The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg11130#msg11130 date=1232946346]
Even Aerith was talking about him finding his light, which obviously means that she herself is not his light.

That's why the whole "there are two kinds of light, and Aerith is Cloud's inner light!" idea spurted up.

I don't think Aerith would tease Cloud either, pretending not to be his light, inner or not. Also, Cloud had a reaction to Tifa's bright light. With Aerith, he looked like this:

">_>"

The whole time she was talking.
[/quote]

I also got the impression from that scene, that he promised Aerith to come back so she would just leave him alone. And in the end he didn't come back.
Always avoided speaking it in LTDs before, because could be easly claimed as Aerith's basher.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg11125#msg11125 date=1232940975]
Cleriths insist that the couples reunited in the ending credits, including Cloud/Aerith... does that mean these two are a pair of lovers as well?

ju76fd.jpg

Thanks, crack. :monster:
[/quote]

If that's crack, then what the flip is up with all the princesses appearing together on that staircase? :-X

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

does anyone know the info regarding the original advent children?

it was originally to be about Cloud, Tifa and the kids?
and he was supposed to get a letter from Tifa or something? right? :-\

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

He never promised. x'D

Also, that royally sucks. If anything, it's Cloud bashing- he was acting like a douche.

Their interaction was indeed weird in that scene: Aerith was trying to make him promise to come back and Cloud looked like he was willing to say anything just to run away as fast as possible.

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

BBM, I think that link was to the first version of the game's script. I need the Final Mix script, because it conatains scenes that weren't in the other one, like Aerith and Sora's coversation about Cloud.

I appreciate the effort, though.

I wonder why it's difficult to find... :/

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

[quote author=juniper link=topic=53.msg11163#msg11163 date=1232962293]
BBM, I think that link was to the first version of the game's script. I need the Final Mix script, because it conatains scenes that weren't in the other one, like Aerith and Sora's coversation about Cloud.

I appreciate the effort, though.

I wonder why it's difficult to find... :/
[/quote]

You mean this? ;D

Aerith: "At the coliseum, is there a person with a big sword and pointy hair?"
Sora: "Yeah"
Aerith: "...I wonder if he's still searching for him..."
Aerith: "Hey, Sora."
Aerith: "If you see him, tell him not to do anything rash."
Aerith: "He's not a sociable person, but if something happens to him, there'll be other people besides me who'll be sad."

I've never played Final Mix myself, so I'm not sure if this is absolutely correct.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg11165#msg11165 date=1232964694]
[quote author=juniper link=topic=53.msg11163#msg11163 date=1232962293]
Aerith: "At the coliseum, is there a person with a big sword and pointy hair?"
Sora: "Yeah"
Aerith: "...I wonder if he's still searching for him..."
Aerith: "Hey, Sora."
Aerith: "If you see him, tell him not to do anything rash."
Aerith: "He's not a sociable person, but if something happens to him, there'll be other people besides me who'll be sad."
[/quote]

I've never played Final Mix myself, so I'm not sure if this is absolutely correct.
[/quote]
I think I did that translation, years ago now :monster:

[/random]

spirit3d

Rookie Adventurer

and he was supposed to get a letter from Tifa or something? right?
Right. The DVD staff commentary with Nomura, Nojima and Nozue and the Advent Children Reunion Files books make reference to the "orignal" 20 minute movie, I think? The others could probably help you out with text from the actual source.

Also, randomly found an IGN that references the "original" movie here:

http://retro.ign.com/articles/870/870770p7.html

Fans had to wait until 2005 to get the true sequel they wanted.

It started as a simple visual presentation planned by Visual Works, Square's in-house CG company, with VII as the theme. Nojima wrote a simple twenty minute script around Cloud receiving a note passed along by children. The sender was eventually revealed to be his girlfriend... Tifa.

Towards the end of VII, subtle hints dropped that Cloud and Tifa had spent the night together and were starting a relationship. After all, Cloud kept his childhood promise to always be there when Tifa really needed him. Nojima felt certain they would be together in post-Meteor Midgar, and his enthusiasm to close the loop caught on fast.

Advent Children opened the floodgates. Benny Matsuyama's novella Maiden who Travels the Planet detailed Aerith conscious existence as a part of the Lifestream after her death, and her role in stopping Meteor. Nojima-penned short stories were collected as On the Way to a Smile; one, Case of Tifa was about Cloud's uncharacteristic pursuit of his lady-love, resulting in that uncharacteristic smile when he finally admitted his feelings.
Biased IGN writer should be sacked :P

And back...like, waaayyyyy back when you guys were still on single digit pages, Tennyo replied one of my posts. Just wanted to tell her that I'm Frostrevenant, a.k.a Frosty off the old ACF :)

haichinamie

Banned

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg10719#msg10719 date=1232740496]
Just something that amused me highly that I thought I'd share.

I got a friend of mine who's never played Final Fantasy at all before, to play FFVII, and she had hardly any real exposure to it at all, save for Kingdom Hearts.

She's just about beaten it, and is on her way to the Northern Cave, and I asked her what she thought about the relationship between Cloud and Aerith, and she was all, "What relationship? They hardly knew each other." She thinks Cloud and Tifa were the ones made for each other.

I just had to LOL at that :monster:
[/quote]

Your opinion does not matter unless it's by a Japanese friend who dines at WACdonalds.

Anyway, isn't an original hand-drawn OVA going to be included with ACC complete? I wonder who it will center around and how much fuel it will add to dis ~fiya~

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Was it before, or after you became a complete and utter rat bastard traitor and accordingly lost all of your knowledge of Japanese, Hitobito? Because that makes all the different as to whether we can trust that translation or not. :monster:

Also, WacDonalds Ficto burgers are delicious, but the imaginary pounds are hard as hell to get off. You have to write a story about you dieting and exercising regularly to get them off.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=spirit3d link=topic=53.msg11190#msg11190 date=1232979918]

and he was supposed to get a letter from Tifa or something? right?
Right. The DVD staff commentary with Nomura, Nojima and Nozue and the Advent Children Reunion Files books make reference to the "orignal" 20 minute movie, I think? The others could probably help you out with text from the actual source.

Also, randomly found an IGN that references the "original" movie here:

http://retro.ign.com/articles/870/870770p7.html

Fans had to wait until 2005 to get the true sequel they wanted.

It started as a simple visual presentation planned by Visual Works, Square's in-house CG company, with VII as the theme. Nojima wrote a simple twenty minute script around Cloud receiving a note passed along by children. The sender was eventually revealed to be his girlfriend... Tifa.

Towards the end of VII, subtle hints dropped that Cloud and Tifa had spent the night together and were starting a relationship. After all, Cloud kept his childhood promise to always be there when Tifa really needed him. Nojima felt certain they would be together in post-Meteor Midgar, and his enthusiasm to close the loop caught on fast.

Advent Children opened the floodgates. Benny Matsuyama's novella Maiden who Travels the Planet detailed Aerith conscious existence as a part of the Lifestream after her death, and her role in stopping Meteor. Nojima-penned short stories were collected as On the Way to a Smile; one, Case of Tifa was about Cloud's uncharacteristic pursuit of his lady-love, resulting in that uncharacteristic smile when he finally admitted his feelings.
Biased IGN writer should be sacked :P

And back...like, waaayyyyy back when you guys were still on single digit pages, Tennyo replied one of my posts. Just wanted to tell her that I'm Frostrevenant, a.k.a Frosty off the old ACF :)
[/quote]

Thank you soo much :-*....
what a fun read..

A

Great Old One

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=53.msg11147#msg11147 date=1232954698]
[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg11125#msg11125 date=1232940975]
Cleriths insist that the couples reunited in the ending credits, including Cloud/Aerith... does that mean these two are a pair of lovers as well?

ju76fd.jpg

Thanks, crack. :monster:
[/quote]

If that's crack, then what the flip is up with all the princesses appearing together on that staircase? :-X
[/quote]
Or Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck? Or those dancing mops? True love. :monster:

Sometimes I think the only thing that would ever satisfy Claerith fans is if Cloud and Tifa had a wedding scene with ghost-Aeris as the priestess.
(Then Zack would stand in the back, and give Cloud a thumbs up for his great catch)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Also, WacDonalds Ficto burgers are delicious, but the imaginary pounds are hard as hell to get off.

I saw an Ad about losing weight right after I read that, and just had to chuckle. :>

Anyway~
I think I did that translation, years ago now

Really? I can't remember where I snagged it from. x'D Aerith is such a dear with her "there'll be other people besides me who'll be sad" line- not that selfish girl that the Clo/Aer ideas make her out to be.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=spirit3d link=topic=53.msg11190#msg11190 date=1232979918]And back...like, waaayyyyy back when you guys were still on single digit pages, Tennyo replied one of my posts. Just wanted to tell her that I'm Frostrevenant, a.k.a Frosty off the old ACF :) [/quote]

orly? I don't remember what I said. :monster:

Good to see you all the same, though. :) Mayhaps you should use the AKA feature? lol

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

About that "something warm" Cloud is running from in KH2, and it being like what Tifa was after in AC, what does that mean, exactly?

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Well, yeah.

I guess I was wondering if it were talking about something more. I dunno. ^^

Isabella

Your Mom

It's mirroring his story in AC. He's running from comfort and happiness because he's too obsessed with his darkness/weaknesses. He's got to defeat his darkness in KH in the same way he has to defeat the memories that are dragging him down in AC.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

A happy, trouble free Cloud? He does scarper away from his comfort when he feels he doesn't deserve it, and since his KH2 story is a mirror of his AC one, yeah.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Shademp link=topic=53.msg11258#msg11258 date=1232997914]
Sometimes I think the only thing that would ever satisfy Claerith fans is if Cloud and Tifa had a wedding scene with ghost-Aeris as the priestess.
(Then Zack would stand in the back, and give Cloud a thumbs up for his great catch)
[/quote]

Aerith's blessing is mandatory, indeed. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom