The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKA
Sunna.
Yeh I know They were both being bashed but I felt as though People were 'Bashing' Aerith in regards to Tifa.

You feel that Aerith was being bashed with that statement about her clothing? I thought you might have found the marks against her personality as offending too, lol. While I agree with what powerslave said, I wouldn't go so far as to say her personality is 'slutty' because she's clingy. It's hard to blame Aerith for liking Cloud, like I said.

I think it's interesting that Tifa haters find Tifa to be a slut for how she dresses, but not characters like Rikku and Rosa who dress in much more revealing attire. I wish a Tifa hater could explain exactly how that works sometime. Maybe when Channy gets back, she'll enlighten me. :awesome:

And, do Aerith haters even exist anymore?

Yeah, But I know how the character acts I don't need to defend that, because that honestly changes depending on whom it is watching the character, certain people like certain kinds of Characters. I don't think Tifa, Rikku, or Rosa are sluts. I don't think their Attire reflect their personality, I would'nt judge a Character on their outfits.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always attributed Tifa's outfit to the fact that she was a bartender. A little sexy, and then a white top with black bottoms. lol

I mean lots of places have white tops and black bottoms as their uniform.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So we're still discussing the slut thing? Good, good, I don't want to miss much. I'll be gone most of the weekend. Don't have any awesome discussions while I'm gone, okay :)

crack

Donator
No, I don't think that Tifa or Aerith were being bashed. At least, not intentionally. The discussion was about Tifa being regarded as a slut to Tifa-haters, because of her clothes. If Tifa was to be judged by her clothes, Aerith could simply be regarded as one for her flirty personality/clothes. Both ridiculous statements that don't mix together. Tifa haters are mostly CA fans, and Aerith haters derive from CT fans in my opinion. No one was bashing either character, unless one regards as an 'if' statement a fact. No one in the game is a slut. If SE intended them to be a slut, we'd definitely know it.

But hey, Cloud might be the biggest slut out there. Scarlet comes to a close second.

Heart-Is-Chained

It's all the same...
Right quick, quick, let's talk about something completely different while Quexinos is away.

No really lol I agree Tennyo, It is a very sort of bar-maidy type outfit, I mean it is still seen slightly in AC as she is still wearing a white tank top. It is a bar-maids outfit for her.

Also, craackitlackin1, what do you mean Cloud "might" be a slut o_O

And i've noticed mostly rabid CxA fans hate Tifa, I'm a CxA fan ut I prefer Tifa over Aerith lol and i've noticed alot of CxA shippers actually like Tifa as well :/

I think it just depends on the person of course. lol

crack

Donator
Also, craackitlackin1, what do you mean Cloud "might" be a slut o_O
Tifa: The childhood love.
Aerith: The destined lovers.
Sephiroth: His bitch.

And i've noticed mostly rabid CxA fans hate Tifa, I'm a CxA fan ut I prefer Tifa over Aerith lol and i've noticed alot of CxA shippers actually like Tifa as well :/
I used to be a CA supporter as well, and I hated Tifa to the point where I made all this anti-crap for her. After I became CT, it was still hard for me to like Tifa. Aerith is still my fav. character, and tbh Tifa doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
No, no, no, Cloud is Sephiroth's bitch. Why do you think he says "...on your knees, I want to see you begging..."? :P

Heart-Is-Chained

It's all the same...
Tifa: The childhood love.
Aerith: The destined lovers.
Sephiroth: His bitch.
Lol Oh i know...That's why I had to ask why you used the word might...I always thought it was pretty obvious Although I do think he's Sephy's bitch and not the other way

But I think that maybe... it isn't always character prefernace, some people in this very thread have said, alot of CxA shipper dislike Tifa, but I dont' think there's any proof of that :/

I'm also a bit like you crack, I don't like Aerith much, but I still ship her with Cloud lol, weird huh? But maybe that's cos I don't care much for the LT :awesome: I still love these emotes...

My posts are totally off topic man...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Celes bby I came back for you. <3

Tifa ISN'T scantily clad.

Compared to others she is.

How about we talk about whether or not Aerith slept with anyone else, then? Surely that won't be an insulting or irrelevant topic, then.

Wasn't there a whole thread for that? And it caused a shit load of drama?

So if YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR CORRELATION IS FALLACIOUS, WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN IT?

Because it's fun? :awesome:

It kinda makes me wonder which came first: Do they hate Tifa because they hate Cloti, or do they hate Cloti because they hate Tifa? Chicken vs. egg thing.

I hate Tifa for Tifa. :monster:

I definitely don't get the "skimpy outfit = slut" and "sleeping with someone whom she's loved and who's loved her since childhood = slut" arguments coming from someone who claims to be a feminist. Shouldn't feminism be about allowing women to do things that empower them without being judged for it?

So feminism means sleeping with as many guys as you want without ever once being called a single name or being judged on it? You sir live in a fantasy world, for that is not feminism.

Well, I thought Aerith thew herself at Cloud way more than Tifa did.

If only dressing revealingly (but not throwing yourself at a guy) is "slutty", then may I be excused for saying that being flirtatious is also "slutty"? After all, in the first case you're only dressed to look sexy; in the second case, you're advertising your "availability". For whatever.

In that case Aerith is "sluttier" than Tifa is.

You sound like you were actually going somewhere before sarcasm hit you. :monster: Elaborate?

I've never heard of such a statement, and we've got the early material files and staff interviews on FFVII's development right here on the front page :monster:

And for fuck's sake, how you dress doesn't NOT SPEAK OF HOW SLUTTY YOU ARE. Ever. You cannot reasonably, or fairly judge someone like that. Especially if you say you're a feminist. It's contrary to any belief or view a "Feminist" holds.

How you dress does not pigeonhole or determine if you're a woman who sleeps around or has sex for fucking money. Nor does it justify any sexual harassment a woman may get. Get that misogynous crap out of here, please.

It's all a stupid TRAP to try and insult Tifa and show her as some cock hungry whore to invalidate her relationship and eligibility to be with Cloud.

You sir, need to take a chill pill.

Again.

That reminds me why, when I first played the game and up until the minute she died, I didn't like Aerith. The first thing that popped into my head was that she wasn't respecting the relationship between Tifa and Cloud - ie she was what is commonly known as a boyfriend stealer, I believe. Because even though Cloud answers that Tifa is special to him, Aerith continues to hit on him.

I'm sorry? Whose boyfriend was she stealing when Cloud said that he and Tifa weren't together, nor did Tifa? I think that if Tifa had at least the balls to step forward and take Aerith aside asking her to step off, Aerith would have. But as far as she was concerned, he was fair game.

Message to young girls: even if a guy tells you, yeah, he's got someone special - continue to hit on him, by all means. Aerith teaches us the value of PERSISTENCE.

Aerith teaches the value of persistence and Tifa teaches the value of a slutty outfit. Put those lessons together and you have yourself a maneater. :awesome:

You feel that Aerith was being bashed with that statement about her clothing? I thought you might have found the marks against her personality as offending too, lol. While I agree with what powerslave said, I wouldn't go so far as to say her personality is 'slutty' because she's clingy. It's hard to blame Aerith for liking Cloud, like I said.

I wouldn't say Aerith was clingy. It's obvious that she's coming onto him, and why wouldn't she? She sees all the traits of her first love in him. You're not exactly going to just let that walk away from you, you'd do anything you could to try and recapture that, and obviously she was.

I wouldn't find it all that offensive. And really, I don't understand why everyone else is finding it so offensive to think that Tifa would sleep with someone else either.

The thing that people seem to be forgetting is that IT'S A GAME. Over the last few hours I've read posts about people getting so riled up over Tifa being called a slut and the thought of her sleeping with anyone else other than Cloud (God forbid she could have another bf in those 7 years) and really it's just sad now guys.

I'm Clerith, sure, but I don't easily take offense to my pairing or my fav heroine. I don't hold Aerith on a fucking pedestal like she's my God and argue with you all over blasphemous thoughts and accusations. I don't think she's zomg pure of heart, soul, mind and body, the likelihood of her having been with a guy is just as likely as Tifa. Because 7 years is a long time for shit to happen.

Aerith has just as many faults as Tifa's, but the point people seem to be completely missing is that when I first played the game and was presented with this scantily clad woman, I initially thought: slut. My opinion. My own. Not fact or religion I'm not trying to push on anyone else. So stop trying to push your "zomg Tifa so pure" trufax on me because again, opinion, your own, keep it to yourself.

I thought the point of the LTD was to HAVE FUN.

But clearly I'm in the wrong place.

I think it's interesting that Tifa haters find Tifa to be a slut for how she dresses, but not characters like Rikku and Rosa who dress in much more revealing attire. I wish a Tifa hater could explain exactly how that works sometime. Maybe when Channy gets back, she'll enlighten me. :awesome:

And, do Aerith haters even exist anymore?

The thing with that is, is that I fell in love with Rikku's personality in X when she was sans slut. An yeah, I definitely thought less of her and Yuna for going through costume changes like that. I never said I didn't. But I didn't know that by saying one chara was a slut, we were suddenly taking into account every other woman in the whole series. Silly Channy.

There's something about the idea of Channy criticizing women who seek attention that amuses me. :monster:

What are you saying, sir? :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So feminism means sleeping with as many guys as you want without ever once being called a single name or being judged on it? You sir live in a fantasy world, for that is not feminism.
No Chanz, wrong. No such analogy was made, you're making up your own. You are just arguing an argument that never existed in the first place. Congratz. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Over the last few hours I've read posts about people getting so riled up over Tifa being called a slut
Speaking for myself, it has nothing to do with Queen Tifa being called anything. I've never been a crazy Tifa fan. It's that you call someone -- anyone -- a slut based on her appearance alone, then proclaim yourself a feminist. Does not compute.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Compared to others she is.
Compared to Rosa, Rydia, and others? Seriously? No she isn't.

I hate Tifa for Tifa. :monster:
No, you hate Tifa for your perception of Tifa, which has little to do with who she actually is.

You'd be taken a lot more seriously without the ridiculous straw man arguments, since I never argued anything of the sort. However, a world in which a woman who chooses to sleep with multiple men is derided for doing so is clearly a world in which feminism is still necessary, and anyone who derides her for doing so cannot be much of a feminist.

I'm sorry? Whose boyfriend was she stealing when Cloud said that he and Tifa weren't together, nor did Tifa? I think that if Tifa had at least the balls to step forward and take Aerith aside asking her to step off, Aerith would have. But as far as she was concerned, he was fair game.
That would be a valid argument if Aerith didn't continue hitting on Cloud even after he says Tifa's his girlfriend. As it is, his response makes no difference to her actions.

Aerith teaches the value of persistence and Tifa teaches the value of a slutty outfit. Put those lessons together and you have yourself a maneater. :awesome:
:facepalm:

I wouldn't say Aerith was clingy. It's obvious that she's coming onto him, and why wouldn't she? She sees all the traits of her first love in him. You're not exactly going to just let that walk away from you, you'd do anything you could to try and recapture that, and obviously she was.

I wouldn't find it all that offensive. And really, I don't understand why everyone else is finding it so offensive to think that Tifa would sleep with someone else either.

The thing that people seem to be forgetting is that IT'S A GAME. Over the last few hours I've read posts about people getting so riled up over Tifa being called a slut and the thought of her sleeping with anyone else other than Cloud (God forbid she could have another bf in those 7 years) and really it's just sad now guys.

I'm Clerith, sure, but I don't easily take offense to my pairing or my fav heroine. I don't hold Aerith on a fucking pedestal like she's my God and argue with you all over blasphemous thoughts and accusations. I don't think she's zomg pure of heart, soul, mind and body, the likelihood of her having been with a guy is just as likely as Tifa. Because 7 years is a long time for shit to happen.

Aerith has just as many faults as Tifa's, but the point people seem to be completely missing is that when I first played the game and was presented with this scantily clad woman, I initially thought: slut. My opinion. My own. Not fact or religion I'm not trying to push on anyone else. So stop trying to push your "zomg Tifa so pure" trufax on me because again, opinion, your own, keep it to yourself.

I thought the point of the LTD was to HAVE FUN.

But clearly I'm in the wrong place.
When your interpretation of the game's characters disregards substantial sections of the plot, and you ridicule characters for doing things that any reasonable human being would do in the same situation (such as calling Tifa a "slut" for dressing up for a guy she has a crush on/sleeping with him after they realise their mutual feelings for each other), then yeah, there's a pretty damn big reason for people to get offended. They may not be real people but the standards you use to judge fictional characters say a lot about who you are as a person.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Sephiroth is scantily clad compared to Cloud with his cleavage window, so what?

gtfo

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
Yeah I get a little riled when someone calls Tifa a slut for a really, REALLY dumb reason. Forgive me.

So you wanna chide us or whatever for defending her, when you like to fancy Tifa some sort of cheap skank who waits for opportunities(Aerith's death)to hump Cloud.

And you choose to believe this mess despite there being nothing to support it. And you're doing this to a GASP! fictional character, too.

:(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom