy's, and Dillards that are more provactive than this. Let's have some perspective here, please.

I didn't know that you pay attention to what a women wears on her feet in regards to it being sexy or not.

Oh wait I did. :monster:

Srsly you guys, despite you all taking the piss out of what I said I still lolld and love you all. This is how debate discussions should be made rly. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
For reference:
ff4cgrydiaxm2.jpg
Fucking slut-ho. :awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I dunno, more of her skin is still covered than on Tifa. :monster:

okay shit stop distracting me I rly gotta go :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Jesus Christ this thread got asinine. Seriously what the fuck.

This is what I get for looking in this shit.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I dunno, more of her skin is still covered than on Tifa.

Rosa takes the slut cake.

Rosads.jpg

Apparently.

Okay. I'll call Tifa's outfit what it is: Perfectly fine.

Edit: Her skirt isn't unbuttoned. O_O

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Not reading all of the pages that popped up, but I wanted to quote something for truth:

The point of the Highwind scene is that something intimate happens between Cloud and Tifa. Whether someone perceives it to be them cuddling all night or having full-on sex will depended mainly upon the kind of person they are, but the fact that it happens, and it happens whether you're not very nice to Tifa or not says something in itself.
FUCKING THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU GOTTA GO KTHXBYE!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
There's something about the idea of Channy criticizing women who seek attention that amuses me. :monster:

I am wracked with such hearty guffaws that in addition to rolling to and fro on the floor, my posterior has separated itself from my body.

lisette

Rookie Adventurer
Ravynne said:
In defense of the "the outfit is skanky" argument, what she wears is far more provocative than what's being described and shown here. It's a miniskirt that stops maybe an inch or two lower than her crotch, unbuttoned, and a tight sports bra. I'd say the most conservative thing about it is that it doesn't show cleavage, but then, it doesn't really need to.

It's no nun habit, true, but I didn't think it was so provocative that one would look at her and immediately think "easy/slut". When I look at her, I see a martial artist wearing appropriately sporty clothing, and a woman who's confident in her body - I don't think anything's wrong with that.

But all I'm saying is let's call it what it is. And "sleveless top and a skirt" is what it is not.

Sorry, I guess I was thinking of her cowboy outfit - unless that was a bra too...

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
This thread is making me sad now. :(

I can't take any of this Tifa is a mercenary little whore with empty sex in her mind seriously. It's so transparent, and obvious that because you can't find anything real to use against Tifa, you'll latch onto anything to try and make her look bad.

/facepalm

And yep I am getting really heated over a fictional character being bashed on. :offended:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Meh, it is transparent, and it is stupid. It's the stupid rapid Clerith crap, they throw on Tifa because she's "competition". Period.

I get tired of it too. Hell it pisses me off. Whenever I read this stupid crap I just...

Rageoriginal.jpg

Get really mad.....

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Honestly, I think a lot of them already do. But they're too emotionally invested to let go.

This. A thousand times this.

I dunno, they go pretty far just to not be able to say "I was wrong"

Emotional investment in their conclusion. Same as with fundamentalists.

I think one of the reasons an official statement hasn't been made on who Cloud is with is because there's so much controversy and discussion over the love triangle. I mean ... I have to wonder if some Cleriths wouldn't support FF stuff anymore if they were wrong... I dunno.

Oh pish tosh. This LTD is a molehill, not a mountain.

7 years. But they've only been reunited about two weeks by the start of FFVII.

But two weeks is for true love :flipmonster:

Was it two weeks? I thought he spent longer recuperating at 7th heaven than that.

My own views do suck but experience has shaped them for me. So I'm not about to go changing them willy nilly because it sounds better.

Edit: Regarding Rikku she didn't wear panties. She wore a bikini. :monster:

To which there is no effective difference and many a joke has been made with a woman wearing a 'borrowed biking' she later learns is underwear and then only freaking out.

Tifa just opened the door for scantily clad women everywhere. You go girl. :monster:

Tifa ISN'T scantilly clad.

Yeah, tasteful is subjective. Infact the entire thing is subjective, hence why I expressed my opinion regarding the whole thing because Celes asked. Perhaps you should get off your high horse and actually accept the fact that not every Clerith is out there to press opinions into facts, and some are, in fact, just out there to share opinions?

It'd help if they acted a bit more like it.

Her boobs are huge. Compared to Lulu probably the same size.

And...?

Actually we were talking about whether or not Tifa slept with anyone else, where have you been? :monster:

How about we talk about whether or not Aerith slept with anyone else, then? Surely that won't be an insulting or irrelevant topic, then.

Yes because knowing of a childhood love suddenly turns the crank for any girl.

Cease these strawmen. NOW.

Ninira: I didn't say stereotgypes, I said experience.

What I meant by that was that girls I knew irl who dressed like Tifa = sluts/looking for attention. Women in the media who dressed like Tifa = sluts/looking for attention.

I'm sure there are women out there who are the opposite but as I said, experiences shape a persons views. And with other experiences to shape me from, I'm surprised I'm not a full on racist. :monster:

So if YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR CORRELATION IS FALLACIOUS, WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN IT?

In defense of the "the outfit is skanky" argument, what she wears is far more provocative than what's being described and shown here. It's a miniskirt that stops maybe an inch or two lower than her crotch, unbuttoned,

Unbuttoned? Are you referred to the loose bit of extra belt?

and a tight sports bra. I'd say the most conservative thing about it is that it doesn't show cleavage, but then, it doesn't really need to.

'Tight sports bra'... I'm curious exactly how you know her underwear status since we never see them. Because that is a high neck sleeveless T-shirt (yes, a bit of a contradiction, but it's distinguished from a tank top that way)

For reference:
ff4cgrydiaxm2.jpg
Fucking slut-ho. :awesome:

Totally. She and Asura, to say nothing of her and Whyt... hooboy.

I dunno, more of her skin is still covered than on Tifa. :monster:

Not really. Especially not the bits of which that are considered provocative.

Rosa takes the slut cake.

Rosads.jpg

Apparently.

One order of Rosa Cake, please.

But yes, if Tifa is slutty for her ensemble, I call harlot on both unbuttoned pants Yuffie, and front ubutton + cleavage Aerith, to say nothing of all the other FF heroines, especially those who give us panty flashes, like that dirty Jezebel Selphie!

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
It kinda makes me wonder which came first: Do they hate Tifa because they hate Cloti, or do they hate Cloti because they hate Tifa? Chicken vs. egg thing.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It kinda makes me wonder which came first: Do they hate Tifa because they hate Cloti, or do they hate Cloti because they hate Tifa? Chicken vs. egg thing.

I'd argue they hated Tifa first, for being the 'other women,' which became hate for the C/T pair because the 'inferior' Tifa couldn't possibly beat Aerith for Cloud's affections, because X, Y, Z, feeding back into further Tifa hate.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I definitely don't get the "skimpy outfit = slut" and "sleeping with someone whom she's loved and who's loved her since childhood = slut" arguments coming from someone who claims to be a feminist. Shouldn't feminism be about allowing women to do things that empower them without being judged for it?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Dacon said:
She's wearing a sleeveless top, and a skirt.
Just because the top is, incidentally, sleeveless, does not make it a "sleeveless top." In fact, there's a difference between a "tank top" and a "sleeveless top." Perhaps not in lay terms, but in terms of clothing, there's a difference in strap width. For that matter, there's a difference between a "tank" and a "cami," though most people just call any top without sleeves a tank top.

A sleeveless top simply lacks the sleeves, but the arm holes are still cut as though there would be sleeves, and the neck is the same as it might be on a shirt with sleeves.

ep_pro5003.jpg
This is a "sleeveless" shirt, though the collar isn't necessary.

The arm holes of a tank top are cut inward and they generally have a wider and lower cut neck, so that the strap is only an inch or so thick.

hk.f.tanktop.2.jpg

This is a tank top.

Then there's the kind of "tank top" that actually has thin straps like a bra. This is called a camisole, as it resembles the lingerie in style.

camisole_.jpg

This is a camisole top.

None of them traditionally reveal the midriff, so you have to use aditional terminology to imply that.

What Tifa wears is a sports bra. It's different from just being "a short tank top" because of the elastic band underneath the bust.

Now while her choice of a sports bra isn't all that scandalous&#8212;and certainly recommended given her DDD breasts&#8212;it's the fact that she wears a miniskirt when much of her combat style involves kicking and backflips that calls her outfit into question.

Since I have to leave for work and won't be here when someone asks, I know these things because I have spent the past year selling women's clothing, swimsuits, and the occasional lingerie, and I have to use this terminology and know exactly what they mean on a daily basis.

And yes, I'd wager that Tifa has something close to DDD, just eyeballing my PlayArts figure. Cup size is determined by measuring the ribcage directly beneath the breasts, then measuring the fullest part of the bust (nipple line), and subtracting the former from the latter. And on Tifa that's quite a difference.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
What Tifa wears is a sports bra.

Now while her choice of a sports bra isn't all that scandalous—and certainly recommended given her DDD breasts—it's the fact that she wears a miniskirt when much of her combat style involves kicking and backflips that calls her outfit into question.
I think what she wears is closer to a tank-top. I have one similar to it that also bares my midriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom