The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Wait? Rydia? Heroine of FFIV? Bullshit. ROSA is the Heroine, but she does still fit the 'end in A' rule. Also, RinoA, Garnet/ Dagger (Real name Sara), Yuna. FF12 breaks the pattern though.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg13054#msg13054 date=1233478786]
Wait? Rydia? Heroine of FFIV? Bullshit. ROSA is the Heroine, but she does still fit the 'end in A' rule. Also, RinoA, Garnet/ Dagger (Real name Sara), Yuna. FF12 breaks the pattern though.
[/quote]

Ashelia? :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Hey, Hito, or anyone else who has the UO, could you verify the existence of this translation? I would check myself, but I do not have the complete UO on hand, just bits and pieces.

Kalm Flashback
[ Tifa's Diary ]

I wonder if Wel, Dan, Meiday, and the other boys who left the village are doing alright?
All the boys left for the city. They all called me out to the water tower. They all said the same things.
Ah, except for Cloud. He said something about joining SOLDIER?
I wonder how long he's been thinking about that. He was always pretty distant from everyone else, but still worried about what everyone thought.
Honestly, he was kind of a strange kid. Always getting into fights. It wasn't like he was fighting because he was angry, more like he was testing something. What was he trying to test? His own strength?" -Final Fantasy Vii Ultimania Omega

Also, if it is extant, is the given translation accurate or editorialized?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=53.msg13083#msg13083 date=1233489874]
[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg13054#msg13054 date=1233478786]
[/quote]

Ashelia? :monster:
[/quote]

Yar Ashe is just her nickname. Her real name is Ashelia. And when she's incognito she's Amelia.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

What, Vaan's not the Heroine? I wondered why she got by without a shirt... Also, Refia from the DS remake.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Kalm Flashback
[ Tifa's Diary ]

I wonder if Wel, Dan, Meiday, and the other boys who left the village are doing alright?
All the boys left for the city. They all called me out to the water tower. They all said the same things.
I wonder how long he's been thinking about that. He was always pretty distant from everyone else, but still worried about what everyone thought.
Honestly, he was kind of a strange kid. Always getting into fights. It wasn't like he was fighting because he was angry, more like he was testing something. What was he trying to test? His own strength?" -Final Fantasy Vii Ultimania Omega

Hey, it's that mystery quote. 8D It came up in debates, but I never questioned it, even though I had no idea where it came from. :/

Amalia. :monster:

hat, Vaan's not the Heroine? I wondered why she got by without a shirt

She should really take tips from that Larsa chick!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg13354#msg13354 date=1233521218]
Hey, Hito, or anyone else who has the UO, could you verify the existence of this translation? I would check myself, but I do not have the complete UO on hand, just bits and pieces.

Kalm Flashback
[ Tifa's Diary ]

Also, if it is extant, is the given translation accurate or editorialized?
[/quote]
I should be able to verify it. I was the one who did it :monster:

This is one of the early scenarios that were cut from the game. Any questions about it in particular?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg13390#msg13390 date=1233525376]
I should be able to verify it. I was the one who did it :monster:

This is one of the early scenarios that were cut from the game. Any questions about it in particular?
[/quote]

Not after learning it was cut from the game. In that case, I give it as much credit as I do Rookie SOLDIER Cloud and NYC.
Thanks, Hitobito.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Yeah, stuff cut from the overall final story have no clout. They were REJECTED for a reason. Unless we have official staff come out and say, "Oh well it's just a tamer version of that we really wanted. You know, for da kiddies." :P

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Well, the Chocobo scene doesn't count. But the statement that 'we toned it down' refers to the final scene that exist, so we can use the older version that they toned down to get an idea of the underlying idea of the modern scene.
But yeah, stuff that got rejected, whupdesmeg. Like the dialogue they cut out between Aerith and Tifa about Tifa's mother's pendant that occurred in Nibleheim, but was removed from the game.
Or the option to leave 7th heaven and subsequently get chewed out by Johnny for being a jerk to your childhood sweetheart, only to return to the bar and agree to keep working with AVALANCHE.

Or any number of things in various games and RPGs that didn't make it to the final product. If it's not in the final story or something relevant to it, it doesn't count.
Unless, y'know, Luke Starkiller, Villainous Valorum, and Lightsaber wielding Stormtroopers are valid for Star Wars Ep IV.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Or the option to leave 7th heaven and subsequently get chewed out by Johnny for being a jerk to your childhood sweetheart, only to return to the bar and agree to keep working with AVALANCHE.

Really? That was taken out? I can't remember what dialogue is in FFVII between Cloud and Johnny, but I know he says something about Cloud and Tifa's childhood. Do you remember what it is? I'm just curious now.

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg13622#msg13622 date=1233599338]

Really? That was taken out? I can't remember what dialogue is in FFVII between Cloud and Johnny, but I know he says something about Cloud and Tifa's childhood. Do you remember what it is? I'm just curious now.
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y1k5Y6C_Pg#noexternalembed&feature=PlayList&p=05177041D0BEB9EA&index=4

This should answer your question.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Thanks a ton, and "Aww". I don't remember that at all. Does it not happen if you continue to talk to Tifa, instead of saying "...Sorry." ?

Tifa=Angel of the slums. :>

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg13632#msg13632 date=1233600316]
Thanks a ton, and "Aww". I don't remember that at all. Does it not happen if you continue to talk to Tifa, instead of saying "...Sorry." ?
[/quote]
Whether he says 'Sorry' or not does not matter in this scene. The player used a Gameshark code in order to gain free movement even during the dialogue, and subsequently leave the bar/Tifa when you are not supposed to. That is how these secret scenes were uncovered.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Similar dialogue occurs elsewhere, but minus the 'how can you leave your childhood friend' bit. IIRC, the line is something like 'I guess I can't compete with you, childhood friend', which is really interesting, because Johnny recalls Cloud as a childhood friend, and being in SOLDIER with Cloud (though this might be that he remembers trying out for it with Cloud, since he wasn't in SOLDIER long at all either).

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

So, is this another one of the rejected scenes, then? I'm not familiar with Dismantled.

FF7 Dismantled - the Chapter of Scenario Page 138

Cloud: in 8th Street

After successfully blowing up the first reactor, we decided to disperse once and run away separately so as to avoid attention. The rendezvous would be the station in 8th Street, last train for Midgar. People were confused about the news of terrorist attack, and the street was dim because of the unsteady supply of Mako energy. Here I met a flower girl. She’s a girl with impressive eyes. She’s around my age, or elder by one or two years. But the innocent radiance in her eyes simply makes her suddenly look younger. Unexpectedly, I came to think of the color of my eyes. Bathed in Mako energy, they shine a pale light, and this is what labels me a SOLDIER. For me, it’s the mark of my enemy, Shinra, so I desperately want to erase it. “Excuse me, what happened?” She asked me the question, and then I bought a flower from her, which is rare in Midgar. Maybe she’s pleased that the flower was sold, because the worried look on her face had vanished. If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase.

So can I tell any Cleriths who use this as proof that Cloud's really into Aerith to eff off now?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Wasn't Cloud a fake at that time, anyway? :monster:

Regardless: "If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase."

That's so cute.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg13887#msg13887 date=1233608398]
Regardless: "If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase."

That's so cute.
[/quote]

That's what I thought when I first read that, too. It's adorable.

The Clerii like to use it as evidence that Cloud is hitting on Aerith or something. But it just seems like Cloud would say something like that in a really innocent way. More matter-of-fact than flirty. Because he's a dork.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

It was. Benny Matsuyama wrote the little diary-like sections for Dismantled, and that quote is one of them.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

Yeah, so they're just meant to amuse us. Ya shouldn't throw 'em around like gospel.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Shippers typically blow the little moments like that out of proportion. No one is going to deny that Cloud liked Aerith or even that there is a definitive romantic element to their interactions. You have a certain amount of choice in the matter as a player.

It's just that it's useless proof in the context of the full story.

A

Great Old One

Well, that quote may be true or not true. But at least we already know that Cloud probably thinks Tifa is beautiful. I mean, stalking her? There has to be a reason for that.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

It's because he wanted to fit it with the others. He jsut wanted to use her to achieve propularity, DUH!

Anyway... maybe it's because I'm an asshat Cloti, but I didn't find that little diary entry to be romantic at all. Cute, and kind of nice, but... romantic? They always acted as if he was drooling over her or something. Like her eyes were so pretty, and that he was lost in them or something. It's actually because they kind of reminded him of his own?

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

Well, he wasn't completely not himself either. It was part him, part Zack, part... something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom